What's the real cost of gas in America?

what are you like 14? :eusa_eh: FYI- Palin calls it "this great nation" Don't go off-msg again :eusa_hand:
I never left the message asshole...and don't YOU tell me what to do...BOY.:eusa_hand:

ANOTHER internet toughie? :lol: http://www.usmessageboard.com/gener...ressed-by-the-internet-tough-guy-routine.html

Translation:

I keep losing here so I thought that I'd try a little obfuscation off-topic..."

You aren't a big enough MAN to engage me boy.

Translation:

I keep losing here so I thought that I'd try a little obfuscation off-topic..."

You aren't a big enough MAN to engage me boy.

ZZZzzz. Still the same old bloviator. :rolleyes: Keep up the good work son. :clap2:
Facts don't 'Bloviate'.

Learn it, Live it, KNOW it...

AssClown.gif

...ASSCLOWN​

So, none of you right-wing talking-point spouters has a reason why the law of supply of demand seems to have become meaningless?

Yeah, I think you all know quite well. But go ahead, keep trying to blame it on the President. Because that's just so likely.
The price of oil is set by the futures market. The current supply has little to do with it. The reason gas prices are up is due to the fact that domestic refining capacity is dropping like a rock.

Happy?

So, none of you right-wing talking-point spouters has a reason why the law of supply of demand seems to have become meaningless?

Yeah, I think you all know quite well. But go ahead, keep trying to blame it on the President. Because that's just so likely.
The price of oil is set by the futures market. The current supply has little to do with it. The reason gas prices are up is due to the fact that domestic refining capacity is dropping like a rock.

Happy?

When was the last time a Refinery was built here in the USA?

Gas is up to $4.37 a gallon in my area of California...

I blame Obama/Democrat policies...

Really? You mean that while the energy corporations are exporting gasoline from the USA by the tankerful, you blame the President because he did not do what? Tell the corporations that they cannot export gasoline? That they cannot charge whatever they please? I thought you guys were against government interferance in business?

Happy?

Since we are exporting gasoline from the refineries that we have, what the hell differance does that make? Are you that stupid:cuckoo:

Happy?

The Carter Administration, I believe.

The industry has been able to do more with less by adding capacity to existing refineries, but the immediate problem now is that two refineries in Pennsylvania shut down in December, which reduced the country's refining capacity by about 4%.

And just to give a fuller picture, the East and South gets a different kind of crude that, though easier to refine, is more expensive, while the West gets the oil sands, which is about 20% cheaper, last time I checked.

Happy?
Your link didn't post-through :eusa_whistle:

Happy?

Since we are exporting gasoline from the refineries that we have, what the hell differance does that make? Are you that stupid:cuckoo:

He gets his info from CNSNews :)

Happy?

Why then are we exporting gasoline and diesel?

Gas, other fuels are top U.S. export

NEW YORK (AP) – For the first time, the top export of the United States, the world's biggest gas guzzler, is — wait for it — fuel.

By David J. Phillip, AP
In this Nov. 10, 2010 file photo, oil refineries are shown in this aerial view, in Deer Park, Texas. For the first time, the top export of the United States is fuel.

Measured in dollars, the nation is on pace this year to ship more gasoline, diesel, and jet fuel than any other single export, according to U.S. Census data going back to 1990. It will also be the first year in more than 60 that America has been a net exporter of these fuels.

Just how big of a shift is this? A decade ago, fuel wasn't even among the top 25 exports. And for the last five years, America's top export was aircraft.

Happy?

I think they're mainly exporting gasoline and the like from the Eastern refineries because of lower demand there, but don't hold me to that.

Happy?

He gets his info from CNSNews :)
I get mine from many sources...and am grown up enough to make up my own mind for myself and my family...as an Individual...NOT an Obamabot partisan such as yerself...

*NEXT*

Happy?
To what, that the price of oil is set by the futures market or that the refining capacity is down?

I didn't have to Google that ...

Happy?

NEW YORK (AP) – For the first time, the top export of the United States, the world's biggest gas guzzler, is — wait for it — fuel.

By David J. Phillip, AP
In this Nov. 10, 2010 file photo, oil refineries are shown in this aerial view, in Deer Park, Texas. For the first time, the top export of the United States is fuel.

Measured in dollars, the nation is on pace this year to ship more gasoline, diesel, and jet fuel than any other single export, according to U.S. Census data going back to 1990. It will also be the first year in more than 60 that America has been a net exporter of these fuels.

Just how big of a shift is this? A decade ago, fuel wasn't even among the top 25 exports. And for the last five years, America's top export was aircraft.

