What's the Point of Charities?

CarlinAnnArbor

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2016
Heard an official from Quicken Loans mention that they've given over $200,000,000 to Detroit charities.

Detroit has a population of only 750,000. Even if those Detroit charities served all of Michigan, Michigan has a population of 10 million (including children).

That's $20 million $20 for every man, woman and child in Michigan.

So how did they squander $200 million?!

Last edited:
Heard an official from Quicken Loans mention that they've given over $200,000,000 to Detroit charities.

Detroit has a population of only 750,000. Even if those Detroit charities served all of Michigan, Michigan has a population of 10 million (including children).

That's $20 million for every man, woman and child in Michigan.

$200 million divided by 10 million is $20 each.

That's $20 million for every man, woman and child in Michigan.

$200 million divided by 10 million is $20 each.
Damn! Its early. That's my excuse.

Ok, I want to be one of the 10.

Money is needed for so many different things and then of course each of the needed things can cost anything and then you have to multiply all of that by however many people need the stuff. It all adds up one way or another.

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly

What is sad, is that most people who need charity are those that have learned to game the system. They whine and moan how the liberals have victimized them because they are poor, they are black, they are women, they are men with titties, they are screwed up in the brain and have no clue their sexual orientation. So they sit there in their basements stewing what they can do to even the score, but also, end up on some street corner a with sign saying how bad their lives are, while wearing $200 Nikes. For those really in need, like Fisher House or Wounded Warriors, I have no problem giving, I know where my money goes, but most others, have admin fees so 10 cents on the dollar end up where it is in need.

About

Forum List

Back