What would you want R&R to do in their 1st 100 days

1. Spend the transition time drawing up the following bills to be presented to Congress.

2. Repeal Obamacare, replace it with Whole Foods recommendations

3. National Voter ID Act

4. Repeal Dodd Frank, no more government guarantees to banks

5. Privatize Fannie, Freddie and FHA, no more government guarantees

6. Close Department of Education.

1. Spend the transition time drawing up the following bills to be presented to Congress.

2. Repeal Obamacare, replace it with Whole Foods recommendations

3. National Voter ID Act

4. Repeal Dodd Frank, no more government guarantees to banks

5. Privatize Fannie, Freddie and FHA, no more government guarantees

6. Close Department of Education.

Take close look at how Canada does Federal Elections. No, not how it is "called" but how it is dealt with once it is called.

A Federal Election should be a federal task and responsibility. The very idea of 50 different kinds of voting machines and 50 different kinds of rules and regulations should decide the results of the election that results in ONE President defies logic. And ends up with "hanging chads" and Supreme Court interference, which pleases nobody.

Literally.....nothing to it

Mitt has known Bebe for 30 yrs and I'd guess Bebe already knows all he needs to know, particularly after Mitt visited with him just recently.

Sooooooo.............nobody to visit......nothing to it :)

First, on the first day, take a deep breath, bow their heads and thank their respective God and the wisdom those Gods (Mormon or Catholic) gave to the electors.

The remaining 99 days, KEEP ALL YOUR promises.

Nothing more is needed. God and the electors will be with you.
AMEN!.....I'll second that!

1] Have the Senate introduce the Repeal Obamacare bill. I believe the house has already passed their version. Be prepared to introduce new health care plans to replace O-care.

2] Get the Keystone pipeline project moving. Identify and scrap abusive/excessive regulations against the energy sector. Get those permits that have been stalled approved as quickly as possible.

3] Identify and scrap restrictive/abusive/overreaching rules and regs against the small business community.

4] Examine and scrap executive orders meant to do run-arounds on Congress.

5] Begin work on tax reform.

That's a good start for now. How 'bout you?

In order of importance:

1) Introduce a new Economic Recovery Tax Act that would reduce and simplify overall taxes on a permanent basis; eliminate all but a handful of tax deductions; and promote investment.

2) Introduce comprehensive legislation to eliminate federal government departments, agencies and programs that are superfluous or that fall outside the essential tasks of the federal government with the goal of substantially and permanently reducing federal government bureaucracy and expenditure.

3) Take initiatives to make the US more energy-independent through energy savings, development of new resources (both traditional and renewables), and better infrastructure.

4) Replace Obamacare with an overall health care reform.

5) Set clear deadlines for Iran to comply with safeguards against its development of nuclear weapons.

1] Have the Senate introduce the Repeal Obamacare bill. I believe the house has already passed their version. Be prepared to introduce new health care plans to replace O-care.

2] Get the Keystone pipeline project moving. Identify and scrap abusive/excessive regulations against the energy sector. Get those permits that have been stalled approved as quickly as possible.

3] Identify and scrap restrictive/abusive/overreaching rules and regs against the small business community.

In order of importance:

1) Introduce a new Economic Recovery Tax Act that would reduce and simplify overall taxes on a permanent basis; eliminate all but a handful of tax deductions; and promote investment.

2) Introduce comprehensive legislation to eliminate federal government departments, agencies and programs that are superfluous or that fall outside the essential tasks of the federal government with the goal of substantially and permanently reducing federal government bureaucracy and expenditure.

3) Take initiatives to make the US more energy-independent through energy savings, development of new resources (both traditional and renewables), and better infrastructure.

4) Replace Obamacare with an overall health care reform.

5) Set clear deadlines for Iran to comply with safeguards against its development of nuclear weapons.
My only concern is that..............

January 21 might be too late for #5.

#5 is a moot point. They are going to develop nuclear weapons. The ony real question is weather or not we are going to do anything about it.

Romney should ask Obama to step aside in November. We cannot afford more Obama damage during the transition

Repeal ObamaCare.
Eliminate the EPA in it's present form and replace it with something that works for America.
Jobs. Jobs. Jobs.
Balanced Budget Amendment to Constitution.
Stop borrowing money from China.
Improve economy.
Line Item Veto Power.
Term limits for members of Congress.
Eliminate about half of the perks members of Congress get.
Eliminate about 25% of Federal Government jobs.
Make the Bush Tax Cuts permanent.
Revamp the Federal Income Tax requirements so that everybody has some skin in the game. Possibly reduce tax to 10% for ALL Americans regardless of income.

A good start would issue an executive order repealing all executive orders issued since 1/20/09.
I'd be pleased as hell if he issued a second order making all EPA regulations subject to approval of Congress.
Wow, Ernie. I bet the pile of executive orders since Obama took over outweighs the 5-reams of paper Obamacare was.
I hope he's the last lawyer who serves. They're just too tricky. Every voter should be able to read a bill and know what it says.

The bullshit has got to be taken out of laws the Congress passes. You should be able to see one page that is the new law. One page and only one page. Not 2500+ pages.

I like that list. I would tweak #3. I would seek legislation to REALLY and dramatically reign in the fucking bureaucratic part of our government. I'd seek mandated sunset laws for not just their fucking nit-picking rules and regs, but for the very existence of those agencies.

I'd also tweak #1. I would REALLY question whether or not it is proper for the government to establish ANY health care "system."

first i'd think you have to get past the fact that people really don't like mitt.

the rest of the country does not think like the extreme right GOP "base"
It's okay, jillian. A lot more people like Republican candidate Governor Romney when they read his proposals and understand how much good it will do towards upgrading our national credit rating again. :)

Top 10 R&R Things To Do In 1st 100 Days

10. Turn the lights on
9. Separate the water from the sky
8. Separate the water from the land
7. Plant some trees
6 Install more lighting
5. Buy some pets and more friends
4. Take a vacation
3. Play some golf
2. Campaign
1. Check out the Taco Bell Doritos Locos Tacos Supreme

first i'd think you have to get past the fact that people really don't like mitt.

the rest of the country does not think like the extreme right GOP "base"

Because he has a clear history of governing to the extreme right?

No he doesn’t. It is one of the reasons that he is having trouble. Not because he is extreme right but because there is questions as to whether or not he is right at all.

Also:
I think there needs to be a reminder here that we are in the CDZ. There are SEVERAL posts that need to be reworded here. Please post accordingly.

Forum List

Back