What would you want R&R to do in their 1st 100 days

Pass an executive order requiring Nancy Pelosi to take off her Halloween mask. Oh and outlaw combovers while congress is in session.

We can't have a hundred days like FDR because Congress isn't as scared as it was during FDR's hundred days and they will fight. The solution to that is to suspend Congress for a time, at least until Ryan gets the nation back on an even keel. Of course suspending Congress may mean suspending parts of the Constituton but in this crisis it has to be done, I think we can all see that need. The parts of congress that are suspended we have to turn over to Ryan during the crisis period.
When we have taken the back country and all is running correctly then we return to our normal government. Ryan's 100 days will eliminate all those FDR 100 days New Deal programs and more. Happy days are here again.

A good start would issue an executive order repealing all executive orders issued since 1/20/09.
I'd be pleased as hell if he issued a second order making all EPA regulations subject to approval of Congress.
Wow, Ernie. I bet the pile of executive orders since Obama took over outweighs the 5-reams of paper Obamacare was.
I hope he's the last lawyer who serves. They're just too tricky. Every voter should be able to read a bill and know what it says.

The bullshit has got to be taken out of laws the Congress passes. You should be able to see one page that is the new law. One page and only one page. Not 2500+ pages.

As long as the Press and the Public refuse to scrutinize those Executive Orders, Obama looks real good, huh.

A good start would issue an executive order repealing all executive orders issued since 1/20/09.
I'd be pleased as hell if he issued a second order making all EPA regulations subject to approval of Congress.

The second order wouldn't be constitutional.

I won't claim to be an expert on the rules and regs surrounding exec orders but there's plenty of suggestion that some/many of them have been designed not only to go around Congress but may also be unconstitutional.

If nothing else, it would seem to me that a non-partisan group should at least review these regs for constitutional issues.

Can you give an example of an executive order that falls in this category?

1] Have the Senate introduce the Repeal Obamacare bill. I believe the house has already passed their version. Be prepared to introduce new health care plans to replace O-care.

2] Get the Keystone pipeline project moving. Identify and scrap abusive/excessive regulations against the energy sector. Get those permits that have been stalled approved as quickly as possible.

3] Identify and scrap restrictive/abusive/overreaching rules and regs against the small business community.

4] Examine and scrap executive orders meant to do run-arounds on Congress.

5] Begin work on tax reform.

That's a good start for now. How 'bout you?

Those are good ones.. and reinstating the mexico city policy.
Refresh my memory.................

What is the mexico city policy?

Global Gag Rule. NGOs that receive government funds are not allowed to perform or promote abortion as family planning with their non-government funds.

All executive orders are unconstitutional. Without constitutional authority the congress granted the executive order rule to the president in case of an emergency. So the first thing that is signed by each new president is a form declaring the USA is in a state of emergency. Then they are free to be little dicktaters (I spelled it right) and pass "laws" wihout the interference caused by lawful means.

No where in the constitution does it allow congress to increase the power of the presidency.

So what used to be a representative republic is commonly referred to as a "democracy" with a single man who has ultimate power. No one has taken full advantage of it yet but Obama did make it a felony to disagree with the president in earshot of the secret service. How do you like your first amendment now?

All executive orders are unconstitutional. Without constitutional authority the congress granted the executive order rule to the president in case of an emergency. So the first thing that is signed by each new president is a form declaring the USA is in a state of emergency. Then they are free to be little dicktaters (I spelled it right) and pass "laws" wihout the interference caused by lawful means.

No where in the constitution does it allow congress to increase the power of the presidency.

So what used to be a representative republic is commonly referred to as a "democracy" with a single man who has ultimate power. No one has taken full advantage of it yet but Obama did make it a felony to disagree with the president in earshot of the secret service. How do you like your first amendment now?

Executive orders don't increase presidential power. They are simply expressions of the executive branch's interpretation of statutes passed by Congress.

Executive orders don't increase presidential power. They are simply expressions of the executive branch's interpretation of statutes passed by Congress.

From where does the power to write a presidential order come?
It is not in the constitution but the tenth amendment is:
10th Amendment
The powers not delegated to the United States by the
Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved
to the States respectively, or to the people.

Who initiated the presidential powers act?
Are there any limits on it?

