What Would A Romney Administration do?

Cammmpbell

Sep 13, 2011
It's already in the book.....more tax cuts for corporations and the wealthy. George Herbert Walker Bush called "Trickle Down" Voodoo Economics. I also know the idea never worked...not for a minute. After Reagan's tax cuts I remember a TV commercial which showed the annual gain for an ordinary middle class worker and a millionaire. In a years time the millionaire could use his/hers to buy a new Mercedes and the middle class worker had enough to buy a muffler for it.

Reagan assumed a manageable fiscal situation, gave his tax cuts, emptied mental hospitals and we saw many of the patients end up homeless, on the streets. Then he borrowed two trillion dollars on his way to he and Bush41 quadrupling the national debt to more than $4 trillion.....back in debt the way we were after the second world war.

Clinton came in, raised taxes while the Republicans were yelling that we would end up in a depression then created 22 million new jobs, balanced the budget, generated some surpluses in fy's 1999, 2000, 2001 and had things on track to completely eliminate the debt by this year. Bush43 took over, cut taxes twice, started two wars 10,000 miles away, ran them with emergency spending bills(off budget) and doubled the debt again. TRICKLE DOWN DOESN'T WORK UNLESS ONE CONSIDERS IT WARM PISS RUNNING DOWN THE WORKING MAN'S BACK. Make note of what happened after George Bush's tax cuts in 2001 and 2003:

image4297.jpg

Last edited:
It's already in the book.....more tax cuts for corporations and the wealthy. George Herbert Walker Bush called "Trickle Down" Voodoo Economics. I also know the idea never worked...not for a minute. After Reagan's tax cuts I remember a TV commercial which showed the annual gain for an ordinary middle class worker and a millionaire. In a years time the millionaire could use his/hers to buy a new Mercedes and the middle class worker had enough to buy a muffler for it.

Reagan assumed a manageable fiscal situation, gave his tax cuts, emptied mental hospitals and we saw many of the patients end up homeless, on the streets. Then he borrowed two trillion dollars on his way to he and Bush41 quadrupling the national debt to more than $4 trillion.....back in debt the way we were after the second world war.

Clinton came in, raised taxes while the Republicans were yelling that we would end up in a depression then created 22 million new jobs, balanced the budget, generated some surpluses in fy's 1999, 2000, 2001 and had things on track to completely eliminate the debt by this year. Bush43 took over, cut taxes twice, started two wars 10,000 miles away, ran them with emergency spending bills(off budget) and doubled the debt again. TRICKLE DOWN DOESN'T WORK UNLESS ONE CONSIDERS IT WARM PISS RUNNING DOWN THE WORKING MAN'S BACK!!

Where has he said he is cutting taxes on the wealthy? I remember him saying he is not touching them and closing loop holes. Why don't you look at his plan instead of shitting out BS

I have thought about this myself and to be honest, I don't see Gov. Romney or President Obama getting much done with a divided Senate regardless of what both of them want to do. While a President Romney might be able to cut off funding for programs etc. , he will no doubt face a hostile Senate in the opposite direction. Sadly because of the divide between the parties in this nation , both of these men face a well entrenched congress that is at odds with one another so it's doubtful that any big legislation will make it's way through without a sudden change of heart from both sides.

No doubt they would sew all women's vaginas shut, shut down all abortion clinics and mandate that all dogs be crated and tied to the roofs of cars.

It's a simple fact, employees do not make money unless the company makes money.
The more successful the company the more people it employees.
The more roadblocks ( Taxes and regulations) we put on companies reduce it's success
We should do all we can to promote successful business
Businesses are not like the government, they will make money ( the more money they make, the more people they employ) or they will close and nobody has a job.
More government involvement is not the answer to more jobs.

We know what an O admin would do and people are flocking away in droves. One other thing, Clinton had the tech dot com boom going.

LOL

I guess you ignored the Bush41 recession he inheirited

Not at all. Bush 41 lost mainly because of employment above 7 percent, broken promises "no new taxes" etc.

The unemployment now is very near the same thing and Obama is about to kick the elephant's ass:

stock-photo-democrat-represented-by-a-donkey-kicking-the-republican-represented-by-an-elephant-political-humor-2153540.jpg

Last edited:
In order to show bipartisanship the first two things the new administration should do is implore industry to turn out all the dirty air and dirty water they possibly can. That way the Dimocrats won't look like the lying a-holes they really are, and they'll learn to start trusting the new president and his team.

In order to show bipartisanship the first two things the new administration should do is implore industry to turn out all the dirty air and dirty water they possibly can. That way the Dimocrats won't look like the lying a-holes they really are, and they'll learn to start trusting the new president and his team.

