What's the difference between public school and welfare

Ok, simply or complicated, why don't the U.S. public schools educate all children? Is that not their mission?

We do. That's the point. Many countries do not include and equally value the education of ALL students, including those with learning or other physical or mental disabilities. Most countries do not find themselves educating anywhere near as many students who are not native speakers of the dominant language of the country in question. To name just a few factors.

We do. That's the point. Many countries do not include and equally value the education of ALL students, including those with learning or other physical or mental disabilities. Most countries do not find themselves educating anywhere near as many students who are not native speakers of the dominant language of the country in question. To name just a few factors.
Yet our public schools are obsessively focused on standardized testing to the severe detriment of children with learning disabilities, children who are English as a second language learners and children who are low income.

Those kids commonly lose electives, are forced into after school tutoring and/or summer school, and held back grades, which is strongly correlated with dropping out. All as a punishment for low scores on standardized tests, no matter how hard they work.

Public school in the US is broken badly. If you want to keep it, you need to come up with some fixes and fast.

Sooner or later, no matter how loudly Weingarten shrieks, a real voucher program will be passed somewhere and when it works far bettervthsn the compulsary system voters everywhere will demand it.

The public school system does work very well in other modern countries. It's still welfare, subject to go bad at any time with no free market to make natural corrections.

Why do other countries consistently beat American kids who attend liberal-dominated schools at standardized testing?

Education is vitally necessary. It is not vital that it be provided by the state, when the state demonstrates that it sucks at it.
Other countries do not have the minority population found in the US and a large immigrant population. I hope that clears things up for you!

Proof of this is because our best students score the same as their best students.

The answer,of course, is no.

We have many workers being taken advantage of because they are functionally illiterate to the point that they cannot read their own public school diplomas. We have consumers being taken advantage of because they learned gender equity instead of math in public schools.

There are some students that cannot read their own diploma,, but that number is exaggerated by people like you who are too lazy to see the problem as it truly is.

The answer,of course, is no.

We have many workers being taken advantage of because they are functionally illiterate to the point that they cannot read their own public school diplomas. We have consumers being taken advantage of because they learned gender equity instead of math in public schools.

Another exaggeration bordering on an outright lie?

There are some students that cannot read their own diploma,, but that number is exaggerated by people like you who are too lazy to see the problem as it truly is.
Please tell me what the problem truly is. I have a couple of decades as a Special Education teacher and leader in low-income public schools, but I would love to learn from you.

Other countries do not have the minority population found in the US and a large immigrant population. I hope that clears things up for you!

Proof of this is because our best students score the same as their best students.
Asian immigrants push standardized scores up. So much so, that they are discriminated by Ivey leagues schools because those schools fear being over-whelmingly Asian.

Which immigrants and minorities do you believe push down our test scores?

Do consumers benefit by not learning math in school, because time is dedicated to gender equity issues?
That's the lie part. In my schools, students are required to take math classes up through Algebra II. I'll bet your school district has similar requirements. I have never seen a course in gender equity. You exaggerate.

Asian immigrants push standardized scores up. So much so, that they are discriminated by Ivey leagues schools because those schools fear being over-whelmingly Asian.

Which immigrants and minorities do you believe push down our test scores?
Black and Hispanics. They make up over 90% of our minorities, but you knew that, didn't you

BTW, there is no 'e" in Ivy League schools.

That's the lie part. In my schools, students are required to take math classes up through Algebra II. I'll bet your school district has similar requirements. I have never seen a course in gender equity. You exaggerate.
If students are not learning math well enough to avoid being taken advantage of by creditors and employers, that should be a huge priority. We should be hearing nothing from elementary and educators about gender equity, critical race theory, or sexual orientation until our kids can understand simple and compound interest.

Black and Hispanics. They make up over 90% of our minorities, but you knew that, didn't you

BTW, there is no 'e" in Ivy League schools.
Thanks for the correction. Public school graduate, here.

So, why do you think Blacks and Hispanics are the reason that our test scores are so low? Why would they be pulling them down and Asians raising them up?

Yet our public schools are obsessively focused on standardized testing to the severe detriment of children with learning disabilities, children who are English as a second language learners and children who are low income.

Those kids commonly lose electives, are forced into after school tutoring and/or summer school, and held back grades, which is strongly correlated with dropping out. All as a punishment for low scores on standardized tests, no matter how hard they work.

Public school in the US is broken badly. If you want to keep it, you need to come up with some fixes and fast.

Sooner or later, no matter how loudly Weingarten shrieks, a real voucher program will be passed somewhere and when it works far bettervthsn the compulsary system voters everywhere will demand it.
Florida had a "real" voucher program, so did Cleveland and Wisconsin. All three were abject failures.
I also suggest proofreading on your part.

If students are not learning math well enough to avoid being taken advantage of by creditors and employers, that should be a huge priority. We should be hearing nothing from elementary and educators about gender equity, critical race theory, or sexual orientation until our kids can understand simple and compound interest.

Thanks for the correction. Public school graduate, here.

So, why do you think Blacks and Hispanics are the reason that our test scores are so low? Why would they be pulling them down and Asians raising them up?
Oh, come on! You know the answer is cultural.

Your excuse is dismissed with extreme prejudice. I am a public school graduate, attended a public undergraduate school, and a public graduate school.

And what is failing it/us now...it made us great when academics were emphasized in the curriculum, now it is being hacked apart by a left wing "social education"! [one that requires a certain amount of birthdays to be accumulated to earn a diploma]
Such a Drama Queen

Our public education system is just fine except in Red States where they try to get by on the cheap

Florida had a "real" voucher program, so did Cleveland and Wisconsin. All three were abject failures.
I also suggest proofreading on your part.
I am a teacher by trade and a poker player by avocation. So when I think "Ivy," I think about Phil Ivey. I could have re-read it ten times and made the same mistake. Have we sufficiently dwelt on my spelling error, or do you have more?

Please link me to one of these voucher programs you consider both real and abject failures. If you're right, I'll admit it.

Oh, come on! You know the answer is cultural.
I don't know that. I attribute it to poorer infant nutrition among poorer people who are disproportionately Black and Hispanic.

How does culture explain the differences in IQ's among the races? Poor nutrition is a much better explanation.

Forum List

Back