In the mid‐1970s, Congress became concerned about the possible abuse of these powers, especially because some declarations of emergency contain no termination date. In fact, the Senate study found that the nation had legally been in a continuous state of emergency since Roosevelt's declaration of 1933.

To correct this situation, Congress in 1976 passed the National Emergencies Act, which declared that any and all existing states of emergency would be terminated two years from the bill's enactment and that future presidential declarations would be subject to congressional review every six months. An example of the use of presidential emergency powers since the enactment of this statute came when President Jimmy Carter in November 1979 declared that the taking of American hostages in Iran created a national emergency and froze Iranian assets held in America. In January 1980, at the end of his term, he reached an agreement with the government of Iran to release the hostages in exchange for the transfer of the frozen assets to Iran and the extinguishing of any American claims to those assets. The Supreme Court, in Dames & Moore v. Regan (1981), found statutory authority for the transfer of the assets, but for the extinguishing of claims, the Court relied on “the general tenor of Congress' legislation in this area,” which, it said, could be viewed as an invitation to exercise independent presidential authority (p. 678).

See also Foreign Affairs and Foreign Policy; Inherent Powers; Separation of Powers; War Powers.

Bibliography
Louis Fisher, Constitutional Conflicts between Congress and the President (1985).
Christopher H. Pyle and Richard Pious, The President, Congress, and the Constitution (1984).
U.S. Congress, The National Emergencies Act (Public Law 94–412). Source Book: Legislative History, Texts, and Other Documents (1976)

— Donald L. Robinson

Last edited:
It is implicit in his duty to "take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed".

Every president has issued executive orders, and of all those issued only two have been declared unconstitutional. EO's have little to do with emergencys.
America began as a republic meanng it was not a monarchy and had a representative type of government, but we were also a democracy in that some people were allowed to vote for House members. Since then we have become even more of a democracy.
During a war the president can be given more powers called the war-powers.
A president cannot pass a law making it illegal to disagree with the president? Might want to check out some of our early history with the Alien and Sedition Acts.

Every president has issued executive orders, and of all those issued only two have been declared unconstitutional. EO's have little to do with emergencys.
America began as a republic meanng it was not a monarchy and had a representative type of government, but we were also a democracy in that some people were allowed to vote for House members. Since then we have become even more of a democracy.
During a war the president can be given more powers called the war-powers.
A president cannot pass a law making it illegal to disagree with the president? Might want to check out some of our early history with the Alien and Sedition Acts.

I don't mean to say it hasn't been done before but I do mean to point out that only congress can make laws - acording to the constitution. That is why "presidential orders" are unconstitutional.

1] Have the Senate introduce the Repeal Obamacare bill. I believe the house has already passed their version. Be prepared to introduce new health care plans to replace O-care.

2] Get the Keystone pipeline project moving. Identify and scrap abusive/excessive regulations against the energy sector. Get those permits that have been stalled approved as quickly as possible.

3] Identify and scrap restrictive/abusive/overreaching rules and regs against the small business community.

1) Open up our natural energy resources for exploration and useage and in the process create thousands of new and high-paying jobs for americans.

2) Pass an executive order effectively freezing obamacare in its tracks then work on repealing it and replacing it with specific and targeted legislation. One piece for pre-existing conditions, another for tort reform, and another to open up sales of insurance across state lines to lower pricing through competition

3) Eliminate foreign aid to any nation that makes any decisions against our best interests as a nation.

4) Tax reforms. Make the current federal income tax rates either permanent or lower for everyone from $1.00 to the top.

5) Pass an actual budget unlike the current admin/congress. Within 3 years make this budget a surplus budget and put that surplus on paying down our national debt. Cut aid to foreign nations, close many military bases in foreign countries which we don't need, eliminate many entitlement programs.

6) Reform social security and medicare so I don't feel like I'm paying money into a system that won't be there when I retire.

Executive orders were meant to streamline purely administrative details, never to usurp the Congressional duty of making laws. Since Americans are no longer educated as to the proper role of the branches of government it's not surprising that they don't know that.

After they lose the election, I hope they give nice conciliatory speeches. Romney can then go back to sitting by his pool and collect dividend checks. Ryan can go back to congress and further plot on how to gut the social safety net while enriching himself and prepare himself for the 2016 election cycle. Or they can both commit seppaku.

Forum List

Back