What will it take to secure the border

LilOlLady

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2009
Reno, NV
WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO SECURE THE BORDER
And how long will it take.

As long as I can remember and before, and I am 72 and raised in Eloy, Arizona, Pinal County, illegal aliens have been crossing the border and some carrying drugs that got American addicted and destroyed lives. Mexico did not care then because it did not affect Mexico. Had it not been for drugs crossing the southern border we would not have the addiction now and now that is is affecting Mexico they care. Mexico got Americans addicted on drugs and not the addiction that cause the escalation of drug smuggling as Calderone want to place the blame.
In the early 50s I saw my neighbor cook and inject himself with drugs brought across the border by illegal aliens. He is clean not and so is his brother and they are both over 75 years old. Now it has spread across the nation leaving a trail of destruction. No one cared and no one really cares now.
The border is not secure because no one in Government want is secure. Like Lawrence O’Donnell say. We need the border open so immigrants can enter. B.B.S.

We need a president who will seal it.... period

Newt promises to by 1-1-14

One more thing..... Mexico didnt get Americans hooked on drugs. Americans did that ALL by themselves. Stop making excuses for BAD behavior.

We need a president who will seal it.... period

Newt promises to by 1-1-14

One more thing..... Mexico didnt get Americans hooked on drugs. Americans did that ALL by themselves. Stop making excuses for BAD behavior.

One cannot become addicted to drugs if they cannot get them. They have been coming across the border for a hundren years. We do not grow plants that produce cocaine and herion. Most of the Meth come from Mexico. I am not making excuses but saying that Mexico is as much to blame for letting it cross the border to it's neighbor.
Dr. Murray has just been held responsible for the "bad behavior" of Michael Jackson. Drug addiction is not "bad behavior."
Mexico provided the drugs that Americans got hooked on.

WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO SECURE THE BORDER

A prosperous Mexico... No matter how high you build a wall, how violent we become towards border crossers, or how vigilant our border patrol's actions get the only way the flow of illegal immigrants will slow or stop is if Mexico becomes viable towards it's lower/middle class citizens.
Needless to say, I don't see that happening in my lifetime...

Stop all public benefits. Prosecute employers who hire them and landlords who shelter them. Stop all prosecution of those, civilians or agents who stop them.

Yes, I mean an American born son whose mamma or pappa comes here illegally and flops at his house. Put him in prison like anyone else. Or, deport anyone sheltering an illegal right along with the illegal.

Yes, I mean an American born son whose mamma or pappa comes here illegally and flops at his house. Put him in prison like anyone else. Or, deport anyone sheltering an illegal right along with the illegal.

Not gonna happen. We need practical solutions, not unrealistic emoting.

Illegal drugs are not the only problem in this country. Many of the big abuse drugs, are prescription drugs: i.e.-lortab, xanax, oxycontin,etc... We have "pill mills", or doctors who prescribe drugs that people want. Some don't even assess their patients.

While the cartels coming from the south are a huge problem, they aren't the only problem.

Illegal drugs are not the only problem in this country. Many of the big abuse drugs, are prescription drugs: i.e.-lortab, xanax, oxycontin,etc... We have "pill mills", or doctors who prescribe drugs that people want. Some don't even assess their patients.

While the cartels coming from the south are a huge problem, they aren't the only problem.

That is certainly no reason not to try and address the problem of drug traffic across our borders.

That is certainly no reason not to try and address the problem of drug traffic across our borders.

You won't get an argument from me about that. The drug cartels are one of the biggest national security issues that this country faces, right now.

Until someone figures out who the big wigs are that are benefiting from the extra cash, we are going to continue to see this problem. Those who are hiring the illegals need to be made an example of with huge fines for back taxes and just for being the pompous pricks that they are. And a couple of years in prison to top it off would be good.

Someone, somewhere in our gov't is benefitting from these illegal drugs...probably many people. When we figure out who they are, and make an example out of them, THEN we can begin to get serious about securing the border.

So many politicians give lip service to immigration issues, and how we need to "build a fence". But one has to wonder how many of them have their hands in the cartel cookie jars.

I don't think it's a matter of being on the take from the cartels, I think it's a matter of pandering and political cowardice in not wanting to alienate a demographic.

I don't think it's a matter of being on the take from the cartels, I think it's a matter of pandering and political cowardice in not wanting to alienate a demographic.

I hope that you're right. There are people who are heavily involved in this, from a law enforcement standpoint. These cartels are ruthless and sophisticated. And we helped train some of them.

It will probably take military intervention, and less corruption by their gov't officials to even make a dent.

Military intervention would be a hell of a lot easier than eliminating corruption in Mexico.

In addition to the violence brought to America by the drug cartels. Illegal aliens are undocument. Once here where do they get documents to enter the workforce, schools, and welfare benefits?

In my opinion, since the Federal Gov has had it open border program in the increase of idenity theft is on the rise. Injurying thousands of Americans credit. These same American's are not given special treatment from the IRS at tax time. In most cases one who has had their idenity stolen have to pay taxes on work they did not recieve compensation for.

American children no longer have seat to sit on in the public classroom, because, of the illegal have taken their seats.

Employers keep wages low because they know they can get 100 illegals to do the job next to nothing.
Creating unfair competition. Employers who hire illegals have an advantage over their competitors. That is, their labor cost are cheap, no payroll taxes, no unemployment taxes, no workman's comp insurance overhead, no ssi taxes,...the list goes on and on. Yet at the same time these employers want the road infront of their business kept up, want the police department there when they need them, wants the city to collect their garbage, yet they don't want to pay the taxes for these public services to keep operating. Which in turn means more profits for them and less for the employers who play buy the rules. And Obama supports this mode of operation.

The borders need to be closes and all illegals need to be sent back. This is a plauseable outcome.

IMO, it will take Troops on the border to secure the border with instructions to shoot to kill. Those dumb illegal alien MFer’s can’t learn, won’t learn and refuse to learn.

Closing the border will cause a war with the drug cartels. We will have to set up bases and put multiple Troops on patrol in the Southern border states along with the Border Patrol. More Drones would help agents patrol the border too. Just pretend it’s Iraq…

The American taxpayers pick up every cent of incarcerating and lawyer fee and court cost of the illegal aliens and deporting them. Then the illegal just sneaks back into the country. They say it cost anywhere from $20,000.00 - $30,000.00 to deport one illegal alien. The government sure knows how to waste money!

We should let the private sector contract to deport illegals. Let them put them in tent cities and feed them baloney sandwiches and after they're processed put them on buses and trains going south and slow boats going other places. Then let the illegal aliens know that the military will shoot them if they come back.

We need to make use of the 3,000 Rex84 Fema Concentration Camps. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vxd_hsiZ1Ak"]FEMA Concentration camps in USA with Google Earth - Google REX - 84 - YouTube[/ame]

Round up the illegal alien men, women and children and put them in the barracks of the concentration camps and then ship them out to their countries of origin.

These Concentration Camps were built for mass deportation for the illegal aliens let's start using them! The American government has spent millions of hard earned taxpayers dollars building and maintaining these camps it's time to put them to use!

Seal the border? What is that going to do? Some of these people you are trying to keep out have been here for generations. I know what you mean. It is getting hard to tell who has been here for multiple generations, and the ones that just miraculously popped up over night and mix in with the Hispanics that actually have been here for years. We can't tell the difference between the two groups. I don't know were to go with that.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back