What's with the low oil prices?

Somewhere I read and I have to look it up; its about the economic history of the USA and its banking regulations. From the time of Washington's presidency or from the time of banking institution in this country until FDR, our country went through either a depression or serious recession every 15- 20 years. That stopped happening after [ The Banking Act of 1935 established a new relationship between the Board of Governors and the twelve Federal Reserve Banks. As the Board of Governors viewed the Act, “It preserves the autonomy of the regional Banks in matters of local concern, but places responsibility for national monetary and credit policies on the Board of Governors and the Federal Open Market Committee. “] and we it stopped until the deregulation of the reagan economics.
Now look where we have been since then. Every 15 to 20 yrs we have the recessions again!

This is a direct result of reagan economics.

Indices for 22 commodities have also been dropping, and the decrease for several began after the U.S. ended QE after the middle of last year. During the same period, oil consumption remained weak for the U.S., EU, and Japan.

Definitely, and deregulation in general.

One word!!!!!!!!!! DEREGULATION

Indices for 22 commodities have also been dropping, and the decrease for several began after the U.S. ended QE after the middle of last year. During the same period, oil consumption remained weak for the U.S., EU, and Japan.

Can you please rationalize that statement? There have been four presidents since Reagan and 28 years, how can you rationalize that what is happening today was his fault? Even if what he did was wrong there has been lots of time to correct the situation. The economic growth that came out of the Reagan era was and is unmatched. It continued until the worse America president in my time, William Jefferson Clinton and his free trade BS. It was predicted and happened and the two following presidents/Congress has done nothing.

Somewhere I read and I have to look it up; its about the economic history of the USA and its banking regulations. From the time of Washington's presidency or from the time of banking institution in this country until FDR, our country went through either a depression or serious recession every 15- 20 years. That stopped happening after [ The Banking Act of 1935 established a new relationship between the Board of Governors and the twelve Federal Reserve Banks. As the Board of Governors viewed the Act, “It preserves the autonomy of the regional Banks in matters of local concern, but places responsibility for national monetary and credit policies on the Board of Governors and the Federal Open Market Committee. “] and we it stopped until the deregulation of the reagan economics.
Now look where we have been since then. Every 15 to 20 yrs we have the recessions again!

From the time of Washington's presidency or from the time of banking institution in this country until FDR, our country went through either a depression or serious recession every 15- 20 years.

Closer to every 10 years, for serious contractions.

and we it stopped until the deregulation of the reagan economics.

Wrong. From 1933 until Reagan, 9 expansions, averaging just under 53 months.

Since Reagan was elected, our economic expansions have been 12, 92, 120 and 73 months, through June 2009. Or over 74 months on average.

http://www.nber.org/cycles.html

Economic crashes have happened every 115 to 20 years.

From the time of Washington's presidency or from the time of banking institution in this country until FDR, our country went through either a depression or serious recession every 15- 20 years.

Since Reagan was elected, our economic expansions have been 12, 92, 120 and 73 months, through June 2009. Or over 74 months on average.

What is a crash, statistically?

What is a crash, statistically?
Heh

One word!!!!!!!!!! DEREGULATION

Can you please rationalize that statement? There have been four presidents since Reagan and 28 years, how can you rationalize that what is happening today was his fault? Even if what he did was wrong there has been lots of time to correct the situation. The economic growth that came out of the Reagan era was and is unmatched. It continued until the worse America president in my time, William Jefferson Clinton and his free trade BS. It was predicted and happened and the two following presidents/Congress has done nothing.

Again, four presidents since.

But in reality all you are doing is sloganeering. Tell me how the disaster of the last 6 years was caused by deregulation, and of what industry.

As the chart in this article shows, increasing debt across the board took off during the early 1980s:

Krugman and the pied pipers of debt

Look, just look at what Obama has done to America. It is a crime he should be impeached and put in Leavenworth.

US-Debt-Economic-Crisis-Chart-2012.jpg

The economic growth that came out of the Reagan era was and is unmatched. It continued until the worse America president in my time, William Jefferson Clinton and his free trade BS.

Can you please rationalize that statement? Economic growth under Clinton was superior to that under Reagan.

