What's the real cost of gas in America?

I believe it's fine if government gets involved with alternative energy sources at the Research and Development phase but once they start picking winners and losers, investing in particular companies, then, it's pretty obvious political corruption takes over.. example Solyndra (a pay-off to political Pals..)

I say let individuals and corporations decide when a product is profitable and put it on the market.. Government is far to corrupted to make an intelligent choice...

Game, Set, match...and all for the purpose of political aim and manipulation of the people as fossil fuels are no were near running out...

Obama tells us through Jay Carney there's NOTHING he can do about high gas prices...But yesterday tells us that POND SCUM (algae) may be the wave of the future...(Might need a Scum Czar for this one)...

We Need a Pond Scum Czar

OBAMA: We're making new investments in the development of gasoline and diesel and jet fuel that's actually made from a plant-like substance, algae. You got a bunch of algae out here, right? If we can figure out how to make energy out of that, well, we'll be doing all right.

OBAMA: You can bet that, since it's an election year, they're already dusting off their three-point plan for two dollar gas. And I'll save you the suspense. Step one is to drill and step two is to drill. And then step three is to keep drilling. We heard the same line in 2007 when I was running for president. We hear the same thing every year. We've heard the same thing for 30 years. Well, the American people aren't stupid. They know that's not a plan.

:eusa_whistle:

Gas is up to $4.37 a gallon in my area of California...

I blame Obama/Democrat policies...

Of course you do.

Say, what policy of Obama makes the price of gas go up, even though there is an over-supply of oil at the moment.

Drilling would bring us more oil, true, but more than enough oil doesn't seem to be doing jack-shit to the price of oil at the moment, contrary to the laws of supply and demand.

I wonder why that is...

Say, what policy of Obama makes the price of gas go up, even though there is an over-supply of oil at the moment.

Oversupply? Is that why we still import 9 million barrels a day?

With all these czars and all the environmental regulations restricting energy production, it's just a matter of time before we all end up in one of these:

1975%20Trabant%20601.jpg

I can imagine with the new rules in CA that one day come July all those commuters are going to plug in their volts and turn on their air conditioners at once and black the state out for a week.

Libs tout electric cars, but then make it harder to produce electricity by stopping nuclear power plants, shutting down coal plants, etc.....all in the face of our national grid stretched to the max in the summer months.

So in the future you will have to choose either to plug in your car or have the lights on in your house....
And nevermind that the car you might plug in could burn down your house...:eusa_whistle:

Gas is up to $4.37 a gallon in my area of California...

I blame Obama/Democrat policies...

Of course you do.

Drilling would bring us more oil, true, but more than enough oil doesn't seem to be doing jack-shit to the price of oil at the moment, contrary to the laws of supply and demand.

I wonder why that is...

Oversupply? Is that why we still import 9 million barrels a day?
How else are we supposed to subsidize the House of Saud? :doubt:

I believe it's fine if government gets involved with alternative energy sources at the Research and Development phase but once they start picking winners and losers, investing in particular companies, then, it's pretty obvious political corruption takes over.. example Solyndra (a pay-off to political Pals..)

I say let individuals and corporations decide when a product is profitable and put it on the market.. Government is far to corrupted to make an intelligent choice...
As far as I'm concerned, the way the government has handled ethanol up to now should disqualify them from getting involved in energy R&D forevermore.

My basic belief is...the more government is limited, the far better off we are so, eh...

As far as I'm concerned, the way the government has handled ethanol up to now should disqualify them from getting involved in energy R&D forevermore.

My basic belief is...the more government is limited, the far better off we are so, eh...
Motion seconded...

Forum List

Back