What will it take to secure the border

Discussion in 'Immigration/Illegal Immigration' started by LilOlLady, Nov 8, 2011.

1. LilOlLady

LilOlLady Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +761
    WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO SECURE THE BORDER
    And how long will it take.

As long as I can remember and before, and I am 72 and raised in Eloy, Arizona, Pinal County, illegal aliens have been crossing the border and some carrying drugs that got American addicted and destroyed lives. Mexico did not care then because it did not affect Mexico. Had it not been for drugs crossing the southern border we would not have the addiction now and now that is is affecting Mexico they care. Mexico got Americans addicted on drugs and not the addiction that cause the escalation of drug smuggling as Calderone want to place the blame.
    In the early 50s I saw my neighbor cook and inject himself with drugs brought across the border by illegal aliens. He is clean not and so is his brother and they are both over 75 years old. Now it has spread across the nation leaving a trail of destruction. No one cared and no one really cares now.
    The border is not secure because no one in Government want is secure. Like Lawrence O’Donnell say. We need the border open so immigrants can enter. B.B.S.

2. The Infidel

The Infidel EVIL CONSERVATIVE

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,173
    We need a president who will seal it.... period

Newt promises to by 1-1-14

One more thing..... Mexico didnt get Americans hooked on drugs. Americans did that ALL by themselves. Stop making excuses for BAD behavior.

3. Unkotare

Unkotare Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,894
    We don't need it "sealed," we need it secured.

4. LilOlLady

LilOlLady Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +761
    One cannot become addicted to drugs if they cannot get them. They have been coming across the border for a hundren years. We do not grow plants that produce cocaine and herion. Most of the Meth come from Mexico. I am not making excuses but saying that Mexico is as much to blame for letting it cross the border to it's neighbor.
    Dr. Murray has just been held responsible for the "bad behavior" of Michael Jackson. Drug addiction is not "bad behavior."
    Mexico provided the drugs that Americans got hooked on.

5. Nate

Nate VIP Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +153
    A prosperous Mexico... No matter how high you build a wall, how violent we become towards border crossers, or how vigilant our border patrol's actions get the only way the flow of illegal immigrants will slow or stop is if Mexico becomes viable towards it's lower/middle class citizens.
    Needless to say, I don't see that happening in my lifetime...

6. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    Stop all public benefits. Prosecute employers who hire them and landlords who shelter them. Stop all prosecution of those, civilians or agents who stop them.

7. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    Yes, I mean an American born son whose mamma or pappa comes here illegally and flops at his house. Put him in prison like anyone else. Or, deport anyone sheltering an illegal right along with the illegal.

8. Unkotare

Unkotare Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,894

Not gonna happen. We need practical solutions, not unrealistic emoting.

9. mskafka

mskafka Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    In a land where partisanship doesn't exist.
    Ratings:
    +235
    Illegal drugs are not the only problem in this country. Many of the big abuse drugs, are prescription drugs: i.e.-lortab, xanax, oxycontin,etc... We have "pill mills", or doctors who prescribe drugs that people want. Some don't even assess their patients.

While the cartels coming from the south are a huge problem, they aren't the only problem.

10. Unkotare

Unkotare Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,894
    That is certainly no reason not to try and address the problem of drug traffic across our borders.