What would the cost of bread be....

RodISHI

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 2008
What would the cost of a loaf of bread be if the government did not subsidize farming?

interesting what would .... our taxes be if the government did not subsidize foreign countries....foreign military bases....and everything under the sun here.....including gasoline and oil.....milk....green energy...the banks.....the unions....the car mfrs....

Bread ultimately might be cheaper. The small farmers would be the first to go. They'd get bought up by mega-agribusinesses who have a much lower cost-per-acre of production.

BTW- oil and gasoline are subsidized? news to me.

What would the cost of a loaf of bread be if the government did not subsidize farming?
Waiting for you to clarify your position and add a link for further information before I comment.

I think many things would either have to go back to more localized processing, farms would go back to being family operated or the prices would rise to meet with the cost of production.

here is a link to an article.... How Agriculture Subsidies Distort Food Prices

Bread ultimately might be cheaper. The small farmers would be the first to go. They'd get bought up by mega-agribusinesses who have a much lower cost-per-acre of production.

BTW- oil and gasoline are subsidized? news to me.
I think you are in error as to small family farms losing out. Many mega farms get subsidies or the rich buy the land to get the subsidies since they can have that tidy income from the subsidies.

Ethanol is double dipping on subsidies. It is also adding to,
The World's Growing Food-Price Crisis

Forum List

Back