What Was Jimmy Carter's Greatest Achievement?

Carter was presdient for 4 years. He signed many pieces of legislation and made many orders. What is he remembered for today? I can think of the Iran hostage crisis, Desert One, the malaise speech, and mandatory draft registration (I was in the first year of those who had to register). Other than that, not much.

Bonus: What will Obama be remembered for?

This is easy….he held the office until Ronald Reagan could win it. Then Reagan fixed the mess ups and put us back on top.

Yup. He was prez for four years and left a hell of a mess that Reagan cleaned up.

The best thing he did? That's Easy. It was to leave office. Good God. He's got to be the worst president this country has ever had.

Yup. He was prez for four years and left a hell of a mess that Reagan cleaned up.

The best thing he did? That's Easy. It was to leave office. Good God. He's got to be the worst president this country has ever had.

Naw, that would be George W. Bush. Carter only gave us a recession. Bush gave us two recessions, two wars, and let a major city get wiped out and a national landmark get destroyed.

Naw, that would be George W. Bush. Carter only gave us a recession. Bush gave us two recessions, two wars, and let a major city get wiped out and a national landmark get destroyed.

I disagree. Carter was the absolute worst president in this countries history.

While Bush was POTUS the economy boomed its was only at the end of his term that the bullshit from both parties finally caught up. And then Obama was more worried about foisting his ACA around the necks of the taxpayers than he was about fixing the economy.

As for the major city getting wiped out and a landmark destroyed that was all planned on Clinton's watch. Better spread your blame around on that one.

Yup. Carter left one hell of a mess which Reagan cleaned up and it didn't take him that long to do so.

Carter was presdient for 4 years. He signed many pieces of legislation and made many orders. What is he remembered for today? I can think of the Iran hostage crisis, Desert One, the malaise speech, and mandatory draft registration (I was in the first year of those who had to register). Other than that, not much.

The best thing carter did was get Reagan elected.

Gasoline lines, pretty much run a way inflation, Iran hostages and the malaise speech is what I remember most. I think the malaise speech did him in.

Obama will be remembered kindly because the liberals have already made up the history.

OK, how did Bush allow a major city to get wiped out and a landmark destroyed? This should really be good, how did Bush cause Katrina? Are hurricanes caused by BDS? How about Obama are we going to blame him for letting a storm destroy a lot of the East coast?

EDIT: Ok you must have meant 9/11, that makes you a little less of a loon but a loon none the less.

Truly if there were a reward for disjointed, knee jerk idiotic statement I think you have achieved greatness.

Last edited:
I finally remembered one good thing during the Carter years

We got Billy beer

:banana::banana::banana:

This is easy….he held the office until Ronald Reagan could win it. Then Reagan fixed the mess ups and put us back on top.

Almost

-Geaux

obama_epic_fail.jpg

I disagree. Carter was the absolute worst president in this countries history.

While Bush was POTUS the economy boomed its was only at the end of his term that the bullshit from both parties finally caught up. And then Obama was more worried about foisting his ACA around the necks of the taxpayers than he was about fixing the economy.

Isn't that kind of like saying "We were making excellent time until we crashed into the wall and the whole family burned in the fiery wreckage".

Point is, at the end of his term, his policies DID bring us the worst recession in 80 years.

As for the major city getting wiped out and a landmark destroyed that was all planned on Clinton's watch. Better spread your blame around on that one.

Uh, no, not really. Bush sat their and watched as Katrina bore down on NOLA and did nothing. Then tried to blame local officials for his incompetence. 9-11, the CIA specifically told him, "Bin Laden Determined to Strike US" that specifically mentioned airplanes.

Bush's response - "Well, you've covered your ass, then".

Bush was also the guy who decided to ignore the UN and his own Generals and go to war with Iraq over weapons that didn't exist.

But I'm going to play your game for a second. Let's hold Bush blameless for the bad stuff that happened on his watch. Let's even concede it was beyond his control.

How does Carter not get similar consideration? The thing was, the problem of "Stagflation" didn't start with Carter. It had been going on since Nixon between the drawdown that accompanied the end of Vietnam and the Oil Shock of 1974. Reagan continued his policy of using the fed to run up unemployment to control inflation. (The Unemployment rate was only 7.4% when Carter left office, it would peak at 11.3% in 1983 under Reagan.)

I mean, at some point, you have to hold Bush accountable for his own disastrous, stolen presidency.

OK, how did Bush allow a major city to get wiped out and a landmark destroyed? This should really be good, how did Bush cause Katrina? Are hurricanes caused by BDS? How about Obama are we going to blame him for letting a storm destroy a lot of the East coast?

Obama's response to Sandy was pretty good. Even Chris Christy had to admit as much.

Bush's response to Katrina was criminally inept. 1600 people died.

Obama's response to Sandy was pretty good. Even Chris Christy had to admit as much.

Bush's response to Katrina was criminally inept. 1600 people died.

Because they were to stupid to evacuate

Standing by for more lame excuses for personal failures down in NO

-Geaux

Because they were to stupid to evacuate

Standing by for more lame excuses for personal failures down in NO

Except the roads couldn't accommodate them all and there was nowhere for them to go.

But little details like that.

Probably would have helped if Horse Show Guy had sent relief supplies to the right place.

See post #130

Thanks

-Geaux

What did Jimmy Carter achieve?

Israel/Egypt peace accord
Balanced the budget
Got the Iran hostages home safely

What were his biggest failures?

Tried to resolve an economic crisis without borrowing
Tried too hard to appease everyone
Lack of strong leadership
Letting the Shah of Iran into the US

What did Jimmy Carter achieve?

Israel/Egypt peace accord
Balanced the budget
Got the Iran hostages home safely

What were his biggest failures?

Tried to resolve an economic crisis without borrowing
Tried too hard to appease everyone
Lack of strong leadership
Letting the Shah of Iran into the US

You do know RW that Jimmy busted his ass to get the hostages home before Ronnie became President..

I always felt sorry for him because he couldn't do it...

Thank god Reagan had morals and honor and had Mr. Carter greet the hostages at the Airport...

I knew then my elders elected a hell of a president ...

Mr. Carter from my perspective as a teen at the time listening to the radio ...it was a scary world with Mr. Carter boycotting the Olympics, with the failed hostage rescue attempt and seeing pictures of Iranian's scraping dead military men's skulls with knifes when their helicopters crashed.

I am mean my little world was great, my dad and mom loved eatch other, my dad always made great money...

But the outside world...that I listened to my AM radio every night was a mess.

It was fucked up.

Forum List

Back