What to tell a person about politics in the 18-26 age group?

The2ndAmendment

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2013
In a dependant and enslaved country.
We grew up under Bush, a terrible president who started wars and let Clinton's repeal of Glass-Steagal go full retard.

Many of us, myself included, voted for Obama, because he said he'd repeal the Patriot Act, bring some sort of stability to the Middle East (including ending the wars) and be transparent.

Instead we got the Patriot Act on steroids, the Middle East burning down, and the least transparent presidency ever.

If an establishment Republican or Democrat wins again, they'll make Obama look like a saint, just like Obama made Bush look like a saint.

Why should people in my age group even vote or give a shit, since apparently it doesn't matter?

Why should people in my age group even vote or give a shit, since apparently it doesn't matter?
Democracy is dead, and governments are elected by media manipulation, corruption, and deception. That about sums up the political system in every western country.

If they don't give a shit, then they realize already that they have no real chance to change the country, which is very sad.

Not their fault though that they can't find reason to participate, as it is past generations that screwed it up for this one.

Don't tell them anything except "Get back to work! You've $19 trillion to pay off, and 100 million worthless deadbeat democrats and illegal aliens who won't work, who've never worked in their entire lives, who expect you to support them."
You're forgetting the corporate welfare, as big pharma and agriculture firms exist on vast government subsidies. Oh, and the perpetual foreign engagement debt from fighting terrorism overseas.

The boomers screwed you out of a future, you are fucked unless you can quickly wrest power from the twentieth century bastards and do what you know is right before they beat your idealism into passive cynicism.

The boomers screwed you out of a future, you are fucked unless you can quickly wrest power from the twentieth century bastards and do what you know is right before they beat your idealism into passive cynicism.

Oddly, I've heard of couple of people around my age say they wish everyone over 50+ would die, simply for job opportunities. The conversation came up when discussing Ebola and the Black Death. I laughed, but privately I knew would she said had a ring of truth, in fact, real estate and job opportunities soared after the Black Death.

Yep, the first century where the last generation exploits future generations and cuts the opportunities and benefits, while keeping their own. Met some in the older generation that just spend their days telling people to 'get a job', while enjoying their state pensions and free healthcare courtesy of other taxpayers.

Edit: Would be right out of an Aristophanes play, if it wasn't so serious.

Oddly, I've heard of couple of people around my age say they wish everyone over 50+ would die, simply for job opportunities. The conversation came up when discussing Ebola and the Black Death. I laughed, but privately I knew would she said had a ring of truth, in fact, real estate and job opportunities soared after the Black Death.
I'm in the 50 plus group, I would absolutely love it if some more young people entered my highly skilled but physically demanding field. There is a demand for them but they simply are not coming around while my colleagues and I wonder who is going to do this after we get too old to do it.

What do you tell them? Tell them there is no such thng as a free lunch. And when a slick talking politicians talks about taking money from that guy over there and giving it to you you can be certain of two things:
1) The guy over there is smarter than the politiican, which is how he got all that money. Therefore he wont be paying any more. Therefore you aren't getting any.
2( The politician is a lying dirtbag.
You voted for Obama because you bought all the rhetoric about Bush and his failed polciies. Bush was a decent president handed a difficult assignment. Second piece of advice, get an education so you can judge for yourself what and how someone will do.
Some of us knew from the get go that Obama was a failure waiting to happen. I said at the start Obama has terrible judgement, and that was a character flaw. His redesign of the Presidential seal before he was president, his decision not to wear a flag lapel pin, his refusal to stand appropriately for the national anthem. All of them were small things in themselves but betrayed a larger character issue.
And then there was simply the reality that the presidency is a tough job that requires excellent managerial skills. Nothing in Obama's past demonstrated he had those skills. And indeed his presidency has been marked by some of the worst management in history.

Don't vote till age 30. Also, don't register due to being on a jury overseeing a white guy charged with killing a black guy. Party your ass off with protection in college and get a degree in financial field or energy field, and work after.

I wasted my 20s being all mature and serious and all running a corporation tha g took all my fucking time. Shit.

Don't tell them anything except "Get back to work! You've $19 trillion to pay off, and 100 million worthless deadbeat democrats and illegal aliens who won't work, who've never worked in their entire lives, who expect you to support them."
I tell them to get a damned good job, because TWO other motherfuckers who won't will be depending on them.

Don't vote till age 30. Also, don't register due to being on a jury overseeing a white guy charged with killing a black guy. Party your ass off with protection in college and get a degree in financial field or energy field, and work after.

I wasted my 20s being all mature and serious and all running a corporation tha g took all my fucking time. Shit.
Be sure to tell them not to vote, so they can bitch about how the voters did not elect people they would have voted for if they cared, and so they can avoid jury duty, and bitch about the fucked up legal system too.

Forum List

Back