What will Trump do about gun control?

We saw the carnage created by semi-automatic long rifles with legal conversion kit converting them to an automatic weapon; 59 dead, 500+ injured by an unskilled angry human in 10 minutes. What could he do in 20 minutes.
What good has one of these automatic weapons done if not used by the military or law enforcement. Not one good thing has been done.

What does Trump do?

What should be done which would have prevented this from happening? Please be specific. Thank you.

Bump stocks are legal. I had never heard of them before but I can see and hear what they do. I saw the video footage and heard the shots. I thought this guy had gotten automatic weapons. There is no reason for anyone but the police and military to have something like this. They should be regulated like automatic weapons.

The result of the excessive news coverage is that now millions of people who had no clue previously now know exactly how and how much it will cost to convert their semi-automatic rifle to one that simulates an automatic weapon.

What could go wrong?

Have you found a source to purchase the new fighter? How about one of the new Destroyers? Man, that 5" gun we had fore and aft would be considered a pop gun today.

Actually, a friend of mine who was killed in an air crash out West some years ago owned two MiG fighters here in Tallahassee. He had been a Navy pilot and some friends of his were as well. I understand that you cannot buy an American fighter but it is legal to buy a foreign made fighter. I understand that it had to be disarmed prior to delivery. Talk about video games with jet fighters! We got to be friends after he nearly hit me on my Harley. We were also in the same profession.

We saw the carnage created by semi-automatic long rifles with legal conversion kit converting them to an automatic weapon; 59 dead, 500+ injured by an unskilled angry human in 10 minutes. What could he do in 20 minutes.
What good has one of these automatic weapons done if not used by the military or law enforcement. Not one good thing has been done.

What does Trump do?
First he has to make sure that immigrants are carefully vetted before coming into this country, because the shooter's girlfriend probably have had some ties to Islamic extremist organizations.

Las Vegas shooter sent $100K to Philippines before massacre

Opinion | How ISIS Grew in the Philippines

They are a terrible hunting weapon. One either has to wander around with the weapon cocked, relying on the safety, which itself will make a click when taken off, or cock it when expecting to shoot, scaring everything within earshot. Usually their triggers are shit as well. A bolt action carried in the semi closed position is safe and can be closed quietly, with a perfect trigger.

Semis are crap for hunting, nor can I see much use for their firepower in the US where there are limits on game. It's not as if you're allowed to open up on a herd and flatten the lot.

Which of these guns are NOT semi-automatic?

All%20semi%20auto%20one_round-M.jpg

ry

What does Trump do?

1. It is Illegal to convert a semi-automatic weapon to a fully automatic weapon.

Because there are conversion kits does not mean it is legal to convert the Semi-automatic weapon.

2. It is not legal to own a fully automatic weapon without a permit and the requirements to obtain the permit is strict already and not everyone can obtain one.

So why is it that the left does not know this when discussing the issue?

How many laws do the criminals follow and do you really believe banning firearms will stop the criminal?

If so then ask yourself why didn't it stop the shooter in Vegas?

Simple, he did not care about the law!

Also Congress need to pass the Law and Trump has nothing to do with it except sign it into law or veto it.

Your question is to Ryan and McConnell and what will they do?

The answer is the same thing Democrats did from 2009 to 2011 and that is nothing.
Why does anyone except military and law enforcement need a semi-automatic weapon.

I can think of a hundred reasons ... pick a number. Your question belies a level of ignorance about guns.

ry

What does Trump do?

1. It is Illegal to convert a semi-automatic weapon to a fully automatic weapon.

Because there are conversion kits does not mean it is legal to convert the Semi-automatic weapon.

2. It is not legal to own a fully automatic weapon without a permit and the requirements to obtain the permit is strict already and not everyone can obtain one.

How many laws do the criminals follow and do you really believe banning firearms will stop the criminal?

Also Congress need to pass the Law and Trump has nothing to do with it except sign it into law or veto it.

The answer is the same thing Democrats did from 2009 to 2011 and that is nothing.
Why does anyone except military and law enforcement need a semi-automatic weapon.

