What Would You Do?

I'd probably give him more than the previous dollar mentioned. But considering I'd be wanting to give most of my oney away at some point after taxes and bills and a items such as a house I wouldnt be upset to give him alittle money.

Unless I hated the guy (which seems unlikely, why would I be in a lottery pool with someone I hate) I imagine I'd cut him in. The lump sum after taxes is apparently $202 million, so even if you give him a full share it's only a difference of about $4 mil per person.

I might fuck with him first and, using del's plan, hire someone to laugh at him before telling him he was getting the money. :lol:

• Thanks
Reactions: del
How many times in life has an opportunity blown by you because you didn't take advantage of the opportunity when it presented itself? They asked him twice if he wanted into the pool. He declined. Sucks to be him. I didn't toss into the pool so maybe they should share some of the winnings with me. It's the same difference.

I once spent about $30k on several drilling deals, spread over a few years time. Same geologist. Just following him, trusting his judgement.

I finally told him I was tapped out and couldn't participate any more.
Of course his next well was the big one. Big.

Life's a Cinderella story
On a tumble of the dice.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAvEiLpboqk]YouTube - Rush - Big Money (HQ)[/ame]

Interesting to see the differences between those who feel others are somehow entitled without contributing in contrast to those who think that one is only rewarded for their efforts.

:clap2:

I'd give him his share....who knows maybe if he'd paid the dollar they wouldn't have won. He paid before and they didn't win.

I don't think I could live with myself if I didn't cut him in...especially since he usually paid the dollar.

Assuming he's normally a stand up guy, I'd cut him in for a few million of MY share. I would not expect others in the syndicate to do likewise.

You know......he was asked TWICE. If he was outta cash, he should have asked for a friend to loan him a buck when asked for the second time.

Since he refused the second time, fuck 'em.

The most unlucky man in Ney York City..........
8 people usually chip into lottery pool. One ops out last week. The seven remaining win 319 million. He was asked twice to pay his dollar. Would you cut him in or is he just stupid and the unluckiest lottery player EVER?

Lottery's Biggest Loser: Albany Man Opted Out of Mega Millions Pool That Won $319 Million - ABC News

In my opinion, anyone who plays any lottery is of less than average intelligence. How many millions of people play it regularly and get nothing? I rarely hear any such story, just the winners and the ones who finally became smart and a random one to millions chance just happen to hit. So his luck is a little better than the millions who did pay and lost. He still has his dollar. And exactly the same as the billions who did not play at all who also have their dollar otherwise spent.

Last edited:
I'd give him his share, but have him pay half of the taxes for all of the other winners as a penalty.

The most unlucky man in Ney York City..........
8 people usually chip into lottery pool. One ops out last week. The seven remaining win 319 million. He was asked twice to pay his dollar. Would you cut him in or is he just stupid and the unluckiest lottery player EVER?

Lottery's Biggest Loser: Albany Man Opted Out of Mega Millions Pool That Won $319 Million - ABC News

He will probably get a sympathy $100,000 from the others.

It is more than my buddies have ever done for me. Usually they play demented, but creative, Aprils fools jokes on me.

I would cut him in on some of the winnings, but I am not sure I would have given him his full share. Who knows, maybe I would cut him in on his share minus $1? It is not like I would not feel like there was enough to go around.

Immie

I would create an eighth share to be split by all the regular players who opted out this go round. Still leaves an obscene amount of money for the original seven and gives a couple million to the non-players

Forum List

Back