American Young and Old Loneliness and Suicide Rates

whoisit

Gold Member
Jul 19, 2016
The AI and Tech world is just another symptom of how much our society New Age culture has failed us.

This song really hits home with my family, don't forget the ones who play online games or social media too much.
My best friend's 48 yr old son killed himself with a gun a couple years ago, then March of this year our 26 YO grandson killed himself with a gun also.
I'm not looking for pity, just hoping this doesn't happen to anyone else, and no one else has to go thru this tragic pain.
I hope this changed me for the better as to where I judge less and more understanding of all people.
We think we witnessed a small miracle at his service. A wild white dove just flew up and landed on his brothers hand outside funeral home.

The AI and Tech world is just another symptom of how much our society New Age culture has failed us.

This song really hits home with my family, don't forget the ones who play online games or social media too much.
My best friend's 48 yr old son killed himself with a gun a couple years ago, then March of this year our 26 YO grandson killed himself with a gun also.
I'm not looking for pity, just hoping this doesn't happen to anyone else, and no one else has to go thru this tragic pain.
I hope this changed me for the better as to where I judge less and more understanding of all people.
We think we witnessed a small miracle at his service. A wild white dove just flew up and landed on his brothers hand outside funeral home.

Forget about the magic silly white dove stuff. You're introducing a topic that is long overdue on this board.

Do you want to discuss the reasons why Americans are killing themselves in ever increasing numbers.

Let's begin by understanding that religions and their superstitious beliefs have nothing to do with it.

I can tell you that people have massive expectations and love/relationships are just a transaction. This is why I tried to remain loyal to my wife even after all of the extensive abuse I suffered from her. People need to be able to communicate and connect spiritually not discard people when "something better comes along" , or, untl the find their plastic perfect mate, it doesn't exist. True people of Faith find a.way until they can't anymore. I can assure you that Canadians are lonely too and we are losing on the world stage so it is going to get worse as the Security Industrial Complex continues to spread their misery.

Last edited:
On the gamer online boards he was known as 'The One', 'The Beast' and wone lots of money playing video games.
My son checked his computer and noticed his last post was asking his game playing members, 'if anyone there could help him with his loneliness. Of course, I don't remember exact words, but something like this.

For those with teenagers:

I went to visit a college with one of my children who was about to graduate from high school.

A college administrator said college students drop out for mainly three reasons:
Addiction to alcohol.
Addiction to drugs.
Addiction to video games.

Forget about the magic silly white dove stuff. You're introducing a topic that is long overdue on this board.

Do you want to discuss the reasons why Americans are killing themselves in ever increasing numbers.

Let's begin by understanding that religions and their superstitious beliefs have nothing to do with it.

I agree about being more aware of the problem and understanding. It was just unusual for a wild bird to land on persons hand ,his brother took it really hard and he is the one the bird landed on, it was ironic to say the least.

I can tell you that people have massive expectations and love/relationships are just a transaction. This is why I tried to remain loyal to my wife even after all of thp ee extensive abuse I suffered from. People need to be able to communicate and connect spiritually not discard people when "something better comes along" , or, untl the find their plastic perfect mate, it doesn't exist. True people of Faith find a.way until they can't anymore. I can assure you that Canadians are lonely too and we are losing on the world stage so it is going to get worse as the Security Industrial Complex continues to spread their misery.
OH! Here we go with the off-topic nonsense of trying to make this topic into another of your personal mental problems!

I can tell you that people have massive expectations and love/relationships are just a transaction. This is why I tried to remain loyal to my wife even after all of thp ee extensive abuse I suffered from. People need to be able to communicate and connect spiritually not discard people when "something better comes along" , or, untl the find their plastic perfect mate, it doesn't exist. True people of Faith find a.way until they can't anymore. I can assure you that Canadians are lonely too and we are losing on the world stage so it is going to get worse as the Security Industrial Complex continues to spread their misery.

This is true we do have a propblem with communication.

People need purpose, G-d and love. In Canada they took two of three from me and their efrorts are designed to take all three due to despair. May the cowards who do this to others face judgement.

I went to visit a college with one of my children who was about to graduate from high school.

A college administrator said college students drop out for mainly three reasons:
Addiction to alcohol.
Addiction to drugs.
Enlightening!
America's young people have nothing to strive for that offers a better life than drugs, video games, and allcohol.

It used to be that they could look forward to the day they entered the military and found something worthwhile in life by turning to military solutions.

Addiction to alcohol.
Addiction to drugs.

In China they have institutions for young gamer addicts, there is such a problem with it, some actually starve to death or succumb to dehydration, they actually forget to eat and drink.

People need purpose, G-d and love. In Canada they took two of three from me and their efrorts are designed to take all three due to despair. May the cowards who do this to others face judgement.
We can talk about your personal mental issues or we can stick to the topic.

I'll wait it out to see which way you lead the discussion.

I hope you fight this by allowing others to help you win. All people aren't non caring, most are just unaware.

Back when I had more free time, I used to volunteer. It really makes you feel good about yourself.
679121c71ea0f4633a07d3c4af7fb541--volunteer-quotes-volunteer-ideas.jpg

We can talk about your personal mental issues or we can stick to the topic.

I'll wait it out to see which way you lead the discussion.
Your methods fall on deaf ears, Americans know your methods comrade. Nothing like multiple names of undercovers I was not supposed to know of to undermine the disonest covert police efforts. They are known now...extensively...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back