What's the real cost of gas in America?

Great idea dumbfuck!

We have plenty of cars ready to run on solar power, wind power, nuclear power and even hydropower.

FYI....fossil fuels provide plenty of electricity to charge "green" cars.

You people are so fucking stupid it is amazing.

When you include the tax breaks for the oil companies, the environment damage done by fossil fuels, and the trillions we spend in the Middle East protecting the oil supply with our military, the real cost of a gallon of gas is probably closer to $15.

If we switched to alternative energy and conservation, we wouldn't have all these additional costs.

What’s The Real Cost of Gas in America? | Dylan Ratigan

windpowered-car_79pjD_24429.jpg

When you include the tax breaks for the oil companies, the environment damage done by fossil fuels, and the trillions we spend in the Middle East protecting the oil supply with our military, the real cost of a gallon of gas is probably closer to $15.

If we switched to alternative energy and conservation, we wouldn't have all these additional costs.

You said if we would only switch to alternative energy, as if it's like flipping on a light switch. This is Obama's problem as well, he thinks he can snap his fingers and turn the whole concept of energy usage around in America over night. It's not possible. Either do it slowly with market forces and concerns leading the way or do it the way the left wing in this nation wants to do it, with a government sledgehammer. The latter brings about totalitarianism. You take your pick.

Last edited:
Libs tout electric cars, but then make it harder to produce electricity by stopping nuclear power plants, shutting down coal plants, etc.....all in the face of our national grid stretched to the max in the summer months.

So in the future you will have to choose either to plug in your car or have the lights on in your house....

Who "stopped nuclear power plants" exactly?

Seems to me the Obama administration has supported them the whole time.

Even when it wasn't a very popular position to take:

Obama Administration Stands Behind Nuclear Power - WSJ.com

No one could accuse obama of not being clever. He supports nuclear power plants, but has no choice but to give in to the environmental causes that oppose them. Now he's on record of both supporting nuclear power (oil drilling, coal mining, whatever it is) and opposing it.

You said if we would only switch to alternative energy, as if it's like flipping on a light switch. This is Obama's problem as well, he thinks he can snap his fingers and turn the whole concept of energy usage around in America over night. It's not possible. Either do it slowly with market forces and concerns leading the way or do it the way the left wing in this nation wants to do it, with a government sledgehammer. The latter brings about totalitarianism. You take your pick.

His announcement that we shouldn't worry because we will get all our energy from algae tells you all you need to know.

Libs tout electric cars, but then make it harder to produce electricity by stopping nuclear power plants, shutting down coal plants, etc.....all in the face of our national grid stretched to the max in the summer months.

So in the future you will have to choose either to plug in your car or have the lights on in your house....

Who "stopped nuclear power plants" exactly?

Seems to me the Obama administration has supported them the whole time.

Even when it wasn't a very popular position to take:

Obama Administration Stands Behind Nuclear Power - WSJ.com

No one could accuse obama of not being clever. He supports nuclear power plants, but has no choice but to give in to the environmental causes that oppose them. Now he's on record of both supporting nuclear power (oil drilling, coal mining, whatever it is) and opposing it.

In other words.....
The typical lefty talking out of both sides of his ass.

It gets sold "overseas" (mainly to Canada and Mexico) because the demand is higher and they can charge more per unit in those countries than in this one. Demand here is lower due to the recession, more fuel efficient vehicles and the ethanol mandate, among other things.

The advantage to drilling domestically is the ability to have more control over our source of oil and therefore the price of gasoline's raw material. As it stands now, we buy about half of our oil from OPEC (i.e., Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Hugo Chavez and the House of Saud, among others), so they basically control the price of half of the oil we buy.
are you saying that we are charged less than the going price of oil from OPEC by theoil and gas companies here, if it comes for here? I thought it was a global market and priced according to the global market?

and are you saying our gvt can make the oil and gas companies keep the products they produce here in the usa if it is drawn and produced here in the usa?

I guess I do not understand your comment on this because my understanding is that usa oil and gas companies can sell their product to whomever they choose and if it is china or Denmark that gives them the higher price for the fuel, they were obligated to their shareholders to get the higher price and not keep their products drawn from here, here.
The oil and gas companies will buy from whoever can offer it to them at the lowest price. If the domestic producers can undercut OPEC (which they ought to be able to do), than that will naturally drive down the cost of crude. Domestic drilling also has a natural advantage because the cost of transportation is much lower. Additionally, it puts money in the pocket of everyday people via royalties, rentals, signing bonuses, etc. The major effect needed for gasoline prices to lower is for the economy to come back to life, which can be done by making crude oil cheaper. Once the economy turns around, gasoline consumption goes up, making it cost effective to sell here because they will make more money due to volume sold instead of price per unit.

I'm not suggesting that the government force anyone to do anything. Quite the opposite.
Why would the domestic producers undercut what they could get by selling it to someone else overseas? there is no law that would force them to do that and they won't do that....unless gvt forces them to do that.... they are obligated to the share holders to get the most they can for their products....

