What's better? Paying for Birth Control, Abortions, or Welfare?

tooAlive

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2012
United States
I keep hearing girls say they should have the right to receive free birth control, and that us men shouldn't get into it. Guess they forgot that birth control is funded by the tax payers, many of whom actually happen to be men. So, our opinion on the matter kinda sorta matters.

Anyways, if we take away birth control, we'd probably be stuck paying for abortions. Which is a big issue for me since I'm 100% pro-life and I think those that are pro-choice should exercise their right to not have sex sometimes. Rape however, is a different story.

And finally, if we get rid of both birth control and abortions, we will ultimately be forced to pay for the welfare of these families and single mothers who have those unprecedented babies.

So, which one would you feel better paying for?

Last edited:
Conservatives should want to pay for birth control, because it is cheaper in the long one, and birth control is more moral than an abortion.

you just said you didnt want to pay for the babies they cant afford i thought. last i checked normal sex either costs money for one of the above mentioned things or produces babies

Last edited:
you just said you didnt want to pay for the babies they cant afford i thought. last i checked normal sex either costs money for one of the above mentioned things or produces babies

I am happy to pay for abortions and birth control. It doesn't worry me as I think these things are what people are entitled to.

But then, I am a liberal.

ok whats liberal got to do with it you can make that decision on your own i wish i could tell you my category i only represent myself

Last edited:
I keep hearing girls say they should have the right to receive free birth control, and that us men shouldn't get into it. Guess they forgot that birth control is funded by the tax payers, many of whom actually happen to be men.

The question (if it's even still a question) is whether private insurance companies should be required to provide coverage of contraception without co-pays. That means it's financed by everyone who is enrolled in that insurance pool, male or female, and paying premiums.

Don't pay for birth control. Don't pay for abortions. Don't pay the women to have the babies.

Don't pay for birth control. Don't pay for abortions. Don't pay the women to have the babies.

ostrich_head_in_sand.jpg

many women that have abortions were on birth control or using contraceptives.

So. What act shifted responsibility from the mother and father to the general public? The hallmark, actually the epitaph of today's liberals is "It's not my fault". Indicating that someone else should be paying. If you are driving your car, lose control are you not responsible if you step on the brake but your car still careens into a home and plows into someone's bedroom? You stepped on the brake! It's not your fault.

I can't speak for all conservatives but I have never been presented with any reason that obligates me to pay for someone else's contraceptives, abortions or support their children.

I can't speak for all conservatives but I have never been presented with any reason that obligates me to pay for someone else's contraceptives, abortions or support their children.

Guess what?

Nobody has ever expected you to pay for abortions. But if you object to low cost contraception and low cost childcare you have no right to bitch about the number of abortions in this country

So I see progressives think women or walking vaginas as democrats think of them are to stupid to take care of their own selves....To dumb to hold a job...to much of a whore to say no to a man....To selfish to take care of a living human.

You democrats are sexists assholes

Guess what?

Nobody has ever expected you to pay for abortions. But if you object to low cost contraception and low cost childcare you have no right to bitch about the number of abortions in this country

If the low cost is subsidized through government funds I oppose the use of public money for this purpose. Now if an organization were set up to gather voluntary charitable donations to pay for these expenses, that's perfectly acceptable.

Forum List

Back