What would the media reaction be if the colours were reversed?

Discussion in 'Race Relations/Racism' started by IanC, Nov 18, 2009.

1. IanC

IanC Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,448
    Local College Student Brutally Attacked - WJW

I am of the belief that the media would jump all over this if the colours were reversed. man bites dog instead of dog bites man. Last year there was a flap over two whites beating an illegal, calls for hate crime charges, calls for a national discussion over the evil racism of whites. Where are all the examples since then? It is easy to dig up case after case of blacks aggressively beating whites but where are the counter examples? Really. I must be wrong because I am told that it is racist to 'incorrectly' notice that almost all the interracial crime is black-on-white. Could someone post half a dozen or so white examples so that I can displace my wariness of blacks?

2. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    This poster is correct:

I agree with everything you say except one. Race does play a major factor in this. Most white kids would have just kept on going if someone told them to watch where you are going. Ghetto dwellers don't like being "dissed". They don't like people pointing out when they do something wrong. Race played a roll. This should be treated as a hate crime.

But it's open season on whites in America. What if white people decided they'd had enough and came together to fight back?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. IanC

IanC Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,448
    well, the beaten student has succumbed to the injuries inflicted upon him.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsRTzEhE6GA&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsRTzEhE6GA&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

4. IanC

IanC Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,448
    Kent State student, beaten badly in fight near campus, dies at hospital | Metro - cleveland.com - cleveland.com

hmmm. so they weren't exactly gangbangers now, were they? Shaker Heights is the upscale neighbourhood that Ogbu chose to investigate how middle class black children were doing at middle class and integrated schools (poorly, as it turned out). and university students too. isn't it odd that 2 (third one not caught yet) young blacks from a good neighbourhood, going to university, with their whole lives ahead of them decided to throw it all away by beating a white person to death on a whim.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
  5. Amanda

Amanda Calm as a Hindu cow

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,006
    You'll be called a racist for having the gall to post this. It's a shame that race is still this important, but sadly it is, and the question that I ask is: who's keeping it this way?

We'll be able to tell by who responds....

6. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,618
    Sounds like the wheels of justice are turning to me.

Where's the problem?

7. Amanda

Amanda Calm as a Hindu cow

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,006
    It probably stems from the Left jumping up and getting all hot and bothered about cases that are reversed and not this 1. Go figure.

8. IanC

IanC Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,448
    apparently this wasn't a hate crime

No hate crimes charges for accused murderers in unprovoked attack of Kent State student

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  9. IanC

IanC Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,448
    Sister Talks After Brother, 72, Punched In Face At Walmart - News Story - WPXI Pittsburgh

is it open season for blacks to commit violence on whites? it sure seems so.

I have asked this before without getting a response but I'll try again. where are all the stories of whites attacking blacks for no reason? supposedly whites are the racist ones, the ones plotting to harm blacks, and yet there is so little proof, so few examples. and what few there are, many turn out to be hoaxes. why is it OK to assume that whites will be racist with little proof yet not OK to assume blacks will be dangerous even with lots of evidence?

10. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,884
    I didn't read the story closely but it sounds more like road rage than hate crime.

To make people like IanC and mal happy we should have an "uppity crime" so we can bring charges against all those black people they feel are empowered by having a black president to commit crimes.