What would happen to the economy if minimum wages are raised?

Jobs would be cut, investment diminished.

It's the value of the work that determines the pay.

Employees make all of the monies for employers. If you cut employees you make less money.

Employees make all of the monies for employers.

All of it? What about the equipment?

If you cut employees you make less money.

If the minimum wage is more than the employee is producing, you would actually save money by cutting employees.

Equipment is infrastructure.

Since an average employee makes five times revenue vs. expense how is that possible?

Yeah, those workers who "make all the monies" are usually working with some expensive equipment.

Since an average employee makes five times revenue vs. expense how is that possible?

We aren't talking about average employees. We're talking about minimum wage employees.

Again, equipment is infrastructure of the company so the employee can make monies for the company.

Average INCLUDES minimum wage.

Small business and corporations have seen their wealth increase $13 trillion in the last eight years

Almost none of that wealth went to increase wages

Employee compensation is up from $7.787 trillion in 2009 to $9.693 trillion last year.

Wages and salaries are up from $6.251 trillion to $7.855 trillion over the same period.

http://www.bea.gov/itable/iTable.cf...=1&904=2000&903=58&906=a&905=2016&910=x&911=0

Employee compensation to whom?

From 2009-14, CEO compensation rose 54.3%, while private-sector production/non-supervisory workers rose 0.0%.

Top CEOs Make 300 Times More than Typical Workers: Pay Growth Surpasses Stock Gains and Wage Growth of Top 0.1 Percent

Employees.

http://www.bea.gov/itable/iTable.cf...=1&904=2000&903=58&906=a&905=2016&910=x&911=0

Jobs would be cut, investment diminished.

It's the value of the work that determines the pay.

Employees make all of the monies for employers. If you cut employees you make less money.

Employees make all of the monies for employers.

All of it? What about the equipment?

If you cut employees you make less money.

If the minimum wage is more than the employee is producing, you would actually save money by cutting employees.

Yeah, those workers who "make all the monies" are usually working with some expensive equipment.

We aren't talking about average employees. We're talking about minimum wage employees.

Again, equipment is infrastructure of the company so the employee can make monies for the company.

Again, equipment is infrastructure of the company

Yes. Money which needs to be spent, so those workers can "make all the monies".

It's true, minimum wage workers are well below the average.

and since 97% of workers already make more than the federal MW it seems silly to raise it drastically

It seems silly to raise it at all.

Scrap that, it seems silly for the corporate government to play wage control at all.

I agree. It doesn't matter what the MW is IMO because employment is a ladder not a bed you're not supposed to stay at the bottom rung your entire life

As long as employers can get away with paying crap, that is what is going to happen.

Why do you continue to plead the case for these jerks?

If people don't like what their employer is paying them they can find another job or acquire the skills needed to demand higher pay

only about 3% of all workers get paid the federal MW and in that 3% are service workers who get tips

so I hate to break it to you but this is not the problem you are making it out to be

and since 97% of workers already make more than the federal MW it seems silly to raise it drastically

Scrap that! It seems silly for the corporate government to play wage control at all.

It's pure insanity to price yourself out of a job. There are multitudes of scabs eager and willing to do low tech work.

With the exception of degree professionals/certificate/licensed, every job is low tech. Greed is why workers make crap today.

Skilled labor like plumbers welders and electricians are arguably more technical than a barista which is where most people with worthless degrees end up

Scrap that! It seems silly for the corporate government to play wage control at all.

It's pure insanity to price yourself out of a job. There are multitudes of scabs eager and willing to do low tech work.

With the exception of degree professionals/certificate/licensed, every job is low tech. Greed is why workers make crap today.

Skilled labor like plumbers welders and electricians are arguably more technical than a barista which is where most people with worthless degrees end up

Skilled labor is infinitely more valuable than people who can't pour piss out of a boot with directions written on the bottom. Plumber's Creed: never chew your fingernails, shit flows downhill and payday is on Friday.

Last edited:

Scrap that, it seems silly for the corporate government to play wage control at all.

I agree. It doesn't matter what the MW is IMO because employment is a ladder not a bed you're not supposed to stay at the bottom rung your entire life

As long as employers can get away with paying crap, that is what is going to happen.

If people don't like what their employer is paying them they can find another job or acquire the skills needed to demand higher pay

only about 3% of all workers get paid the federal MW and in that 3% are service workers who get tips

so I hate to break it to you but this is not the problem you are making it out to be

Three million American workers are at or near minimum wage. THREE MILLION. Pretty bleak for the richest country in the world.

But Baristas make more revenue for their employer. Besides, any corn hole can do all three jobs......Even you!

Small business and corporations have seen their wealth increase $13 trillion in the last eight years

Almost none of that wealth went to increase wages

Employee compensation is up from $7.787 trillion in 2009 to $9.693 trillion last year.

Wages and salaries are up from $6.251 trillion to $7.855 trillion over the same period.

From 2009-14, CEO compensation rose 54.3%, while private-sector production/non-supervisory workers rose 0.0%.

Top CEOs Make 300 Times More than Typical Workers: Pay Growth Surpasses Stock Gains and Wage Growth of Top 0.1 Percent

Employees.

Sure. The former CEO of Walls Fargo took a great 'you're fired' compensation package. You think that should be counted as a workers salary?

Three million American workers are at or near minimum wage. THREE MILLION. Pretty bleak for the richest country in the world.

3 million out of over 350 million OH MY GAWWWWWD

But Baristas make more revenue for their employer. Besides, any corn hole can do all three jobs......Even you!

Really? You can wire and plumb a house to code?

I know I can because I wired and plumbed my own house you on the other hand I don't think you can

Three million American workers are at or near minimum wage. THREE MILLION.

We don't live in Lake Wobegone.

Pretty bleak for the richest country in the world.

If you raise it to $10 or $15, many multiples of 3 million would be at or near minimum wage.
You'd be making it even bleaker!!!

A statement which proves you are a sociopath.

I know I can because I wired and plumbed my own house you on the other hand I don't think you can

With a minimal amount of instruction, anyone can do what you did.

If you raise it to $10 or $15, many multiples of 3 million would be at or near minimum wage.

I care about the three million people. You, not so much. Sociopath.

Except $15.00/hr is closer to where minimum should be, $23.50/hr. More money spent by the middle class, the faster the economy will improve.

A statement which proves you are a sociopath.

tell you what if you're so rich (yeah right) and you care sooooo much then you hire all those people making MW and pay them all 100K a year if you don't then you just don't give a shit about people

With a minimal amount of instruction, anyone can do what you did.

Then why is there a shortage of skilled labor? If it's soooo easy why bother to get a worthless BS in Psych and work as a counter schlep at Starbucks?

Except $15.00/hr is closer to where minimum should be, $23.50/hr. More money spent by the middle class, the faster the economy will improve.
Then you hire people to sweep your floors for 25 an hour. If you don't not only are you a hypocrite but by your definition you are a sociopath

Last edited:

I care about the three million people.

Say you double the minimum wage. Now more than 3 million people will be making minimum wage.

Won't that be worse?

Except $15.00/hr is closer to where minimum should be, $23.50/hr.

Oh, yeah, your bad calculation. Still funny.

More money spent by the middle class

Why do you feel the bottom 2% of earners are middle class?

I know how to sweat pipe but was never employed as a plumber but was a plumber's assistant. I know the NEC like the back of my hand that I self-studied. I took a test to be an electrician at a big factory and missed one question. I said I did not miss the question and proved it to the Master's Degree Electrical Engineer using the National Electric Code book. He hired me and changed the answer and we became good friends.

Forum List

Back