What's the capital of Israel?

seems like to me that, before israel became a state, we didn't really have any enemies in the mideast and the only "terrorists" (i don't like that word) as you call them, were blowing up the british army headquarters in a hotel in al quds. i believe it was that same group that blew up the SS Patria, a refugee boat boat filled with jews, their own people, in jaffa harbour.

now, if you are concerned about allies, we would have plenty more if we dropped israel like a hot potato. i bet the "terrorist" label would be on the other foot too.

Wrapped in the wind and folded neatly into absurdity...Israel will NEVER give back any portion of Jerusalem and to think that your either stoned, stupid or both...I'm going with both...Your terrorist friends in the Gaza Strip and the West Bank don't care about land, all they want is blood. They don't want a portion of Israel, they want it all.
You live in a fantasy world where if we drop Israel, all our troubles are over. We put a Muslim in the White House and they still try and come after us. You need to wake up and smell what your shoveling

i think you're getting overheated, bud. just breathe deeply and you'll be ok.

i heard obama was a full blood cherokee indian from down ol' texas way...and oklahoma...or maybe that's bob wills.

whatev, OG. just shoot low sheriff, i think she might be riding a shetland.

West Jerusalem is part of Israel- The rest is not recognized as theirs by the world. Old Jerusalem (0.35 sq. miles) is holy to 3 Religions. If you want this mess to last forever, give in to Israel RWers.

I suggest buying them all off, give E.J. to the Palestinians, etc, and make Old Jerusalem into a theme park run by Laplanders...

This tiny part of the world should not be allowed to wreck the rest of it any longer..

Sorry but muslims have Riyad and Mecca, we'll take Jeresalem, it was the Jews for only thousands of years.....

if i steal a hundred dollars out of your pocket and then, for whatever reason, i decide to return it, that doesn't count as me giving you a hundred dollars.

How did they steal land, Israel was attacked by 6 arab countries, kicked their ass and kept some of the land. DONT fuck with them or they get to keep the treasure.....

civilians fleeing a war zone have a right to return when the hostilities cease. those are the rules...and they make sense.

#139-Just the kind of "humble", chickenhawk Pub policy that got us Raygun's pal Saddam, Lebanon Marines, Alqaeda, 9/11, Afghan, Iraq. Iraq again, Afghan, Afghan again Yemen Somalia etc etc etc.

Last edited:
if i steal a hundred dollars out of your pocket and then, for whatever reason, i decide to return it, that doesn't count as me giving you a hundred dollars.

How did they steal land, Israel was attacked by 6 arab countries, kicked their ass and kept some of the land. DONT fuck with them or they get to keep the treasure.....

civilians fleeing a war zone have a right to return when the hostilities cease. those are the rules...and they make sense.

so you think mexico should have a right of return to texas and california?

West Jerusalem is part of Israel- The rest is not recognized as theirs by the world. Old Jerusalem (0.35 sq. miles) is holy to 3 Religions. If you want this mess to last forever, give in to Israel RWers.

I suggest buying them all off, give E.J. to the Palestinians, etc, and make Old Jerusalem into a theme park run by Laplanders...

This tiny part of the world should not be allowed to wreck the rest of it any longer..

so tell the anti-semitic, terrorist supporting trash to stop questioning israel's sovereignty.

So the white house press guy doesn't want to answer completely pointless questions meant to disrupt a news conference? I don't blame him for ignoring the useless loudmouth twits in regards to their pointless question that seems to be way out of context. There comes a certain point when the person in the front just has to ignore the rabble and let them make the stupid assumptions they wish.

If only they ignored disruptive twats more often we might get something done.

Oh, and the only people who admitted to not knowing the capital was the woman who was playing a game and the loud guy next to her. If it was geography class and the teacher ignored the question there might be a point, but this is a damned white house press conference, and not a college class. Go back to your office and google it, don't waste the white houses time asking them for geography lessons.

She didn't say she didn't know what the capital was, dimwit. She said she didn't know what the White House's "position" on the capital of Israel was. Hell, I didn't even know the White House HAD a "position" on the subject. Silly me, I thought the capitals of nations were a simple matter of public record, not something to have a "position" on.

And frankly, I think the fact that the White House has a "position" on such a thing IS news. It certainly was news to ME.

What's he trying to hide?

He's avoiding a set-up that would inflame the ME debate. The questioner knew full well that the Palestinians never accepted Israel's unilateral move. Of course, if they gave up E.Jerusalem, that could solve a big problem. Israel, for one, wouldn't have to administer a largely Palestinian area.

Well in 2008, candidate Obama, vigorously proclaimed Jerusalem the capital.