Because I want to be just as well armed as the government that will be trying to kill me. That's why. And that is the reason the Founders wrote the Amendment in the first place. It ain't about hunting dude, it's about being able to remove an illegitimate government.

Have you found a source to purchase the new fighter? How about one of the new Destroyers? Man, that 5" gun we had fore and aft would be considered a pop gun today.

Here you go. Seems you don't know very much about big boys and their toys.

Amazing, and do the big boys have command and control, intel and supply?

What does Trump do?

Bump stocks are legal. I had never heard of them before but I can see and hear what they do. I saw the video footage and heard the shots. I thought this guy had gotten automatic weapons. There is no reason for anyone but the police and military to have something like this. They should be regulated like automatic weapons.

It is not legal to convert a Semi-automatic weapon to a fully automatic weapon and because bumb stocks and conversion kits exist does not mean what the shooter did to modify his firearm was legal.

So go after the bumb stock and conversion kits that allow semi-automatic weapons to act like a fully automatic weapon.

There is a significant different between auto-fire and rapid-fire.

Bump stocks do NOT turn a semi-automatic rifle into an automatic rifle. They DO allow the gun to cycle faster, and thus shoot faster, but each shot requires a definitive trigger pull. In effect, the bump stock "bumps" the trigger back into position quicker. The bump stock simply harnesses the recoil, and makes the gun/trigger available to be fired sooner. The bump stock, however, makes the gun extremely less accurate.

What does Trump do?
None of the police forces I know of use automatic weapons and the Military mostly uses them for covering fire. Automatic fire is not very accurate.
Auto fire is used for the noise and disruption it makes - not for accuracy. The odds of killing something on auto fire isn't very high. Semi-auto is designed to put quality shots on target in the shortest possible time.

What does Trump do?

What should be done which would have prevented this from happening? Please be specific. Thank you.
Thank you for an adult question - which won't be handled by adults here, I suspect.

In order to FIX the problem, you first have to IDENTIFY the problem. The gun is not the problem. The shooter is the problem. Therefore, you must address the shooter. It is nonsensical to think that restricting guns is going to mask the real problem - the shooter.

Once we do that, we realize the magnitude of the problem. We need to develop a database of all people receiving mental health treatments. This must be part of the background process. During that review, a determination of allowing that person a gun must be evaluated. People prone to depression, suicide, fits of anger, domestic abuse, drug addicts, and criminals must be closely evaluated.

ALL gun sales must be subject to "background" checks. While I realize that the majority of gun sales are between individuals, the sale must be processed thru an authorized dealer so that it can be subject to the background check.

That will serve to greatly restrict the flow of guns into the hands of the mentally predisposed. Of course, none of these will be effective. Laws only work for the law abiding.

The result of the excessive news coverage is that now millions of people who had no clue previously now know exactly how and how much it will cost to convert their semi-automatic rifle to one that simulates an automatic weapon.

What could go wrong?
Probably no coincidence that the sale of bump stocks has spiked since the shooting.

Trump will accept a high frequency of mass shootings as the price to cater to his base. His base is happy to accept mass shootings as the price of easy access to firearms. You're helpless to change anything. Helpless.

We don't need Trump or his "base" for that. We already have a high frequency of mass shootings in many democratically-run cities like Rahm Emmanuel's Chicago. His base the Democrats are happy to accept more deaths and shootings than we have in some of our foreign wars! They are less important to the liberal elite than Democratic power and control.

Because I want to be just as well armed as the government that will be trying to kill me. That's why. And that is the reason the Founders wrote the Amendment in the first place. It ain't about hunting dude, it's about being able to remove an illegitimate government.
It's about slave states being able to mount armed slave patrols.

Funny how you progressives will admit that the 1st Amendment through the 9th are all INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS, but the 2nd, isn't. The 10th States that whatever is not an INDIVIDUAL RIGHT, is reserved for the individual States. See that INDIVIDUAL RIGHT wording? A State doesn't need a RIGHT, it is POWER. PEOPLE need RIGHTS. Not governments.

Whatever is not reserved as an Individual Right is reserved as a power to the States. Whatever is not reserved by the States goes to the Federal government. In its origin, the United STATES was intended that the STATES hold most of the power, and only those few global issues left such as border control, national security, etc., went to the Fed.

