What Would You Do?

HUGGY

I Post Because I Care
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle at large...Ballard lately
I wouldn't call him stupid, and also would not share anything with him. :) He denied the opportunity and chose the end, himself.

The most unlucky man in Ney York City..........
8 people usually chip into lottery pool. One ops out last week. The seven remaining win 319 million. He was asked twice to pay his dollar. Would you cut him in or is he just stupid and the unluckiest lottery player EVER?

Lottery's Biggest Loser: Albany Man Opted Out of Mega Millions Pool That Won $319 Million - ABC News

As mean as this is going to sound, they should tell him that he is not going to get a share. They gave him "two bites of the apple" to put in his dollar. He opted out because he didn't "feel lucky". His feelings betrayed him.

And look at it from the other side. If they had not won, would he have given them the dollar?

Does it matter why he didn't have a buck to chip in when asked? What if he was going through some personal crisis and it slipped his mind to bring a dollar bill to work?

Does it matter why he didn't have a buck to chip in when asked? What if he was going through some personal crisis and it slipped his mind to bring a dollar bill to work?

That crossed my mind. Maybe he was short the money. Who knows. But he did participate all the other times. So....if I were part of the group, Id opt to give him some. If the rest didnt want to, Id give him some of mine. Depending on the circumstances, of course.

It's a ridiculous amount of money....

I would cut him in.......even if it was just out of my share

"They asked him a couple of times, and he didn't feel lucky," said Jill Cook, owner of Cook's Deli, where the group often comes for lunch.

He was wrong. Now he has to live with the consequences.

I feel bad for him, but he made his choice.

Here is how I see it. The guy has an absolute WHORE for a wife. He told her the week before that he felt real lucky about the 300 million jackpot. She hates his friends at work and stole his lottery money. She went through his pockets and wallet and took all his one's ...then she snuck out while he was sleeping and bought ciggys , A COUPLE OF 40 OZERS ... and two lottery tickets.. She did the same thing the next night.

The seven went to a nice hotel uptown to talk it over and they agreed to give him a full share. The guy drops his phone out his car window on his way home. Just then the phone starts to ring from the call by the seven's representative and then it shatters into a thousand pieces on the turnpike. His fortune unbeknown to him he confronts his **** wife who confessed to taking his money just to rub it in...He strangles her to death and then jumps out the 4th floor window severing his spine just below his heart leaving him a quad with a life sentence in prison.

Had all the eight played, they would each have won $40 million. Since he did not play, the remaining seven now have won over $45 million. He has done them a favour by not playing because they now have over $5 million more than they would have had if he had played. Thus, I would suggest the seven winners each give him $1 million as a thank you for not playing, and they still have $4 million more than they would have had if he had played.

It's a ridiculous amount of money....

I would cut him in.......even if it was just out of my share

Same. How could the difference between 320M and, say 300M possibly affect the trajectory of my life?

Whereas the difference between zilch and $20M is everything to him.

Cut him in.

edit: OIC $320M among all players. Same opinion, smaller numbers.

Forum List

Back