I have two bones to pick with you guys. One for the left and one on the right.

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
We'll start with the left.

All the hate and mockery topics about Santorum and his religious beliefs. You scream about tolerance in all areas until a devout Christian speaks his mind. He has made it clear they are his beliefs and that is the extent of it. But you all post hate topics non stop. I'm not a believer but I am of the mind that to each his own. Many of you on the other hand can't seem to grasp the hypocrisy of your positions.

Now the right....

We have both soldiers and captives (in Egypt) in harms way. Yet many of you are all to happy to jump on the Obama is a fuck up bandwagon and critique or even slam the way he is dealing with the holy book situation. Lives are at stake and NO ONE knows if the way he is handling it may end up saving lives or torture of captives. We have plenty of reasons to want Obama out and this isn't one of them.

Playing in the mud can be fun on here but to me both of these issues are over the top when they are addressed in such a frivolous manner.

Last edited:
I do not believe in any god or afterlife.
However True Christians are fine folks.
People that use religion for their own personal gains are scum.

We tried to elevate the culture of this board.

You saw how far it went.

Members here are human, all too human. Maybe someone will be a bit more adult for a second after reading this. But I am not holding my breath

You saw how far it went.

Members here are human, all too human. Maybe someone will be a bit more adult for a second after reading this. But I am not holding my breath
"

SOME members in here are, on a good day, BORDERLINE human. People without integrity and accountability and core values and core beliefs and conscience are "fringe" humans. People without any of those traits who are also HYPOCRITES are dangerous, because they are sociopaths who should not be allowed to "mingle" with the rest of us.

All the hate and mockery topics about Santorum and his religious beliefs. You scream about tolerance in all areas until a devout Christian speaks his mind. He has made it clear they are his beliefs and that is the extent of it. But you all post hate topics non stop. I'm not a believer but I am of the mind that to each his own. Many of you on the other hand can't seem to grasp the hypocrisy of your positions.

Now the right....

We have both soldiers and captives (omg Egypt) in harms way. Yet many of you are all to happy to jump on the Obama is a fuck up bandwagon and critique or even slam the way he is dealing with the holy book situation. Lives are at stake and NO ONE knows if the way he is handling it may end up saving lives or torture of captives. We have plenty of reasons to want Obama out and this isn't one of them.

Playing in the mud can be fun on here but to me both of these issues are over the top when they are addressed in such a frivolous manner.

President Obama IS a fuck up.

There were ALWAYS lives at stake and that would be true even if we had no military there and no hostages there.

The "apology" is dangerously misguided.

To criticize him over it is not to play politics. It is to criticize him, as we have the right to do, in the hope that maybe he will start to buy a clue sooner or later. It is one thing to be just wrong. It is another thing to be dangerously, stupidly and avoidably wrong.

Last edited:
"Atheism is not a philosophy; it is not even a view of the world; it is simply an admission of the obvious. In fact, "atheist" is a term that should not ever exist. No one ever needs to identify himself as a "non astrologer" or a "non-alchemist". We do not have words for people who doubt that Elvis is still alive or that aliens traversed the galaxy only to molest ranchers and their cattle. Atheism is nothing more than the noises reasonable people make in the presence of unjustified religious beliefs. An atheist is simply a person who believes that the 260 million Americans (87 percent of the population) claiming to "never doubt the existence of God" should be obliged to present evidence for his existence-and, indeed, for his BENEVOLENCE, given the relentless destruction of innocent human beings we witness in the world each day".

"Religion is the one area of our discourse in which people are systematically protected from the demand to give good evidence and valid arguments in defense of their strongly held beliefs. And yet these beliefs regularly determine what they live for, what they will die for, and - all too often - what they will kill for. Consequently, we are living in a world in which millions of grown men and women can rationalize the violent sacrifice of their own children by recourse to fairy tales".

-Sam Harris
Letter to a Christian Nation

• Banned

Now the right....

We have both soldiers and captives (omg Egypt) in harms way. Yet many of you are all to happy to jump on the Obama is a fuck up bandwagon and critique or even slam the way he is dealing with the holy book situation. Lives are at stake and NO ONE knows if the way he is handling it may end up saving lives or torture of captives. We have plenty of reasons to want Obama out and this isn't one of them.

There were ALWAYS lives at stake and that would be true even if we had no military there and no hostages there.

To criticize him over it is not to play politics. It is to criticize him, as we have the right to do, in the hope that maybe he will start to buy a clue sooner or later. It is one thing to be just wrong. It is another thing to be dangerously, stupidly and avoidably wrong.

In my opinion I don't consider his position or my opinion of it dangerously stupid. And while you are correct about the people in harms way the soldiers get paid for the risk. The others not so much. And we haven't even touched on the topic of public perception.

Now the right....

In my opinion I don't consider his position or my opinion of it dangerously stupid. And while you are correct about the people in harms way the soldiers get paid for the risk. The others not so much. And we haven't even touched on the topic of public perception.

Ah, but the issue is not whether you disagree. The question you were asking still boils down to what others believe (as the motivation behind what they say and write). For example, I do maintain that what he has said IS dangerously stupid.

And I don't care if soldiers/marines etc get "paid" to be in harm's way. That's no justification for saying stupid shit that increases the danger to which they are exposed.

I am not grokking your last comment about "public perception."

