Jobless Rate Rises to 9.9 Percent.

KMAN

Jul 9, 2008
I thought we were out of the recession and everything was looking up????

Can you imagine how bad Bush would be getting hammered right now if the unemployment rate was still this high.... It has been downhill ever since the Democrats took control of Congress... and Obama's policies obviously aren't making it any better.

Jobs up 290,000; jobless rate rises to 9.9 pct. - Yahoo! Finance

The situation is still bad, but for the first time in over a year I see real improvement. The key figure for me was over 200,000 private sector jobs were added. Even the 9.9% unemployment rate is encouraging, because it means a number of folks who ran out of unemployment are trying to enter the work force. The numbers are still huge. Hope we can continue with the lastest progress. In the short term, the loss of Census jobs in the laste summer will be a problem.

One in every five American men between 24 and 54 is now unemployed!!!!

Make no mistake............this radical of a president of ours has one priority: to bury capitalism and have government take control of everything. There is NOTHING he is doing with policy to make anybody think to the contrary.

When he said "change" he meant it. I think there are many millions of Americans out there who had no clue what he really meant!!!

Thankfully for all Americans, November is just around the corner!!!

Can you imagine how bad Bush would be getting hammered right now if the unemployment rate was still this high.... It has been downhill ever since the Democrats took control of Congress... and Obama's policies obviously aren't making it any better.

You have to look at what's really going on. The Unemployment rate is basically the percentage of people working or trying to work who can't find a job. From March to April MORE people started working AND MORE people started looking for work. So the rate went up....but Employment as a percentage of the population also went up (58.6% to 58.8%)

Again, more people working, more people looking for work, jobs added, overall, not bad.

Counting people who have given up looking for work and part-timers who would prefer to be working full time, the so-called underemployment rate rose to 17.1 in April.
Gee....lemme guess....that's what Porky Limbaugh says, huh??

:rolleyes:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35CLNIAAEik]YouTube - RUSH LIMBAUGH THE PHONY SOLDER[/ame]

hsnjpt.gif

Nice deflection

As everyone on here will attest, even my left wing opponents, I do not use commentary by any entertainer as proof or justification for any stance

My statement came directly from the stats in the source articles from news agencies

Make no mistake............this radical of a president of ours has one priority: to bury capitalism and have government take control of everything. There is NOTHING he is doing with policy to make anybody think to the contrary.

When he said "change" he meant it. I think there are many millions of Americans out there who had no clue what he really meant!!!
....Primarily, the first-generation Teabaggers!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h3cJQJkc_o]YouTube - Right America: Feeling Wronged - Some Voices from the Campaign Trail[/ame]

544.gif

I have work available for those willing to work nights and weekends. Contract labor with no benefits.
And no takers.
"How many off days, paid holidays and benefits do I get?" is all they are interested in.

Counting people who have given up looking for work and part-timers who would prefer to be working full time, the so-called underemployment rate rose to 17.1 in April.
Gee....lemme guess....that's what Porky Limbaugh says, huh??

:rolleyes:

You would look less like a hack if you understood the factual basis of the 17.1% claim. Maybe you should be a little more concerned about how all your social programs are going to get paid with so many out of work.​

Last edited:
Rush was asked the other day about his many predictions back in Feb of 2009, among them was a dramatic fall in the preisdential poll numbers and the enormous anger that would grow due to an epic level of debt...................

His response???

rush.jpg

I laughed my balls off......................

Thankfully for all Americans, November is just around the corner!!!

Very true. I know three people that are old, dear friends that I've disagreed with on political matters for a long, long time. All three voted for obama, and ALL THREE REGRET IT! In fact, two of those has sworn not to vote for another democrat period.

Last edited:

March 10.2 April 9.9 you are a liar and a moron.

Have the fundis re asigned the definition of the word "rising"?

That is why people really hate you...you are fundimentally dishonest.

March 10.2 April 9.9 you are a liar and a moron.

Have the fundis re asigned the definition of the word "rising"?

That is why people really hate you...you are fundimentally dishonest.
No, March was 9.7.

10.2 is the not seasonally adjusted number for March. The not seasonally adjusted number for April is 9.5. So please get your own numbers and what you're talking about straight before insulting others.

Posted in another thread, bears repeating here:

9.9% unemployment - the economy is not creating enough jobs to handle population growth and recover lost jobs. This is not a healthy recovery.

The press is also very misleading. AP spins the increase from 9.7 to 9.9 to

The unemployment rate rose from 9.7 percent in March to 9.9 percent in April, mainly because 805,000 jobseekers -- perhaps feeling better about their prospects -- resumed their searches for work.

Yet according to the BLS, U6 Unemployment increased from 16.9% in April to 17.1%.

Table A-15. Alternative measures of labor underutilization

Net net - Unemployment is getting Mo Worse than Employment is getting Mo Bettah.

Read your own article. This is not bad news.
"The unemployment rate rose from 9.7 percent in March to 9.9 percent in April, mainly because 805,000 jobseekers -- perhaps feeling better about their prospects -- resumed their searches for work. "More confident employers stepped up job creation in April, expanding payrolls by 290,000, the most in four years."

The unemployment rate is based on the number seeking jobs and does not include those not seeking work. You pulled the wrong article to support your claim.

Considering that a year ago we were losing 650,000 jobs a month, gaining 290,000 after gaining 62,000 last month shows progress on the job front.

There are still millions of jobs that need to be added to the economy.

Forum List

Back