Business aren't going to do that. There are already laws and regulations in place to protect us. The problem with regulations and taxed is the word MORE. The government always wants More More More regulation and Taxes . Only the government would tax and regulate an industry out of business then feel it has done a good thing as long as it can send out enough unemployment checks and food stamps. With enough of that kind of thinking and we are going to run out of rich people to tax then what are we going to do. I guess making sure everyone had a job would be too much to ask for. I guess having a healthy business environment is something only a Republican can respect.

LOL

I guess you ignored the Bush41 recession he inheirited

Not at all. Bush 41 lost mainly because of employment above 7 percent, broken promises "no new taxes" etc.

The unemployment now is very near the same thing and Obama is about to kick the elephant's ass:

stock-photo-democrat-represented-by-a-donkey-kicking-the-republican-represented-by-an-elephant-political-humor-2153540.jpg

Yes, no doubt Americans have grown fond of 14% real unemployment, record debt & deficits and America's first credit downgrade and slumping home prices coupled with 2% GDP.

:lol:

He's gonna be resoundingly fired next Tuesday.

You should have been around in the 1950's and 60's. The first 9 1/2 years of my 41 year career with Union Carbide Corp. I was a process operator in the Oak Ridge Gaseous Diffusion Plant(ORGDP) I saw operators use a 16" spade and shovel uo2f2 like it was dirt. The green powder was everywhere and the smell of flourine was so strong that some days when the atmosphere was thick and heavy there was enough to cause burning nostrils and sore throats. There was no EPA, No OSHA, no regulation on the way we worked at all. If some technical man came up with a quicker way to do something guess what? We did it. We did not have any protective clothing, no masks, no shoe covers...nothing. There was absolutely no way to monitor the amount of toxic radiation or indeed if anyone was even exposed or not. Once in an emergency spill when an operator was hooking up a ten ton cylinder of feed material the copper pig tail broke in two and all of the material escaped into the nine buildings which made up the K-27 plant at the K-25 site. They selected about 100 of us, divided us into four shifts and we proceeded to clean up the worst mess in the history of that plant...the record held until the plant was retired in 1985. It took us 24/7 from January till mid April. We ran so many vacuum cleaners that circuit breakers tripped repeatedly so we stationed a man at the panel with nothing to do but reset them when they tripped. Thousands of full bags were lableled "Class D Household Filth" with no radiation or toxin markings or warnings of any kind and you can bet that the uranium bi-products ended up in a land fill somewhere.

The local safety department consisted of a dozen employees who all worked day shift and the only things I ever saw them do was come up with fancy slogans about safety and pass out safety awards every time we set a new record for employee hours without a lost time accident. Companies will do whatever they can get away with. If unregulated they will kill people a hundred different ways if that's what it takes to out perform the competition..

In 1974 after some regulation of the process began each employee was issued a film badge and periodically the badge was swapped and sent for analysis. For 30 years there was nothing. For nearly 40 years now the Department Of Labor has been awarding sick employees a big $140K settlement...often postumously to the survivors. I guess that's what they figured a life was worth...after they were forced to do something. I wouldn't trust any corporation in the shit house with a muzzle on. When heads are turned they will do anything to complete a mission or generate a larger bottom line profilt.

Last edited:
The definition of insanity is repeating the same process over and over expecting a different outcome. Obama has had 4 years, accomplished nothing, still can't tell the truth, still blames everyone else for his miserable failures. It's time for change, a time to cease with class warfare, a time to get this country headed in the right direction. Let me make it simple, 4 more years of bull shit will result in nothing more than a larger pile of bull shit.

Higher taxes on everyone makes the country more prosperous.........Every progressive lunatic understands this......

I have thought about this myself and to be honest, I don't see Gov. Romney or President Obama getting much done with a divided Senate regardless of what both of them want to do. While a President Romney might be able to cut off funding for programs etc. , he will no doubt face a hostile Senate in the opposite direction. Sadly because of the divide between the parties in this nation , both of these men face a well entrenched congress that is at odds with one another so it's doubtful that any big legislation will make it's way through without a sudden change of heart from both sides.

I would like a majority it the senate, but I would accept a 50/50 split. With at least a tie the budget changes the republicans want can be accomplished using budget reconsiliation, the same tactics the commiecrats used to push Maobamacare.

The definition of insanity is repeating the same process over and over expecting a different outcome. Obama has had 4 years, accomplished nothing, still can't tell the truth, still blames everyone else for his miserable failures. It's time for change, a time to cease with class warfare, a time to get this country headed in the right direction. Let me make it simple, 4 more years of bull shit will result in nothing more than a larger pile of bull shit.

I suggest you get used to him:

DonkeyKicksElephantLic1b.jpg

Forum List

Back