I deffinetly agree ith Gramp on Santorum, but I disagree with him on Obama. I don't like Obama's appeasment tactics, because they make America weaker in the long run. In my opinion the criticism is warranted.

I just got home from work and the headline rolling across the ticker on the news channel is...

20 dead in Anti US riots

I can guaranty you they aren't rioting about our apology. And when I mentioned public perception I wasn't only referring to American citizens.

Now the right....

Some people are saying President George W. Bush apologized when American GI's shot up a Koran. What say you?

Now the right....

We have both soldiers and captives (in Egypt) in harms way. Yet many of you are all to happy to jump on the Obama is a fuck up bandwagon and critique or even slam the way he is dealing with the holy book situation. Lives are at stake and NO ONE knows if the way he is handling it may end up saving lives or torture of captives. We have plenty of reasons to want Obama out and this isn't one of them.

GP, these are admirable thoughts. As to your first one: Truer words were never spoken. There are people on these forums who will prop up killers of Americans and spit on the graves of our soldiers who served to give them their freedom. They are the most intolerant people in America today.

As to your second one: Not sure why it took me so long to figure this one out. I could never grasp why Obama never stood out more as an American on these issues. It is his own puny ass he is trying to save. Whether he is muslim or not, he knows that he could end up screwed, chewed, and barbequed by peaceful islam. THAT is the one he is trying to avoid by making what he perceives to be the right noises. Your children or mine mean nothing to him. He, as well as I, knows there are NO right noises to make with them. They hate us and they want us dead. All of us.

You saw how far it went.

Not sure to what you refer.

I just got home from work and the headline rolling across the ticker on the news channel is...

20 dead in Anti US riots

I can guaranty you they aren't rioting about our apology. And when I mentioned public perception I wasn't only referring to American citizens.

that's true, but does that mean the appology is appropriate?

[Santorum] has made it clear they are his beliefs and that is the extent of it.

Clearly not.

Santorum has stated he believes states should have the authority to ban contraceptive therapies and criminalize homosexuality. In addition to such positions being an un-Constitutional violation of the right to privacy and equal protection of the law, it’s logical to infer Santorum as president would appoint rightist ideologues to the Federal courts – and in particular the Supreme Court – imperiling the civil liberties of all Americans.

It’s not an ‘attack’ of Santorum’s faith, as his detractors have a legitimate concern that Santorum would pursue a radical rightist agenda a majority of Americans reject. It is not ‘intolerance’ of Santorum’s beliefs; indeed, those opposed to Santorum are fighting to retain a tolerant society.

Now the right....

GP, these are admirable thoughts. As to your first one: Truer words were never spoken. There are people on these forums who will prop up killers of Americans and spit on the graves of our soldiers who served to give them their freedom. They are the most intolerant people in America today.

As to your second one: Not sure why it took me so long to figure this one out. I could never grasp why Obama never stood out more as an American on these issues. It is his own puny ass he is trying to save. Whether he is muslim or not, he knows that he could end up screwed, chewed, and barbequed by peaceful islam. THAT is the one he is trying to avoid by making what he perceives to be the right noises. Your children or mine mean nothing to him. He, as well as I, knows there are NO right noises to make with them. They hate us and they want us dead. All of us.

Let's be clear, I can not stand Obamas agenda. Now to the real deal, the part THAT ACTUALLY MATTERS. Nearly two years ago my youngest daughter joined the army. I DO NOT believe that Obamas reaction to this situation is putting any of our soldiers in danger. Obama has by now solidified what people think of him be they American or not. A tempered reaction can do nothing but help in my opinion. He can most certainly lash out about the Americans killed but to be callous about such a touchy issue when we still have Americans at risk? Now to me THAT would be a deriliction of duty.

Sorry for the crappy spelling.

[Santorum] has made it clear they are his beliefs and that is the extent of it.

Clearly not.

Santorum has stated he believes states should have the authority to ban contraceptive therapies and criminalize homosexuality. In addition to such positions being an un-Constitutional violation of the right to privacy and equal protection of the law, it’s logical to infer Santorum as president would appoint rightist ideologues to the Federal courts – and in particular the Supreme Court – imperiling the civil liberties of all Americans.

It’s not an ‘attack’ of Santorum’s faith, as his detractors have a legitimate concern that Santorum would pursue a radical rightist agenda a majority of Americans reject. It is not ‘intolerance’ of Santorum’s beliefs; indeed, those opposed to Santorum are fighting to retain a tolerant society.

He stated very clearly in the debate the other day that, and I'm paraphrasing, that a man can have beliefs without them being a national issue.

Where was this tolerance when Obama sat in the church of a radical man?

Now the right....

Let's be clear, I can not stand Obamas agenda. Now to the real deal, the part THAT ACTUALLY MATTERS. Nearly two years ago my youngest daughter joined the army. I DO NOT believe that Obamas reaction to this situation is putting any of our soldiers in danger. Obama has by now solidified what people think of him be they American or not. A tempered reaction can do nothing but help in my opinion. He can most certainly lash out about the Americans killed but to be callous about such a touchy issue when we still have Americans at risk? Now to me THAT would be a deriliction of duty.

Sorry for the crappy spelling.

So you think if will save your daughter's life if Obama apologizes to enough muslims? Classic.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back