What, exactly, is WRONG with that picture?

Why are we exporting grain?

Come on- you're smarter than that. Cut out the antics already.

Happy?

By David J. Phillip, AP

USA TODAY tethered to the AP...

No Soap.

Disregarded.

Farm exports are a major contributor to the U.S. balance of trade and equate to a significant portion of the GDP of our nation.

Farm exports.

Ever ask yourselves why you're paying record dollars for your groceries?

Of course you don't.

Ever wonder why you're paying record dollars for gasoline?

Of course you do.

Can anyone tell me why it's OK to export agricultural products, but it's not OK to export oil products?

Farm exports are a major contributor to the U.S. balance of trade and equate to a significant portion of the GDP of our nation.

Farm exports.

Of course you don't.

Of course you do.

Can anyone tell me why it's OK to export agricultural products, but it's not OK to export oil products?
good question.

i think we have an over abundance of food here, it would go to waste if not sold to those outside of the country. Our food prices are higher DUE TO higher gasoline / diesel prices not all due to exporting...

and we have been told 'over and over again' that there is a shortage of oil/gasoline, thus the high price, thus the costly need to be in the middle east with troops....thus the cry from the right that we need to drill baby drill, here....

so i have to ask....what's the use of drill baby drill, if the refined oil in to gasoline just gets shipped over seas?

Farm exports.

Of course you don't.

Of course you do.

good question.

i think we have an over abundance of food here, it would go to waste if not sold to those outside of the country. Our food prices are higher DUE TO higher gasoline / diesel prices not all due to exporting...

and we have been told 'over and over again' that there is a shortage of oil/gasoline, thus the high price, thus the costly need to be in the middle east with troops....thus the cry from the right that we need to drill baby drill, here....

so i have to ask....what's the use of drill baby drill, if the refined oil in to gasoline just gets shipped over seas?
It gets sold "overseas" (mainly to Canada and Mexico) because the demand is higher and they can charge more per unit in those countries than in this one. Demand here is lower due to the recession, more fuel efficient vehicles and the ethanol mandate, among other things.

The advantage to drilling domestically is the ability to have more control over our source of oil and therefore the price of gasoline's raw material. As it stands now, we buy about half of our oil from OPEC (i.e., Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Hugo Chavez and the House of Saud, among others), so they basically control the price of half of the oil we buy.

Farm exports.

Of course you don't.

Of course you do.

good question.

It gets sold "overseas" (mainly to Canada and Mexico) because the demand is higher and they can charge more per unit in those countries than in this one. Demand here is lower due to the recession, more fuel efficient vehicles and the ethanol mandate, among other things.

The advantage to drilling domestically is the ability to have more control over our source of oil and therefore the price of gasoline's raw material. As it stands now, we buy about half of our oil from OPEC (i.e., Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Hugo Chavez and the House of Saud, among others), so they basically control the price of half of the oil we buy.
are you saying that we are charged less than the going price of oil from OPEC by theoil and gas companies here, if it comes for here? I thought it was a global market and priced according to the global market?

and are you saying our gvt can make the oil and gas companies keep the products they produce here in the usa if it is drawn and produced here in the usa?

I guess I do not understand your comment on this because my understanding is that usa oil and gas companies can sell their product to whomever they choose and if it is china or Denmark that gives them the higher price for the fuel, they were obligated to their shareholders to get the higher price and not keep their products drawn from here, here.

good question.

are you saying that we are charged less than the going price of oil from OPEC by theoil and gas companies here, if it comes for here? I thought it was a global market and priced according to the global market?

and are you saying our gvt can make the oil and gas companies keep the products they produce here in the usa if it is drawn and produced here in the usa?

I guess I do not understand your comment on this because my understanding is that usa oil and gas companies can sell their product to whomever they choose and if it is china or Denmark that gives them the higher price for the fuel, they were obligated to their shareholders to get the higher price and not keep their products drawn from here, here.
The oil and gas companies will buy from whoever can offer it to them at the lowest price. If the domestic producers can undercut OPEC (which they ought to be able to do), than that will naturally drive down the cost of crude. Domestic drilling also has a natural advantage because the cost of transportation is much lower. Additionally, it puts money in the pocket of everyday people via royalties, rentals, signing bonuses, etc. The major effect needed for gasoline prices to lower is for the economy to come back to life, which can be done by making crude oil cheaper. Once the economy turns around, gasoline consumption goes up, making it cost effective to sell here because they will make more money due to volume sold instead of price per unit.

I'm not suggesting that the government force anyone to do anything. Quite the opposite.

Forum List

Back