What's the real cost of gas in America?

I wonder how much in taxes Federal,State and local is attached to every gallon of gas sold at the pump?
18 cents for federal gas tax per gallon, and each state is different but it averages about 30 cents a gallon for the State gas tax....

State and federal gas taxes are suppose to pay for the highways, bridges and roads....instead we get 250 million dollar bridges to 'no where' in alaska and crud like that.....

When you include the tax breaks for the oil companies, the environment damage done by fossil fuels, and the trillions we spend in the Middle East protecting the oil supply with our military, the real cost of a gallon of gas is probably closer to $15.

If we switched to alternative energy and conservation, we wouldn't have all these additional costs.

What’s The Real Cost of Gas in America? | Dylan Ratigan

So you mean if we would just drill here and not have our military overseas we could get gas at a cheaper price?

Mike

As far as I'm concerned, the way the government has handled ethanol up to now should disqualify them from getting involved in energy R&D forevermore.

Good Lord, what a scam.

There's a folder in my office with clippings that's I've collected on ethanol since the early '80s.
One article states how ethanol blends initially failed then-existing EPA emissions tests.
So did they scrap the program? Hell no, they rewrote emissions standards to accomidate it.

Why hasnt Big Ag ever been held accountable for this and other shortcomings?
Pollution? Oh no- not the farmers. High prices? It's not their fault. Profits? Who cares!
Subsidies- yes subsidies. TRUE subsidies. The mail-box money kind. There's no such thing in the petroleum industry. Yet, in listening to Liberals' whiney asses you'd think anyone remotely associated with oil and gas is awash in them.

I'm so tired of the bullshit. I've been listening to it for 35 years and not a damn thing has changed.

Last edited:
Libs tout electric cars, but then make it harder to produce electricity by stopping nuclear power plants, shutting down coal plants, etc.....all in the face of our national grid stretched to the max in the summer months.

So in the future you will have to choose either to plug in your car or have the lights on in your house....

Who "stopped nuclear power plants" exactly?

Seems to me the Obama administration has supported them the whole time.

Even when it wasn't a very popular position to take:

Obama Administration Stands Behind Nuclear Power - WSJ.com

When you include the tax breaks for the oil companies, the environment damage done by fossil fuels, and the trillions we spend in the Middle East protecting the oil supply with our military, the real cost of a gallon of gas is probably closer to $15.

If we switched to alternative energy and conservation, we wouldn't have all these additional costs.

What’s The Real Cost of Gas in America? | Dylan Ratigan

Brief history lesson: it takes energy to move an economy forward.

In the ancient days it took people energy (armies, slaves) to grow food and to protect shipping routes, and what you had.
Then we learned that we could use water and wind to assist travel, and work (slaves and armies were still needed)
When this country was formed, it was believed that people could make a community that would do the work, and the defense (slaves and indentured servants were still used)
ENGINES were invented. Fewer people were needed to accomplish the same amount of work. The engine had to be FUELED to use energy. This allowed us to become "civilized" and to abolish slavery.
People could buy or build an engine (a tool that used fuel) and make their own business
It the business was desired, the owner was paid to PRODUCE, if the owner had enough demand, the owner hired employees
People made thousands of businesses providing products that were not used a generation before, and people that were employed or owned businesses wanted more....
Some of the people said their is abuse of the employees and the employees believed
Now they gave their "welfare" into the hands of politicians that wanted the authority that the business owners earned
Now those employees are not as abused by their employers, but their freedom has been reduced by the politicians
The politicians want more authority and are willing to have slaves (undocumented workers) and indentured servants (taxpayers) come back
The easiest way to do this is to reduce the amount of "energy" available for work, once machines are not available, people will force other people to do work, and only the elite and pets of the politicians will be the "1%"

Now don't you have some algea to collect to fill up your gas tank?

Say, what policy of Obama makes the price of gas go up, even though there is an over-supply of oil at the moment.

Oversupply? Is that why we still import 9 million barrels a day?

So, you feel that the US exists in a vacuum?

Yes, there is a world-wide oversupply of oil at the moment.

And the Arabs are actually pushing out so much oil at the moment, that the over-supply is growing.

Yet, the price of oil continues to rise.

Now, why is that?

What policy of the Obama administration, specifically, do you believe is responsible for that?

I wonder how much in taxes Federal,State and local is attached to every gallon of gas sold at the pump?
18 cents for federal gas tax per gallon, and each state is different but it averages about 30 cents a gallon for the State gas tax....

State and federal gas taxes are suppose to pay for the highways, bridges and roads....instead we get 250 million dollar bridges to 'no where' in alaska and crud like that.....
Motor Fuel Taxes

So, none of you right-wing talking-point spouters has a reason why the law of supply of demand seems to have become meaningless?

Yeah, I think you all know quite well. But go ahead, keep trying to blame it on the President. Because that's just so likely.

So, none of you right-wing talking-point spouters has a reason why the law of supply of demand seems to have become meaningless?

Yeah, I think you all know quite well. But go ahead, keep trying to blame it on the President. Because that's just so likely.

It becomes meaningless when Government bureaucrats soil it for political gains and the liberty aspect is forgotten.

*Jackass*

Chris and johnusa- separated at birth?

They both create threads ad nauseum but never participate.

Chris - pony up dude.
Do you stick around after you drop a deuce? :lol:

I'm not saying these aren't interesting and/or contentious topics. But geez o'mighty if you're going to throw something out there, it must be for a reason.

Stand and deliver.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUBko3LV-24]Adam And The Ants - Stand & Deliver (Live Hit Studio 1981) - YouTube[/ame]

It's not just Obama - it everyone on the loony left. Obama and the Democrats spend a lot of time pandering to the environmental nut-jobs that place human life below ferns....

Pondscumgaspricesign.jpg

(Image: Graphics Connection, LLC )​

It's not just Obama - it everyone on the loony left. Obama and the Democrats spend a lot of time pandering to the environmental nut-jobs that place human life below ferns....

Enviro nutjobs...funny. :lol:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back