What would you use for your "daily driver" if you were a billionaire?

Godboy

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2008
Supercars are awesome, but they are loud and bumpy. You wouldnt want to drive a Ferrari everyday. Assuming you live in an extremely wealthy area where luxury cars are not out of place, what would you use to go to dinner or go the golf course in?

Here is my pick. Generally speaking, i think Rolles Royces are a bit pretentous and snobby cars, but this Rolles Royce Dawn wide body from "Novitec" is fucking sick! It has 717 horsepower!

RR_Dawn_BlackBadge_08__FitMaxWzEyODAsMTAyNF0.jpg

RR_Dawn_BlackBadge_05__FitMaxWzEyODAsMTAyNF0.jpg

Supercars are awesome, but they are loud and bumpy. You wouldnt want to drive a Ferrari everyday. Assuming you live in an extremely wealthy area where luxury cars are not out of place, what would you use to go to dinner or go the golf course in?

Here is my pick. Generally speaking, i think Rolles Royces are a bit pretentous and snobby cars, but this Rolles Royce Dawn wide body from "Novitec" is fucking sick! It has 717 horsepower!

/----/ I worked for a billionaire, and knew several others. They had their exotic cars in an air-controled garage and only used them occasionally. If they did take them out, they would have them detained when they got home. Repairing rock chips on a luxury car is an expensive job, and once damaged, they don't want it any more. Their daily drivers were large SUVs like a GMC, Ford Expedition, or Grand Wagoneer. Something that blends in and is not something they would worry about getting dinged in the parking lot. They also don't want to attract too much attention for security reasons. The father of on of the billionaires I know (we're not close friends, just acquaintances) took his custom Rolls out to dinner. On the way home, he stopped at the supermarket to pick something up. When he got outside, two guys pulled a knife, grabbed his keys, and took off with the Rolls. They lost control a few blocks later after wrecking the car, and were arrested. That new Rolls with only a few hundred miles on it was a total loss. The insurance only covered the replacement cost for a new one, not for the extra customization, which was substantial, at least by my standards. Now he only takes his SUV out.

If I were a billionaire I wouldn't own any cars.
Why risk driving when I can get a car and driver of my choice and never worry about accidents, parking, tickets, drinking...

It's sort of like when I see some pro athlete making $10M a year get busted for DUI because he was too stupid to call a taxi.

Buuuut...what car?

55 T-Bird convertible
72 Mustang Mach I
74 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible

Yeah....
Driving flashy cars is for attracting attention. Something the truly wealthy do not want to do.

I'll keep my old 2008 Chevy Silverado and just upkeep it better. Get a bit of paint for the hood....and if I need a car for some reason I'd rent one from a car rental agency.

Yeah....
Driving flashy cars is for attracting attention. Something the truly wealthy do not want to do.

I'll keep my old 2008 Chevy Silverado and just upkeep it better. Get a bit of paint for the hood....and if I need a car for some reason I'd rent one from a car rental agency.
Who do you think buys a $700,000 custom Rolles Royce? Truly wealthy people buy them.

You missed the caveate in the OP. You live in a wealthy area where a Rolles isnt out of place.

Just a pickup truck like Mr. Walden of Walmart fame. Then I would keep a really nice executive-style Lincoln Continental and Cadillac for when it's needed. I would love to have a Lady Chauffeur in uniform to drive me around.

Just a pickup truck like Mr. Walden of Walmart fame. Then I would keep a really nice executive-style Lincoln Continental and Cadillac for when it's needed. I would love to have a Lady Chauffeur in uniform to drive me around.
Perhaps a Lady Chauffer out of uniform.

A big ass Hummer so if an idiot driver (of which there are millions) hits me, I likely won't get a scratch and their vehicle will be totaled.

Nice, but not a showstopper like this one

Goldfinger_-_Rolls-Royce_Phantom_III.jpg

Forum List

Back