What's One Thing Obama Has Done to Help You Personally?

The bigger issue is massive student debt. For our next generation to graduate they or their parents need to assume debt unheard of in our generation. I went to college for 4 years for a total of less than $10,000 (tuition, room and board)
Now students are paying $150,000

And who benefits from the price gouging tuitions and expenses more than the Fed., the State, and the Institution? Who's rules govern these practices? Who dropped the ball?

You got me....you are going to have to explain how the Fed and State benefit from college tuitions and expenses

How's that college loan interest treating you?

And who benefits from the price gouging tuitions and expenses more than the Fed., the State, and the Institution? Who's rules govern these practices? Who dropped the ball?

You got me....you are going to have to explain how the Fed and State benefit from college tuitions and expenses

So your position is that the government is somehow getting rich off those below market rate loans?

So your position is that the government is somehow getting rich off those below market rate loans?

No, it's not the loan rates, it's the greater income taxes that the government can "steal" from college graduates who over the course of their lifetimes will earn way more money than their non-college educated counterparts.

It's all a giant plot.

No, it's not the loan rates, it's the greater income taxes that the government can "steal" from college graduates who over the course of their lifetimes will earn way more money than their non-college educated counterparts.

It's all a giant plot.

Sneaky sons of bitches!

I liked it better when we were all farmers

Are those loans above the rate of inflation? Is that interest even close to what you earn in interest on your savings? What is a persons chance of getting out of the deal short of dying? Why are tuitions so high? Value for value? I think not.

It's all a giant plot.

Sorry eggheads, You corrupt the market, resulting in the producers ans doer's getting the short end of the stick. You over value your own worth, and frankly you are not worth what we pay you. We are tired of your burden, the day of the parasite will go the way of the buggy whip my administrative friend. You know where to file that. ;)

It's all a giant plot.

Sorry eggheads, You corrupt the market, resulting in the producers ans doer's getting the short end of the stick. You over value your own worth, and frankly you are not worth what we pay you. We are tired of your burden, the day of the parasite will go the way of the buggy whip my administrative friend. You know where to file that. ;)

Are you saying you don't like all that fancy-pants book-learnin'?

It's all a giant plot.

I love books!!! I abhor manipulation. Got two kids finishing up one at Buffalo and one at F.I.T., agenda, it's all about agenda.

I love books!!! I abhor manipulation. Got two kids finishing up one at Buffalo and one at F.I.T., agenda, it's all about agenda.

And that agenda is all about having a promising future and a better life for yourself and your family.

Out of curiosity can someone point to something that Obama has done that has helped you personally since he has been in office?

For that matter, how about one thing the Democrats have done to help you?

Thanks.

Helped me personally ................ well, for one the President and the Democratic Congress passed historic health care reform. They did this without the vote of a single Republican, and with the GOP trying to make that needed legislation Obama's "Waterloo." The benefits of being able to do something that couldn't be done by the likes of Teddy Roosevelt, FDR, Truman, Nixon, or Clinton will be marked as an historical achievement!

Just for me, it will mean 10's of thousands of dollars in savings in Part "D" Medicare costs over the next decade.

But, it is mighty selfish to look at what the Obama Presidency and the Democratic Congress has achieved in less than 2 years as just what he did for me alone. I think it is remarkable when one looks at where we were the day Obama took office and see that in every ................EVERY.......... category, we are now better off than we were a couple of years ago. Remarkable!

But, this is a political forum, and each and everything we discuss must be looked at through the dark prism of politics, and only in politics do we find people who aren't happy with "BETTER" .................they demand "PERFECTION!" And failing, as is inevitable, to produce "PERFECTION," we will have a few who march to the tom-toms of some radio comedian saying we should lynch the oval office resident who can't make it all absolutely, ideally, peachy, weechie perfect.

Only in America..................

And that agenda is all about having a promising future and a better life for yourself and your family.

Yes my Party friend. The Government workers and Union workers are covered in your plan. Kennedy opened the flood gates, that destroyed the quality of life for blue collar workers. You have systematically over flooded certain markets since. Now it is about to bite you in the ass. You took control of the purse and pissed it away through arrogance and incompetence. The sad part is that you are not done yet.

New here....just want to say that Bush and the repubs have destroyed this nation over their last 8 years and the policies they implimented are still! Everything Obama is doing is benefitting me in one way or another! BTW, I was a middle class self employed 2 income family. I am now lucky enough to be a two income family scrapping by. All the republican big buisness breaks, have driven this country into the ground! Dont forget when the national debt started blasting through the roof.....It was when we had to go get all those WMD's out of the middle east! How'd that work out? Obama isnt the cause of this debt, he is the one who has the balls to come in and attempt to fix it! As someone posted earlier (bravo!), anything but perfection to the righties is failure. Funny how when they mess it all up its ok. Obama is not the one seperating this nation! How about all the republicans that vote no to everything the dems propose?! I swear you repub pricks would vote no to saving your own childrens lives if it was Obamas Idea!

New here....just want to say that Bush and the repubs have destroyed this nation over their last 8 years and the policies they implimented are still! Everything Obama is doing is benefitting me in one way or another! BTW, I was a middle class self employed 2 income family. I am now lucky enough to be a two income family scrapping by. All the republican big buisness breaks, have driven this country into the ground! Dont forget when the national debt started blasting through the roof.....It was when we had to go get all those WMD's out of the middle east! How'd that work out? Obama isnt the cause of this debt, he is the one who has the balls to come in and attempt to fix it! As someone posted earlier (bravo!), anything but perfection to the righties is failure. Funny how when they mess it all up its ok. Obama is not the one seperating this nation! How about all the republicans that vote no to everything the dems propose?! I swear you repub pricks would vote no to saving your own childrens lives if it was Obamas Idea!

How do you know your ass from your elbow Comrade???

The stimulus bill has done wonders hasn't it? :lol:

The stimulus bill has done wonders hasn't it? :lol:

Stopped an economic collapse....not too shabby

Forum List

Back