What's the capital of Israel?

the palestinians have legal refugee status as the law is written and thus, are entitled to any and all considerayions given to refugees. does thaat clear it up for you.

they are refugees. they do not have the means to legally seek reparations.

the arab peace initiative was endorsed by the arab league which includes all the arab states acting in condert. in such instances i have no problem referring to them as arabs.

as for ex post facto. jillian was talking about something that happened over 150 years ago. if ex post facto addresses some very grievous wrong or an ongoing wrong, while i don't like it, it may be the only way to achieve justice. it really isn't all that clear now legally, is it?

look...i am not going to follow the paper trail for you into some bizarre abyss of minutiae. read UDHR, i think article 13 or 14, i don't recall right off hand. it was written with WWII in mind i am sure...in late '48 i am pretty sure.

and why don't you show me where "specifically said you don't support ex post facto application of modern laws," is. what i said was in the context of a war that the US waged against mexico 160) years ago. then i said i am not to keen on ex post facto, and i am not.

what the hell do you think should be dome with the refugees. that is sort of a rhetorical question but i would like to hear your answer. yes, i will slip and slide a little bit on a case by case basis, but i have a feelig you are gonna slip and slide a lot.

and yes, i do think there should be a kurdistan.

What law are you referring to? Have you read my signature? What makes you think I care about laws other people wrote if I didn't have a part in writing them?

You just contradicted yourself, if they are legally refugees, and thus entitled to the legal considerations of refugees, how can they not be entitled to those considerations because they are refugees?

You admit you said you don't support ex post facto, yet you want me to show you where you said it? Remember when I commented about the logical inconsistencies of your arguments?

I already explained what I think should be done, weren't you paying attention?

I approve this message.....

To add International law is not real law it's an agreement among nations, Kind of like a courtesy, but it's not that serious. Sure you'll piss folks off by breaking it, but hell Iraq broke it several times and liberals didnt care.

OK...and geneva and the hague to not exist and there is no reason at all why many high ranking israeli defense force's officers and israeli officials refuse to travel to certain countries for fear of being held for criminal prosecution and slobodan milosevic died in bed watching old amos 'n' andy reruns and being spoon fed a chocolate sundae with whipped cream, extra nuts and a cherry on top by the two hoors at his side. so...it may not be worth a daamn, but it;s there, and i happen to think agreements shouldd be honoured.

as for "approving this message", cool. he makes as little sense to me as i'm sure i make to him, but i asked a simple question and i really don't have the energy to go look through all his posts to find the answer.

What law are you referring to? Have you read my signature? What makes you think I care about laws other people wrote if I didn't have a part in writing them?

You just contradicted yourself, if they are legally refugees, and thus entitled to the legal considerations of refugees, how can they not be entitled to those considerations because they are refugees?

You admit you said you don't support ex post facto, yet you want me to show you where you said it? Remember when I commented about the logical inconsistencies of your arguments?

I already explained what I think should be done, weren't you paying attention?

I approve this message.....

To add International law is not real law it's an agreement among nations, Kind of like a courtesy, but it's not that serious. Sure you'll piss folks off by breaking it, but hell Iraq broke it several times and liberals didnt care.

OK...and geneva and the hague to not exist and there is no reason at all why many high ranking israeli defense force's officers and israeli officials refuse to travel to certain countries for fear of being held for criminal prosecution and slobodan milosevic died in bed watching old amos 'n' andy reruns and being spoon fed a chocolate sundae with whipped cream, extra nuts and a cherry on top by the two hoors at his side. so...it may not be worth a daamn, but it;s there, and i happen to think agreements shouldd be honoured.

as for "approving this message", cool. he makes as little sense to me as i'm sure i make to him, but i asked a simple question and i really don't have the energy to go look through all his posts to find the answer.

Uh let me make this simple, they may exist but are subordinate to our constitution and we can drop out anytime....They have no legal authority over us, UNLESS we allow it, if we decide to drop it...we can drop it.

This speaks volumes. He knows damn well what the answer is.
Obama has obviouly instructed his staff to do whatever they have to do to not have a decisive public answer so's not to offend his Islamic buds.

This speaks volumes. He knows damn well what the answer is.
Obama has obviouly instructed his staff to do whatever they have to do to not have a decisive public answer so's not to offend his Islamic buds.

Yes, our ability to act as a fair broker would be comprimised if we took that position.

Should be pointed out Bush took the same position... but never mind.

It should be pointed out the US Embassy in Israel is located in Tel Aviv, NOT Jerusalem.