He's avoiding a set-up that would inflame the ME debate. The questioner knew full well that the Palestinians never accepted Israel's unilateral move. Of course, if they gave up E.Jerusalem, that could solve a big problem. Israel, for one, wouldn't have to administer a largely Palestinian area.

yeah. i thought that was weird. i couldn't believe he said that.

that whole place, the mideast, israel/palestine is a mess and no one seems to know what to do about it. ir they are afraid to for fear of alienating voters.

it ain't gonna change under romney either.

get real. i'm not real keen on "ex post facto"ing things, particularly when they go back that far AND there is specific language regarding refugees.

and that does not mean that i think that the U.S.Invasion was right. it wasn't.

i don't think we can take today's laws and impose them on events that happened 100 or 200 or 2000 years ago, nor can we judge ancient societies with our value systems. i also do not think we can judge current societies different from ours using our value systems, and certainly not without trying to understand those societies and perhaps trying to educate them to something that might be better.

i try to understand things. i don't judge the hasidim in jerusalem by my western standards, for instance, as the way they live probably has some rhyme or reason in their past, but i do not think their archaic laws should interfere with others who aren't hasidic.

so you think might makes right and people displaced or deprived by hostilities should have no recourse to remedy their grievances? i know you don't think that, because you are jewish and you think that reparations paid to the jewish people by the NAZI german (and other) state(s) is right, and so do i.

here is what i think too. i think arabs are syrians and jordanians and palestiniaans and iraqis and saudis and etc shouldn't all be grouped into arabs. i make a distinction between israelis and jews.

now, perhaps you can give me some specific incidences of how the palestinins wronged the israelis during this '48 war, not that it makes a difference, noncombatants fleeing a war zone have a right to return.

here ya go...

Abbas slams Obama for saying Jerusalem to stay Israel's undivided capital
After Obama speech to AIPAC, Abbas says Palestinians won't accept state without capital in Jerusalem.
By Haaretz Service and News Agencies | Jun.04, 2008 | 12:00 AM

"Let me be clear," Obama said, "Israel's security is sacrosanct. It is non-negotiable. The Palestinians need a state that is contiguous and cohesive and that allows them to prosper. But any agreement with the Palestinian people must preserve Israel's identity as a Jewish state, with secure, recognized and defensible borders. Jerusalem will remain the capital of Israel, and it must remain undivided," he added, in efforts to secure the Jewish vote.

but also...

State Department spokesman Sean McCormack also distanced the U.S. government from Obama's remarks, saying any final decisions on the toughest issues in the peace talks were for Israel and the Palestinians to make on their own.

"It is for the parties to resolve these issues. And we are going to continue to do what we believe is right in terms of... helping to bring about peace, without respect to presidential politics," McCormack said.

Abbas slams Obama for saying Jerusalem to stay Israel's undivided capital - Israel News | Haaretz Daily Newspaper

i don't like romney at all but the truth is the truth.

i don't have any idea what people want to make of this...lol..well, maybe i do, but the fact of the matter is that there has to be some continuity from administration to administration, and particularly within the state department. sean McCormack's career with the state department began in 1999 and he served almost entirely under prez george deuce.

what it means is that being president is a helluva lot different from being a candidate for president and that romney can say all kinds of things now and get away with the "OOPSIE"s lster.

and if anyone thinks i am shilling for obama, think again. i am not real fond of him at the moment either.

but none of this changes anything. the woman asked an improper question that she knew the answer to and jay carney handled it entirely appropriately. people are turning this molehill into a mountain.

and a note. at the time of the statement, al quds/jerusalem was divided, and more securely than it is today.

One always has to remember that to a liberal "House of David" is just a fashionista title and is located somewhere in Paris next to House of Chanel.

:lol:

get real. i'm not real keen on "ex post facto"ing things, particularly when they go back that far AND there is specific language regarding refugees.

and that does not mean that i think that the U.S.Invasion was right. it wasn't.

i don't think we can take today's laws and impose them on events that happened 100 or 200 or 2000 years ago, nor can we judge ancient societies with our value systems. i also do not think we can judge current societies different from ours using our value systems, and certainly not without trying to understand those societies and perhaps trying to educate them to something that might be better.

i try to understand things. i don't judge the hasidim in jerusalem by my western standards, for instance, as the way they live probably has some rhyme or reason in their past, but i do not think their archaic laws should interfere with others who aren't hasidic.

so you think might makes right and people displaced or deprived by hostilities should have no recourse to remedy their grievances? i know you don't think that, because you are jewish and you think that reparations paid to the jewish people by the NAZI german (and other) state(s) is right, and so do i.

here is what i think too. i think arabs are syrians and jordanians and palestiniaans and iraqis and saudis and etc shouldn't all be grouped into arabs. i make a distinction between israelis and jews.

now, perhaps you can give me some specific incidences of how the palestinins wronged the israelis during this '48 war, not that it makes a difference, noncombatants fleeing a war zone have a right to return.

Wait a second I've never heard a liberal say this, everyone from the past is barbaric and horrible, is all I ever hear......I agree with the statement, somehow I dont think you really believe this.

Only been the capital of Israel for nearly 3000 years.

Is that right?

So Israel wasn't created in 1949 after they invaded Palestine, and terrorized its residents since , 1925 ?!?!?!?!!?

So Israel wasn't created when David Ben-Gurion "donated" 2.5 millions to the Truman presidential campaign?

No, it wasn't. Ask any archeologist if you don't believe me.

So in other words, you found no evidence for your bullshit claim.

Forum List

Back