What's the solution to rising job loss due to technology?

View attachment 178581
Can a robot finish this?
Doubt it.

Well actually...yes...soon

robotic_arm_bowling.jpg
Like I said, the machine can have it. In my 50's. Tough work.

Get your arse on the roof C3PO

They said the same shit 40 years ago and here we still are......robots will never take over

So the will and desire to cheat the system runs in your blood...it all makes sense now. No wonder you support illegal wetbacks fucking over REAL Americans....after all, your grandfather fucked over his own Union Brothers.

Not only are you a loser....but you are a total asshole

Thanks for posting

I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings bud. Just call it like I see it.
But don’t you think it’s time you start thinking and speaking like a good American does/would?

So a good American would use the inferior tool and take longer to do a job just so others can get paid more, is that what you are saying?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Do you know how a Union Brotherhood works?

Yes I do. They fuck over companies and make sure the company cannot be competitive in the international market place.

NEGATIVE
I'm talking about the inside dynamic among Union Brothers...they are a "UNION", they band together and ALWAYS do what's right for the Union.
They are not and should never be "company men".
You want to be a company man...go work for a company.

View attachment 178581
Can a robot finish this?
Doubt it.

robotic_arm_bowling.jpg

I did roofing for about 8 years... my own company, bonded and insured, not just a bunch of losers with pick ups... I made a killing. There is a ton of money in roofing, but absolute bust-ass work.
Yeah. Do that once in a while. Mostly frame.
Well, break is over and the damn droid is late.:102:

View attachment 178581
Can a robot finish this?
Doubt it.

robotic_arm_bowling.jpg

I did roofing for about 8 years... my own company, bonded and insured, not just a bunch of losers with pick ups... I made a killing. There is a ton of money in roofing, but absolute bust-ass work.
Yeah. Do that once in a while. Mostly frame.
Well, break is over and the damn droid is late.:102:

Framing is awesome, funnest part of building a structure...well except when putting up trusses, that kind of sucked.

What can a human really do that advanced AI won't eventually be able to do better? Every time this conversation is had somebody inevitably makes the terrible argument that we'll need people to fix the machines, so there's nothing to worry about. Do you really think robot maintenance jobs will offset the massive loss in jobs across the entire board? Do you really think these robots won't eventually be maintaining themselves?

In the next century we will be seeing human labor become largely obsolete. There will be less and less jobs, and therefore more and more unemployment. What happens when 40-50% of the population (or more) can't find work because it just isn't there? How is that sustainable?
Population control is the first thing to consider. The US needs to shoot for and achieve zero population growth. People need to stop having babies. People need to be educated as to why it is wisest to have small families.

Second, more people need to train in the technology field. Also, communities need to focus on providing tourism services because that is a burgeoning industry around the world, and people can find work in that industry if it expands in their area. Tourism and technology.

What can a human really do that advanced AI won't eventually be able to do better? Every time this conversation is had somebody inevitably makes the terrible argument that we'll need people to fix the machines, so there's nothing to worry about. Do you really think robot maintenance jobs will offset the massive loss in jobs across the entire board? Do you really think these robots won't eventually be maintaining themselves?

In the next century we will be seeing human labor become largely obsolete. There will be less and less jobs, and therefore more and more unemployment. What happens when 40-50% of the population (or more) can't find work because it just isn't there? How is that sustainable?
Population control is the first thing to consider. The US needs to shoot for and achieve zero population grown. People need to stop having babies. People need to be educated as to why it is most wise to have small families.

Second, more people need to train in the technology field. Also, communities need to focus on providing tourism services because that is a burgeoning industry around the world, and people can find work in that industry if it expands in their area. Tourism and technology.

That isn't going to work. (population control) It absolutely will be in the future, but not till our society is catastrophically overpopulated.

My grandfather was a union painter after he got back from WWII

The paint roller had just come out and the union would inspect the job site to make sure they were using a paint brush instead of a roller. Reason was because a man with a paint roller could do the job of three painters

My grandfather said he used to hide a roller under a tarp until the union guys left

So the will and desire to cheat the system runs in your blood...it all makes sense now. No wonder you support illegal wetbacks fucking over REAL Americans....after all, your grandfather fucked over his own Union Brothers.
:asshole:

Population control is the first thing to consider. The US needs to shoot for and achieve zero population grown. People need to stop having babies. People need to be educated as to why it is most wise to have small families.

That isn't going to work. (population control) It absolutely will be in the future, but not till our society is catastrophically overpopulated.
Most countries in Europe have zero population growth or close to it. They also have a highly educated populace. The two go hand in hand.

My grandfather was a union painter after he got back from WWII

The paint roller had just come out and the union would inspect the job site to make sure they were using a paint brush instead of a roller. Reason was because a man with a paint roller could do the job of three painters

My grandfather said he used to hide a roller under a tarp until the union guys left

Thanks for posting

But don’t you think it’s time you start thinking and speaking like a good American does/would?

No, seriously

You are a loser and a total asshole....your posts are not really worth a response

Thanks for posting

So a good American would use the inferior tool and take longer to do a job just so others can get paid more, is that what you are saying?

Yes I do. They fuck over companies and make sure the company cannot be competitive in the international market place.

NEGATIVE
I'm talking about the inside dynamic among Union Brothers...they are a "UNION", they band together and ALWAYS do what's right for the Union.

What was "right" for the unions have made unions obsolete. It is that mentality of union brothers that would make me never hire one to even work on my house. I want them to care about me and my house, not their brothers.

NEGATIVE

What was "right" for the unions have made unions obsolete. It is that mentality of union brothers that would make me never hire one to even work on my house. I want them to care about me and my house, not their brothers.

I get that...but you see how rightwinger grandfather shit on the faces of his Union Brothers. He would get his ass beat for that shit in most REAL Unions.

Most countries in Europe have zero population growth or close to it. They also have a highly educated populace. The two go hand in hand.

Exactly, and that makes my point also.

Exactly, and that makes my point also.
I don't know if I made myself clear: the reason people in Europe have small families is because they are generally well educated. They realize that if you have 2 kids instead of 4 or 5, you can give your kids a better life and the family a better life. The education comes first, then the understanding about having a small family.

Screw that asshole, the taxes have already been paid on that wealth so choke on it.
You may want to live in a Downton Abby world but that is not what I want for my kids or my country.
You want to steal other people's money, that's sick.
Is it their money if they did nothing to earn it? I'm not talking about a mere million or two I'm talking real money, tens or hundreds of millions. Help me out, I can think of numerous negative effects on the children and society, but what are the positive effects of allowing these huge fortunes to be passed from one generation to another?

Kill the bots...
f59578155fe1f27849fba06e114e9f17.jpg

NEGATIVE

I get that...but you see how rightwinger grandfather shit on the faces of his Union Brothers. He would get his ass beat for that shit in most REAL Unions.

Just think, if more union workers were like the grandpa and not like what you describe, maybe unions would not be useless today.

Is it their money if they did nothing to earn it? I'm not talking about a mere million or two I'm talking real money, tens or hundreds of millions. Help me out, I can think of numerous negative effects on the children and society, but what are the positive effects of allowing these huge fortunes to be passed from one generation to another?

Ahahaha this is going to get comical...okay who's money is it?

Forum List

Back