Jump 240 years later and now the Fed has usurped all kinds of powers never intended it, most of them stolen from the States. The Fed has made itself into this huge overlord under which the States must cower, when it is supposed to be the other way around. Is it any wonder the USA is now in this topsy turvy confusion? If not for the now bloated and vast spending of the Fed, we might actually have a balanced budget.

You don't know shit about guns.
I've slaughtered thousands with rifle and shotgun. No limits or seasons or tags or any of that crap here.

^^^ Moron ^^^

I will note the cognitive dissonance of LW-Progs who claim that police murder innocent people, yet want gun control which leads to outright bans/confiscation. As you think Trump = Hitler, why would you want to militarize the police and to ensure that only the government and criminals have guns?

It's about slave states being able to mount armed slave patrols.

Funny how you progressives will admit that the 1st Amendment through the 9th are all INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS, but the 2nd, isn't. The 10th States that whatever is not an INDIVIDUAL RIGHT, is reserved for the individual States. See that INDIVIDUAL RIGHT wording? A State doesn't need a RIGHT, it is POWER. PEOPLE need RIGHTS. Not governments.

Whatever is not reserved as an Individual Right is reserved as a power to the States. Whatever is not reserved by the States goes to the Federal government. In its origin, the United STATES was intended that the STATES hold most of the power, and only those few global issues left such as border control, national security, etc., went to the Fed.

Jump 240 years later and now the Fed has usurped all kinds of powers never intended it, most of them stolen from the States. The Fed has made itself into this huge overlord under which the States must cower, when it is supposed to be the other way around. Is it any wonder the USA is now in this topsy turvy confusion? If not for the now bloated and vast spending of the Fed, we might actually have a balanced budget.
Ever so wrong ... amazingly wrong.

Perhaps you need to review the 10th Amendment. " Reserved Powers. The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people." The Federal government can only exercise those powers as specifically defined by the Constitution, or allocated to it by the states. The postal service is an excellent example of a non-enumerated power being allocated to the federal government. It was not originally a federal responsibility, but the states assigned their authority to the federal government.

The converse of that is also true ----- any power not specifically allocated to the federal government, nor assigned to the states is reserved by the people. The people have the final determination of the allocation of power, both between the three branches of the federal government, but also between the states and the federal government.

Jump 240 years later, and you are right - the Federal government has usurped the powers of the states, and are continuing to move on individual powers, mainly under the guise of the "general welfare" clause, which they have bastardized to mean "anything we want to do".

Bullshit.
Look at my location. I'd say you are the one who doesn't know anything about hunting if you think a semi is good for sneaking through the bush after animals.
Carried a semi-automatic (Winchester .308) hunting on three continents for over 40 years --- NEVER - and I mean never - lost an animal because of noise from the gun. Closest I ever got was 15 yards from a black bear in Alaska,and about 20 yards to an elk in Colorado. If you don't know how to handle the hunting environment, maybe you should stick to the shooting gallery at the State Fair.

They're all crap for hunting. Especially that semi auto shotgun. I got rid of my Benelli inertia operated semi after a couple of months and went back to an under and over. Semis are unsafe for wandering around over rough ground, they may be useful from the back of a ute. Too, they malfunction with crappy reloads. Under and overs can be carried broken then flicked closed in a milli second and they always go bang when the trigger is pulled no matter what rubbish has been put in the chambers.

They're all crap for hunting. Especially that semi auto shotgun. I got rid of my Benelli inertia operated semi after a couple of months and went back to an under and over. Semis are unsafe for wandering around over rough ground, they may be useful from the back of a ute. Too, they malfunction with crappy reloads. Under and overs can be carried broken then flicked closed in a milli second and they always go bang when the trigger is pulled no matter what rubbish has been put in the chambers.

They are called OVER/UNDER's. Just sayin......:eusa_whistle:

Carried a semi-automatic (Winchester .308) hunting on three continents for over 40 years --- NEVER - and I mean never - lost an animal because of noise from the gun.
I guess you didn't get close to many if you wandered around with the safety on.

Forum List

Back