I don't need to rationalize the truth. Clinton road the economic wave that Reagan started and ruined it later with his free trade agreements. No rationalization needed, what happened was predicted, Clinton screwed the working man like NO other.

But here, rationalize this article:

Reaganomics Vs. Obamanomics Facts And Figures - Forbes

I hope you will come to realize how really great was Reagan.

The economic growth that came out of the Reagan era was and is unmatched. It continued until the worse America president in my time, William Jefferson Clinton and his free trade BS.

Can you please rationalize that statement? Economic growth under Clinton was superior to that under Reagan.

I don't need to rationalize the truth. Clinton road the economic wave that Reagan started and ruined it later with his free trade agreements. No rationalization needed, what happened was predicted, Clinton screwed the working man like NO other.

Wow, so you demand other people "rationalize" their claims, but retreat to blather and dogma for your own. *shakes head*

Wow, so you demand other people "rationalize" their claims, but retreat to blather and dogma for your own. *shakes head*

Absolutely I ask people to rationalize their BS. I post the fact that support what I have said, no rationalization needed. But BS like saying Reagan caused the mess that Obama has gotten us into requires some sort of rationalization. The OP blamed the mess Obama has created on Reagan, I asked for a rationalization of such an idiotic statement. I assumed, wrongly perhaps, that the OP was basing it on some sort of rational thought. Turns out I was wrong.

Sorry bout that,

1. The American economy would ZOOM, if gas prices went to .99 a gallon.
2. The rich oil companies would claim they suffer but hell no, they would again prosper, like they always do, American oil companies just about own and built America, they need to make it easier on the poor people and lower the fucking gasoline prices!
3. They charge fucking 15.00 for a gallon of paint thinner, airline fuel aint cheap either.
4. Get the price down you greedy bastards!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

The problem is that production and marginal costs have gone up due to peak oil.

What happened was that Reagan supported tax cuts, believing that this would lead to less spending. Instead, the deficit grew. At the same time, the Triffin dilemma guaranteed continued trade deficits for the country. Finally, deregulation led to more power for Wall Street and even multinational corporations.

Each administration followed, leading to rising debt, heavy dependence on consumer spending, tax cuts coupled with more entitlement, and more war costs to keep the petro-dollar propped up.

The result is a major financial crash, recovery through bailouts (not surprising, as the government essentially works for the rich), unemployment, economic instability, and more debt.

What happened was that Reagan supported tax cuts, believing that this would lead to less spending. Instead, the deficit grew. At the same time, the Triffin dilemma guaranteed continued trade deficits for the country. Finally, deregulation led to more power for Wall Street and even multinational corporations.

Each administration followed, leading to rising debt, heavy dependence on consumer spending, tax cuts coupled with more entitlement, and more war costs to keep the petro-dollar propped up.

The result is a major financial crash, recovery through bailouts (not surprising, as the government essentially works for the rich), unemployment, economic instability, and more debt.

Granted the Chinese name Tiffin dilemma as the problem that caused the world to go into recession along with the US it was not the cause of the recession, in my opinion but it is certainly hard to know what came first.

Here is an article on degregulation and if it caused the 2008 crash. It says it better then I ever could.

Did Deregulation Cause the Financial Crisis Cato Institute

Conclusion

The past few decades have witnessed a significant expansion in the number of financial regulators and regulations, contrary to the widely held belief that our financial market regulations were “rolled back.” While many regulators may have been shortsighted and over-confident in their own ability to spare our financial markets from collapse, this failing is one of regulation, not deregulation. When one scratches below the surface of the “deregulation” argument, it becomes apparent that the usual suspects, like the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, did not cause the current crisis and that the supposed refusal of regulators to deal with derivatives and “predatory” mortgages would have had little impact on the actual course of events, as these issues were not central to the crisis. To explain the financial crisis, and avoid the next one, we should look at the failure of regulation, not at a mythical deregulation.

Sorry bout that,

2. The rich oil companies would claim they suffer but hell no, they would again prosper, like they always do, American oil companies just about own and built America, they need to make it easier on the poor people and lower the fucking gasoline prices!
3. They charge fucking 15.00 for a gallon of paint thinner, airline fuel aint cheap either.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Peak oil? What's that?

Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Peak oil? What's that?
It's that lie many scientists were using to get grant money in the pre-global warming days.

Forum List

Back