What Was Jimmy Carter's Greatest Achievement?

Bonus: What will Obama be remembered for?

For the most embarrassing First Lady.

1st-ladies.jpg

Oh, look a little race-baiting bigot came out to play.
You go, bigot.

In your stupid liberal mind the words "embarrassing" and "black" have the same meanings, don't they? But it's not me, who said that. So, who's the race-bating bigot, ha?

For the most embarrassing First Lady.

1st-ladies.jpg

Oh, look a little race-baiting bigot came out to play.
You go, bigot.

In your stupid liberal mind the words "embarrassing" and "black" have the same meanings, don't they? But it's not me, who said that. So, who's the race-bating bigot, ha?

What other possible meaning could your post have had?
You think, what, colour photography is "embarrassing"?

Wow.....I am seriously concerned about the historical ignorance regarding many posters on the right.

I am no huge fan of Carter's as President- but to not even know of the Camp David Accords? The OP asked for Carter's accomplishments and most of the posters so far have only displayed their ignorance of history.

As far as ex-President's- he is probably the most accomplished former President we have ever had- and I admire him much, much more for those accomplishments.

Wasn't sure whether the OP means accomplishments while in office, or accomplishments in life in general.
The latter obviously opens up a lot, from standing against racism in Georgia state government to travelling to Cuba and addressing that nation with criticism of its record on human rights --- delivered on national television, in Spanish.

and what about Al Sharptons greatest accomplishment? I think it was the time he crapped 9 pounds of poop in his boxers when he got the runs in downtown Harlem and couldnt find a vacant mens room or a tree.

Carter was presdient for 4 years. He signed many pieces of legislation and made many orders. What is he remembered for today? I can think of the Iran hostage crisis, Desert One, the malaise speech, and mandatory draft registration (I was in the first year of those who had to register). Other than that, not much.

Carter was among the top five worst presidents.

One positive achievement he made was the largest military pay raise in history.
Bullshit.
That was under Reagan. I had friends who military at the time and they told me that. Carter cut the military after Vietnam.

President Carter was the most honorable, or certainly one of the most honorable, presidents in U.S. history.
Bullshit. He was one of the biggest turds in history. Look at what his secret service detail said about him. A true asshole. No wonder you admire him.

Carter's foundation has essentially eliminated Guinea Worm from the planet, a feat on par with eliminating smallpox.

So, what have you Carter-haters done for the world?
Voted in Ronald Reagan in 1980.

I asked about Carter's achievement as president, dumbass.

Carter was presdient for 4 years. He signed many pieces of legislation and made many orders. What is he remembered for today? I can think of the Iran hostage crisis, Desert One, the malaise speech, and mandatory draft registration (I was in the first year of those who had to register). Other than that, not much.

Camp David. One of the very few things he did right.
Yes brokering the peace treaty between Israel and Egypt. I have to give him that one.
Everything else was shit.

Carter was among the top five worst presidents.

One positive achievement he made was the largest military pay raise in history.
Bullshit.
That was under Reagan. I had friends who military at the time and they told me that. Carter cut the military after Vietnam.

Dummy, why don't you verify before you look stupid as hell.

"By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, it is hereby ordered as follows:

1-1. Adjusted Rates of Pay and Allowances.

1-101. Statutory Pay Systems. Pursuant to the provisions of subchapter I of Chapter 53 of Title 5 of the United States Code, the rates of basic pay and salaries are adjusted, as set forth at the schedules attached hereto and made a part hereof, for the following statutory pay systems:

(a) The General Schedule (5 U.S.C. 5332(a) ) at Schedule 1;

(b) the schedules for the Foreign Service (22 U.S.C. 867 and 870(a) ) at Schedule 2; and

(c) the schedules for the Department of Medicine and Surgery, Veterans Administration (38 U.S.C. 4107) at Schedule 3.

1-102. Pay and Allowances for Members of the Uniformed Services. Pursuant to the provisions of Section 1009 of Title 37 of the United States Code, the rates of monthly basic pay (37 U.S.C. 203 (a) and (c)), the rates of basic allowances for subsistence (37 U.S.C. 402), and the rates of basic allowances for quarters (37 U.S.C. 403(a) ) are adjusted, as set forth at Schedule 4 attached hereto and made a part hereof, for members of the uniformed services.

1-103. Executive Salaries. The Executive Salary Cost of Living Adjustment Act (Public Law 94-82, 89 Stat. 419) provides for adjustments in the rates of pay and salaries as set forth at the schedules attached hereto and made a part hereof, for the following:

(a) The Vice President (3 U.S.C. 104) and the Executive Schedule (5 U.S.C. 5312-5316) at Schedule 5;

(b) Congressional Salaries (2 U.S.C. 31) at Schedule 6; and

(c) Judicial Salaries (28 U.S.C. 5, 44

(d), 135, 173, 213, 252, 792(b) and 11 U.S.C. 68(a) ), at Schedule 7.

1-2. General Provisions

1-201. Effective Date. The adjustments in rates of monthly basic pay and allowances for subsistence and quarters for members of the uniformed services shall be effective on October 1, 1978. All other adjustments of salary or pay shall be effective on the first day of the first applicable pay period beginning on or after October 1, 1978.

1-202. Superseded Orders. Executive Order No. 12010 of September 28, 1977 is superseded.

JIMMY CARTER
The White House,
October 7, 1978.

[Filed with the Office of the Federal Register, 10:05 a.m., October 10, 1978]

President Carter was the most honorable, or certainly one of the most honorable, presidents in U.S. history.
Bullshit. He was one of the biggest turds in history. Look at what his secret service detail said about him. A true asshole. No wonder you admire him.

Nice. It takes a special asshole to badmouth someone dying of brain cancer. Something you will never have to worry about.

Nice. It takes a special asshole to badmouth someone dying of brain cancer. Something you will never have to worry about.

It probably takes an asshole special enough to walk around here under an avatar featuring a slave trader responsible for the Fort Pillow massacre of black prisoners.

Oh look -- voilà.

The long gas lines, the loss of Farms and Ranches.

It probably takes an asshole special enough to walk around here under an avatar featuring a slave trader responsible for the Fort Pillow massacre of black prisoners.

Oh look -- voilà.

People who use the avatar of a mass murderer are likely clueless so it really doesn't matter, does it?

Forum List

Back