Obama-Bot translation: High Gas Prices under DA BOOOOSH = Definitely all his fault! High Gas Prices under Dear Leader = Definitely not his fault! Nutter bots be craaazy huh?

are you saying that we are charged less than the going price of oil from OPEC by theoil and gas companies here, if it comes for here? I thought it was a global market and priced according to the global market?

and are you saying our gvt can make the oil and gas companies keep the products they produce here in the usa if it is drawn and produced here in the usa?

I guess I do not understand your comment on this because my understanding is that usa oil and gas companies can sell their product to whomever they choose and if it is china or Denmark that gives them the higher price for the fuel, they were obligated to their shareholders to get the higher price and not keep their products drawn from here, here.
The oil and gas companies will buy from whoever can offer it to them at the lowest price. If the domestic producers can undercut OPEC (which they ought to be able to do), than that will naturally drive down the cost of crude. Domestic drilling also has a natural advantage because the cost of transportation is much lower. Additionally, it puts money in the pocket of everyday people via royalties, rentals, signing bonuses, etc. The major effect needed for gasoline prices to lower is for the economy to come back to life, which can be done by making crude oil cheaper. Once the economy turns around, gasoline consumption goes up, making it cost effective to sell here because they will make more money due to volume sold instead of price per unit.

I'm not suggesting that the government force anyone to do anything. Quite the opposite.
Why would the domestic producers undercut what they could get by selling it to someone else overseas? there is no law that would force them to do that and they won't do that....unless gvt forces them to do that.... they are obligated to the share holders to get the most they can for their products....
The cost of transporting oil makes it too expensive for other markets outside of North America to buy our oil. It will always be cheaper for Europe and Asia to buy from the Mideast because they can move the oil via pipeline.

The reason prices are high on commodities is because the Federal Reserve in coordination with other central banks are flooding the global markets with liquidity to protect the western banking cartel from taking their losses in the credit markets. Which allow countries to continue to deficit spend and kick the can so the ponzi can continue.

And both Rs and Ds are responsible...

The cost of transporting oil makes it too expensive for other markets outside of North America to buy our oil. It will always be cheaper for Europe and Asia to buy from the Mideast because they can move the oil via pipeline.
then why is refined gas our biggest export while we still buy it from overseas and not all of it from those domestic refineries?

then why is refined gas our biggest export while we still buy it from overseas and not all of it from those domestic refineries?
We're selling it to Canada and Mexico. It's not that expensive to move it there.

So the mining of the materials for, and the manufacture of, the batteries in electric cars doesn't do any damage to the environment, right Chris?

Oh, and I bet you think there is an environmentally safe way to dispose of them when their useful life is over, don't you?

Just like CFL's when they are dropped...:eusa_whistle:
those things will be history soon.....or at least the version with Mercury in them.....i was told this by a Manufacturer in Mass. when i was inquiring about a certain type of Bulb they make.....he said in about 5 years time LED's will be just about everywhere,it will start with the outdoor lighting then in a few more years move inside.....as they find ways to make them burn at a lower temp. they will get cheaper and much more reliable and last Quite a while.....

We're selling it to Canada and Mexico. It's not that expensive to move it there.

trust me...they are selling to Canada and Mexico because Canada and Mexico are paying more than they can get from us....they are obligated to get the best price, not obligated to sell it to the USA first....and that's my point.

I can imagine with the new rules in CA that one day come July all those commuters are going to plug in their volts and turn on their air conditioners at once and black the state out for a week.

Ca. has some new rules?.....with all the rules they already have.....who is going to notice them?...one thing i will say about my State.....California does not need the EPA....this States version of it is much more strict and comprehensive.....

trust me...they are selling to Canada and Mexico because Canada and Mexico are paying more than they can get from us....they are obligated to get the best price, not obligated to sell it to the USA first....and that's my point.
Um ... I already said that.

:eusa_eh:

Chris and johnusa- separated at birth?

They both create threads ad nauseum but never participate.

Chris - pony up dude.

yea Chris does......he will come in at the halfway mark and say....."Republicans are racist,that is their core value".....and then leave.....

oh, ya did? then are we agreeing that more domestic production of oil and gas in the USA will not necessarily lower our heating oil and gasoline prices, due to the nature of the global oil market and the obligation of these corporations to make the most money possible for their share holders?

oh, ya did? then are we agreeing that more domestic production of oil and gas in the USA will not necessarily lower our heating oil and gasoline prices, due to the nature of the global oil market and the obligation of these corporations to make the most money possible for their share holders?
No. Reread my posts.

So, none of you right-wing talking-point spouters has a reason why the law of supply of demand seems to have become meaningless?

Yeah, I think you all know quite well. But go ahead, keep trying to blame it on the President. Because that's just so likely.

back in the latter days of Bush there were Liberals here blaming him and his people for high gas prices too......when your in the Center chair all eyes are on you.....whether your responsible or not.....that person in that chair....seems to get all the heat....just the way it is....

Forum List

Back