What Would A Romney Administration do?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Cammmpbell, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Cammmpbell

Cammmpbell Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +517
    It's already in the book.....more tax cuts for corporations and the wealthy. George Herbert Walker Bush called "Trickle Down" Voodoo Economics. I also know the idea never worked...not for a minute. After Reagan's tax cuts I remember a TV commercial which showed the annual gain for an ordinary middle class worker and a millionaire. In a years time the millionaire could use his/hers to buy a new Mercedes and the middle class worker had enough to buy a muffler for it.

Reagan assumed a manageable fiscal situation, gave his tax cuts, emptied mental hospitals and we saw many of the patients end up homeless, on the streets. Then he borrowed two trillion dollars on his way to he and Bush41 quadrupling the national debt to more than $4 trillion.....back in debt the way we were after the second world war.

Clinton came in, raised taxes while the Republicans were yelling that we would end up in a depression then created 22 million new jobs, balanced the budget, generated some surpluses in fy's 1999, 2000, 2001 and had things on track to completely eliminate the debt by this year. Bush43 took over, cut taxes twice, started two wars 10,000 miles away, ran them with emergency spending bills(off budget) and doubled the debt again. TRICKLE DOWN DOESN'T WORK UNLESS ONE CONSIDERS IT WARM PISS RUNNING DOWN THE WORKING MAN'S BACK. Make note of what happened after George Bush's tax cuts in 2001 and 2003:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  2. LordBrownTrout

LordBrownTrout Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,352
    We know what an O admin would do and people are flocking away in droves. One other thing, Clinton had the tech dot com boom going.

3. bodecea

bodecea Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,645
    They are?

4. LordBrownTrout

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,352
    Yes.

5. TNHarley

TNHarley Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,540
    Where has he said he is cutting taxes on the wealthy? I remember him saying he is not touching them and closing loop holes. Why don't you look at his plan instead of shitting out BS

6. Cammmpbell

Cammmpbell Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +517
    LOL

I guess you ignored the Bush41 recession he inheirited

7. LordBrownTrout

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,352
    Not at all. Bush 41 lost mainly because of employment above 7 percent, broken promises "no new taxes" etc.

8. martybegan

martybegan Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,915
    Also Ross Perot.

9. Navy1960

Navy1960 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    I have thought about this myself and to be honest, I don't see Gov. Romney or President Obama getting much done with a divided Senate regardless of what both of them want to do. While a President Romney might be able to cut off funding for programs etc. , he will no doubt face a hostile Senate in the opposite direction. Sadly because of the divide between the parties in this nation , both of these men face a well entrenched congress that is at odds with one another so it's doubtful that any big legislation will make it's way through without a sudden change of heart from both sides.

10. Soggy in NOLA

Soggy in NOLA Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,415
    No doubt they would sew all women's vaginas shut, shut down all abortion clinics and mandate that all dogs be crated and tied to the roofs of cars.