Home | Embassy of the United States

Learn a little history Syrians Jordanians, Lebanese, "Palestinians are all the same people all those countries were created by the Europeans Jordan is 70% so called Palestinians the Zionist Jews re-created their own country in their ancestral homeland.

That's irrelevant. You have no right to decide what group a people belong to. There are people who have lived in Palestine for centuries that consider themselves Palestinians and want the international community to live up to its promise of a two-state solution. Giving people their "ancestral land" to the exclusion of all others wouldn't sit very well, if it were a Native American tribe making that claim.

Romney declared Jerusalem to be the capital of Israel in opposition to US administrations of both parties. Who thinks the question at the press conference wasn't just a cynical attempt to pry the Jewish vote away from the Democrats? Mitt even stepped on his own rhetoric by saying he supported the two-state solution, when that's an impossibility as long as E.Jerusalem isn't the capital of Palestine.

Romney declared Jerusalem to be the capital of Israel in opposition to US administrations of both parties. Who thinks the question at the press conference wasn't just a cynical attempt to pry the Jewish vote away from the Democrats? Mitt even stepped on his own rhetoric by saying he supported the two-state solution, when that's an impossibility as long as E.Jerusalem isn't the capital of Palestine.

Did Mitt actually say this?

He's batting two for two if he did.

I'm wondering if he's going to Polish joke when he gets to Poland. Does anyone tell Polish jokes anymore, or are they all blonde jokes now?

I'm wondering if he's going to Polish joke when he gets to Poland. Does anyone tell Polish jokes anymore, or are they all blonde jokes now?

I'm sure the clips are out there on the net. It seemed like a throwaway line after he went hardcore for Israel and against Iran. He was trying to have it both ways, hardliner and peacemaker, IMO.

if i steal a hundred dollars out of your pocket and then, for whatever reason, i decide to return it, that doesn't count as me giving you a hundred dollars.

How did they steal land, Israel was attacked by 6 arab countries, kicked their ass and kept some of the land. DONT fuck with them or they get to keep the treasure.....

Green Olive Tours-Israel-Palestine-Alternative Tours-Culture-Politics: Land Distribution Maps of Israel/Palestine 1946-2000

The war was declared as soon as Israel declared independence as they couldn't very well declare war before there was an Israel now could they? However hostilities had been going on since the day after the UN Genreal Assembly voted on the Partition plan. Which btw was not a binding resolution. Several Arab nations had sent in troops to help protect the Palestinian side of the partition. Jordans troop were ordered not to cross over the Green line. The Jewish population had a small % of land ownership before the war.

the question was improper and impolite and designed to trash obama needlessly. it embarrassed the office of the presidency on what is sure to be an international stage. furthermore, the jewish woman (BBC News America) knew the answer to the question and jay carney correctly stated the answer.

not one single president since truman has recognised al quds/jerusalem as the capital of israel. before truman, it was not a state. the fate of al quds/jerusalem is rightfully relegated to the final status negotiations. israel has consistently refused to negotiate that final status on some pretext or another since what seems like forever. some are fooled. i am not. the reason for such delay is to build more settlements on the west bank and erase any possibility of a viable palestinian state.

now i a going to sat something, and i am sure every single one of you will disagree with me. i imagine you have already. what i have said above is genocide according to the 1948 UN convention on the prevention and punishment of the crime of genocide, whose signatories include the USA and israel.

history will record that. i do not want this country, that i served in the u.s. army in the sixties and that my son is serving now in the u.s. navy, to be any way complicit in such atrocities. this is no time to continue playing politics with the lives of israeli and palestinian children at stake.

only two countries around the world recognise al quds/jerusalem as the capital of israel, el salvador and guatamala.

Watch the video on post #49 and see the similarity to these remarks by GW Bush.

Candidate George W. Bush on Israel
(May 22, 2000)

In recent times, Washington has tried to make Israel conform to its own plans and timetables; but this is not the path to peace. A clear and bad example was the administration's attempt to take sides in the most recent Israeli election. America should not interfere in Israel's democratic process. And America will not interfere in Israeli elections when I am the president. But something will happen when I become the president. As soon as I take office, I will begin the process of moving the United States ambassador to the city Israel has chosen as its capital....

And then 9/11 happened you people seem to forget about that. Nothing new with the left no way Bush could do that when he trying to get support for the war on terror

The Bush Administration had the support of the entire country and nearly the entire world in the effort to capture or kill those responsible for 9-11. What he didn't have support for was using that attack to launch a new agenda projecting America's military power in the ME. It started by his morphing our outrage and anger that day into the blunderous invasion and occuation of Iraq. Furthermore their propaganda worked and 70% of American believed that Saddam was behind the attacks and that he had a massive arsenal of ready to fire WMD that he was all too willing to share with his partners in al Queda. In March of 2003 he had great support in the Media as well as in the public as a whole.

