What Was Jimmy Carter's Greatest Achievement?

Carter was presdient for 4 years. He signed many pieces of legislation and made many orders. What is he remembered for today? I can think of the Iran hostage crisis, Desert One, the malaise speech, and mandatory draft registration (I was in the first year of those who had to register). Other than that, not much.

Bonus: What will Obama be remembered for?

The long gas lines, the loss of Farms and Ranches.

How does that compare to the loss of the Savings and Loans under the Great One?

and what about Al Sharptons greatest accomplishment? I think it was the time he crapped 9 pounds of poop in his boxers when he got the runs in downtown Harlem and couldnt find a vacant mens room or a tree.

I think you're confusing that with Sarah Palin when she cut and ran from her job.

Yeah saving the taxpayers money of Alaska from frivolous law suits.

Carter was presdient for 4 years. He signed many pieces of legislation and made many orders. What is he remembered for today? I can think of the Iran hostage crisis, Desert One, the malaise speech, and mandatory draft registration (I was in the first year of those who had to register). Other than that, not much.

This is easy….he held the office until Ronald Reagan could win it. Then Reagan fixed the mess ups and put us back on top.

Yeah, Reagan supplied the Iranians with weapons. You know, the same guys who held Americans hostage for over a year? Way to fix up mess ups, Ronnie! Carter will be known for not starting any wars on countries weaker than USA is. Or on any countries at all actually. That's a rarity nowadays.

Carter destabilized the Middle East so badly we now have Iran about to get nuclear weapons...

The long gas lines, the loss of Farms and Ranches.

How does that compare to the loss of the Savings and Loans under the Great One?

Or Reagan's supplying the Afghanis with weapons, which they later on used against American troops. So now, this was two Muslim countries the gipper illegally supplied with weapons, counting Iran.

Last edited:
Carter destabilized the Middle East so badly we now have Iran about to get nuclear weapons...

Actually Eisenhower did that.
Not sure what planet you're posting from where things work that fast.

and like we all said in 2009, at least Jimmy Carter will die knowing he was no longer the dumbest President ever!

Carter graduated from Annapolis in the top ten percentile of his class. Later, he served on Rickover's Nuclear sub team. This would make him smarter than McCain, who graduated near the bottom and went on to wreck several airplanes. Probably setting a Navy record in that category. Nice try though, for someone like yourself who posts without any knowledge whatsoever.

OP- Not losing a single soldier in combat, a fight for human rights and democracy that led to the new democracies in Latin America and Gorbechev in the USSR, Camp David gave Israel and Egypt peace ever since. Too bad he didn't send another helo- we could have missed all the Reaganist disasters that continue to this day. See ME, sig.

He's responsible for the term, "misery index", becoming a real thing. Thought he'd hold the record of worst president forever, but then Obama came along.

How about Joe Bidens Greatest Accomplishment? anyone? any guesses?

Biden is an expert at doing something outlandishly stupid in order to divert attention away from whatever the Obama administration doesn't want us to see.

President Carter was the most honorable, or certainly one of the most honorable, presidents in U.S. history.
Bullshit. He was one of the biggest turds in history. Look at what his secret service detail said about him. A true asshole. No wonder you admire him.

I happened to sit across from Carter and his wife at lunch one day in Atlanta.

He was gracious with every person who came by, and invited friends who happened to be there to join them for lunch- he had a burger and a beer.

Just a snap shot- but frankly I was both impressed and surprised by both how down to earth he was- and how gracious he was with everyone in the place.

My biggest memory of Carter was the tremendous increase in inflation and the freezing of my paycheck.

I feel Obama will be noted for starting a race war in this country and giving comfort to our enemy overseas.

Forum List

Back