What’s the Point?

This is just the latest of a host of places I’ve used to vent over te years. I’m banished from the others for any of a number of reasons as I probably will be here some day.

As someone who actively HATES 95%+ of the human population, there aren’t many places for me to go.
Maybe consider learning to interact exclusively with AI when on line?

There's you're problem ... the only NFL game this week is being played tomorrow ...
I will always be a follower/fan of the Washington NFL Franchise and I will always HATE Philadelphia, Dallas, the Giants and Patriots. As you can see that makes it a very bad start to the NFL day for me.

But you can avoid human interaction
I do, in person. I go quite a distance out of my way to avoid dealing with any more human beings in person as possible. Thankfully places like this have “ignore” functions, which I use quite liberally. At one point on another site I had more than 400 users on Ignore.

If you can live without humans around you then you can still learn to be happy with your life, at least to a level of happiness where you no longer question whether or not life is worth living.
394208235_301469642691997_152659850510702008_n.jpg

Don’t worry, I’m not eating a bullet or anything like that. That would be too easy of an out for the Universe to allow
First, we all are glad that you are not "taking a bullet."

Second, I am 86.

Third, the only two people I have truly loved passed away before they or I could have imagined it.

Fourth, today could easily be my last day on earth. (A stroke? An accident? A victim of violence?)

Fifth, each morning I call my elder lawyer's office at about 5 A.M. and leave a recorded message that I have woken up on another day. (If they do not hear from me, they are supposed to send someone to my home to see whether I am still alive.)

If you can live without humans around you then you can still learn to be happy with your life, at least to a level of happiness where you no longer question whether or not life is worth living
My problem is that due to medical issues I CANNOT completely abandon society and move to the middle of nowhere. If I could, I probably would have a week after I graduated from high school.

What is the point in continuing a life that has been nothing more than 49+ years of disappointment, failure, rejection and general discouragement in every facet of that life?
You’re only 49?

Jeez, we’re almost the same age.

40’s is not old in this day and age…..

I do, in person. I go quite a distance out of my way to avoid dealing with any more human beings in person as possible. Thankfully places like this have “ignore” functions, which I use quite liberally. At one point on another site I had more than 400 users on Ignore.
Then why are you here?

Then why are you here?
I generally find it more useful to yell and scream through the screen than my other (far more violent and less appealing means of stress relief). I had to replace a $900 television last night because I got a little too upset at some sports results.

I think it's important to remember what you've been thru, what you've accomplished, and the odds you have already beaten in life. Start focusing on your accomplishments. My start in life was about as dysfunctional as it can get, and I'm not gonna talk about it, but I learned early to accentuate that which is positive, and eliminate that which is negative.

Why here on usmb, why here on Earth
Here in USMB… because it’s a far safer alternative than letting my anger, rage, hatred and frustration out in the real world… which I did on Sunday to the tune of needing to replace a $950 television set, an interior door and patch two holes in a wall.

Here on Earth… to endure the shitty life that has been laid out for me by the powers of the Universe to the best of my ability until they decide it’s my time to die.

I think it's important to remember what you've been thru, what you've accomplished, and the odds you have already beaten in life. Start focusing on your accomplishments
There are no accomplishments. None of any significant value, anyway.

Forum List

Back