What’s the Point?

The experiences of being alive are much broader than you describe. I believe it is your world view that limits you, that traps you
I am sure that’s part of it, but I was dealt a rotten hand (or face) from a time shortly after conception on. I’m sure I don’t help myself much but when you start life deep in the hole, it doesn’t always make much of a difference.

I am sure that’s part of it, but I was dealt a rotten hand (or face) from a time shortly after conception on. I’m sure I don’t help myself much but when you start life deep in the hole, it doesn’t always make much of a difference.
Ever hear of Treacher Collins syndrome (more common than many believe).?

For the fragile who are intellectually and emotionally challenged, for sure. Some people actually learn from disappointments. Some people handle tragic events like others handle mere disappointments
My responses to disappointments and failure are rarely even moderated. Most of the time they are angry, violent and destructive.
Life's experiences are powerful when viewed as what they are -- examples of what it means to be alive
Then maybe I was never really meant to be alive, because I’ve never been interested in dealing with many of those events.

What is the point in continuing a life that has been nothing more than 49+ years of disappointment, failure, rejection and general discouragement in every facet of that life?
You seem to have wasted 9 1/2 years of your miserable life here. You'll never get that back, but you can start spending your time elsewhere.

You seem to have wasted 9 1/2 years of your miserable life here. You'll never get that back, but you can start spending your time elsewhere
This is just the latest of a host of places I’ve used to vent over te years. I’m banished from the others for any of a number of reasons as I probably will be here some day.

As someone who actively HATES 95%+ of the human population, there aren’t many places for me to go.

As someone who actively HATES 95%+ of the human population, there aren’t many places for me to go.

This is a GREAT place to hate on all humanity ... you certainly ain't no racist ... that's a good thing ...

Remember how treacherous old people were to you? ... well ... it's your turn now ... you're smarter and wiser than young people, take advantage ... young people know that by hitting you, they take a chance on murdering you ... that's life in prison ... so they won't ... ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ...

Just because you had a rough life doesn't mean you can't ruin someone else's life ... it takes practice, but we old folk can twist young people up in knots ... fun as anything ... no matter how bad life gets, I was always able to find someone younger than me to shit on ...

Focus on what you do have instead of what you don't. Focus on what is good in your life and not the bad. Focus on the wins and not the losses. It is a lesson I had to learn myself. As my granny would say, count your blessings. 🙂

The age of the Soul and the age of the body don’t always line up directly.

I know my purpose. I have since I was a child. My purpose is to suffer, one way or another, throughout this entire, miserable life.

There is no help for me, because I don’t see myself as the problem. It’s been tried many times before.

Don’t worry, I’m not eating a bullet or anything like that. That would be too easy of an out for the Universe to allow
I suspect that you do feel pain. I also suspect that you’re mistaken about the purpose of life: life in general and your life in particular.

Meanwhile, sorry you’ve been going through so much shit.

Remember how treacherous old people were to you? ... well ... it's your turn now ... you're smarter and wiser than young people, take advantage ... young people know that by hitting you, they take a chance on murdering you ... that's life in prison ... so they won't
I used to like older folks. I’m not THAT old yet (49) so that doesn’t work. Besides, I generally try to avoid people. Makes life moderately easier.
Focus on what you do have instead of what you don't. Focus on what is good in your life and not the bad
That would take about three and a half seconds.

I used to like older folks. I’m not THAT old yet (49) so that doesn’t work. Besides, I generally try to avoid people. Makes life moderately easier.

I started when I was 35 ... by 49 I was playing 20-somethings like a yo-yo ... people generally try to avoid me ...

The secret is to never be cruel ... no matter the prank, have a life lesson in hand for the young person ... perhaps being older and wiser will make you feel better about being older and wiser ...

Forum List

Back