Last edited:
Watch the video on post #49 and see the similarity to these remarks by GW Bush.

(May 22, 2000)

In recent times, Washington has tried to make Israel conform to its own plans and timetables; but this is not the path to peace. A clear and bad example was the administration's attempt to take sides in the most recent Israeli election. America should not interfere in Israel's democratic process. And America will not interfere in Israeli elections when I am the president. But something will happen when I become the president. As soon as I take office, I will begin the process of moving the United States ambassador to the city Israel has chosen as its capital....

And then 9/11 happened you people seem to forget about that. Nothing new with the left no way Bush could do that when he trying to get support for the war on terror

The Bush Administration had the support of the entire country and nearly the entire world in the effort to capture or kill those responsible for 9-11. What he didn't have support for was using that attack to launch a new agenda projecting America's military power in the ME. It started by his morphing our outrage and anger that day into the blunderous invasion and occuation of Iraq. Furthermore their propaganda work and 70% of American beleived that Saddam was behind the attacks and that he had a massive arsenal of ready to fire WMD that he was all too willing to share with his partners in al Queda. In March of 2003 he had great support in the Media as well as in the public as a whole.

You’re going off onto another subject ,I said Because of 9/11 Bush couldn't move the embassy he couldn't alienate the muslim countries, that's my opinion based on what was happening..... Get it?

Last edited:

:clap2:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0U4RoJg0dY]Mitt Romney: Jerusalem Is 'The Capital Of Israel' - YouTube[/ame]

:clap2:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0U4RoJg0dY]Mitt Romney: Jerusalem Is 'The Capital Of Israel' - YouTube[/ame]

Is he running for president of Israel, since he failed so miserably in his bid for the British presidency? :lol: :cool: :eusa_eh:

A "two state" "solution" will not include splitting up Jerusalem idiot. There will be no deal anyway, because the goal is not a "two state” solution

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PwbkXLJ-eQ&]"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PwbkXLJ-eQ&][/ame]

The Bush Administration had the support of the entire country and nearly the entire world in the effort to capture or kill those responsible for 9-11. What he didn't have support for was using that attack to launch a new agenda projecting America's military power in the ME. It started by his morphing our outrage and anger that day into the blunderous invasion and occuation of Iraq. Furthermore their propaganda work and 70% of American beleived that Saddam was behind the attacks and that he had a massive arsenal of ready to fire WMD that he was all too willing to share with his partners in al Queda. In March of 2003 he had great support in the Media as well as in the public as a whole.

You’re going off onto another subject ,I said Because of 9/11 Bush couldn't move the embassy he couldn't alienate the muslim countries, that's my opinion based on what was happening..... Get it?

I stand corrected. However he did have 8 months prior to 9-11 to make his move on the embassy.

Well, first you have to have a Palestine State before you can have a capital. Palestine has always been a territory not a state.
Israel has been a state in the past and present and has always had Jerusalem as it's Capital.

A "two state" "solution" will not include splitting up Jerusalem idiot. There will be no deal anyway, because the goal is not a "two state” solution

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PwbkXLJ-eQ&]"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PwbkXLJ-eQ&][/ame]

There's never going to be a two-state solution without splitting Jerusalem. As for it not being a goal, that's just propaganda spread by the extremists on both sides.

I stand corrected. However he did have 8 months prior to 9-11 to make his move on the embassy.

Yep.. And he didn't, who knows if he would've or not but after 9/11 he certainly couldn't

Well, first you have to have a Palestine State before you can have a capital. Palestine has always been a territory not a state.
Israel has been a state in the past and present and has always had Jerusalem as it's Capital.

You're just playing with words. Belarus, Slovenia, Slovakia and Moldova were never states until late in the 20th century, either. How do they have more right to land and their own nation than the Palestinians?

You're just playing with words. Belarus, Slovenia, Slovakia and Moldova were never states until late in the 20th century, either. How do they have more right to land and their own nation than the Palestinians?

You are the one playing with meanings and words.
The Iron Curtain is very different from what the Palestinians are trying to claim.
They lost both uprisings in 48 and 67.Israel won and it is their land,so they need to deal with it.They are not getting East Jerusalem back.
When Palestinians decide to stop breaking every single peace agreement, then maybe something can be worked out.

Forum List

Back