What would you do if you ever became homeless?

Anyway...low functioning can still wash dishes, sweep floors serve food. Fast food companies hire them for such things.
If a closed military base was used for the homeless, it COULD help many and fill the emptied coffers as well. Not by much, but something is better than nothing.
I work with this population and have for a long time. It isn't about can do....it's about what WILL they do. I know homeless people who spend decades in the same area....but won't even use a tent.

The ones here are nice. Friend of mine that is another antique dealer was on the list and finally got called. But he said it was very small, which he could live with but the rules? Oy! And yes, he is jewish and said OY! He said he declined it. He is in a small mobile home that is comfy, rent is cheap enough but not as cheap as the housing offered him, but he could survive the difference. Tiny doesn't bother me either. But rules that are ridiculous? Nah.
I wanna be a gypsy. Park at the beach all day, sleep by a motel. When we get tired of that, then we will go to one of the other plans, lol.

www.vandwellers.org

Forum List

Back