What to do with a war account? Ammo or a Ted Kennedy 'institute'

Those are lines in the defense budget. There is no independently existing fund for defense.

Those are lines in the defense budget. There is no independently existing fund for defense.

Please explain your reasoning.

Those are accounts set aside with guidlines for spending that have to be followed.

They are not supposed to be used for museums and other pet projects.

Don't you see how it happens?

This thread shows it in microcasim, someone always shows up to try and defend the undefendable and 'explain away' things so 'its not so bad.'

They count on it, and someone always delievers.

Those are accounts set aside with guidlines for spending that have to be followed.

The accounts aren't being used for that. Some of the funds in the bill are being used for non-defense related purposes and that's not right, but that's been the practice for ages. That you guys suddenly care about it tells quite a bit.

The accounts aren't being used for that. Some of the funds in the bill are being used for non-defense related purposes and that's not right, but that's been the practice for ages. That you guys suddenly care about it tells quite a bit.
It hasn't happened 'for ages' and it tells us volumes how you always seem to have an excuse/explanation for these things.

Anyone who has 30 years service in the military and DoD, like me, knows how the defense budget is set up and how money is divided up amonst the muriad of FUNDS that go for day to day operations. Basically ever since Clinton the military pretty much runs in a continual crisis management mode. Funding is shifted between accounts by the minute to pay for immediate priorities as set down by the chain of command in Washington DC.

And for the totally uninformed there is a line item FUND in the U.S. budget specifically for the Defense Department.

It's called the Defense Budget and it is FUNDED by Congress through the legislative process. Then there is a specific FUND that is used to pay for the military's budget.

It hasn't happened 'for ages' and it tells us volumes how you always seem to have an excuse/explanation for these things.

It has happened for ages, but now that it's not your guys doing it, it's suddenly the worst thing in the world. I'm not excusing the process. I personally think it's repugnant. Then again, I felt the exact same way when Republicans were doing it. You, of course, didn't because you don't give two shits about process. This isn't about governance for you, it's a sporting event and you just root root root for your side.

"Senators diverted $2.6 billion in funds in a defense spending bill to pet projects largely at the expense of accounts that pay for fuel, ammunition and training for U.S. troops, including those fighting wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, according to an analysis.

Among the 778 such projects, known as earmarks, packed into the bill: $25 million for a new World War II museum at the University of New Orleans and $20 million to launch an educational institute named after the late Sen. Edward M. Kennedy, Massachusetts Democrat."
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-pet-projects/

I will never use my position for pleasure, profit or personal safety.---NCO Creed

Apparently those turds in Washington could learn a lesson from us NCOs.

It has happened for ages, but now that it's not your guys doing it, it's suddenly the worst thing in the world. I'm not excusing the process. I personally think it's repugnant. Then again, I felt the exact same way when Republicans were doing it. You, of course, didn't because you don't give two shits about process. This isn't about governance for you, it's a sporting event and you just root root root for your side.

Neg rep for 'my guys' comment.

My guys are THE AMERICAN PEOPLE, not your simpering political parties.

A lot of you better learn this, because the world isn't us/them so don't insult people by trying to play that game especailly with me, i won't have it.

GoP sucks also Willow.

I fight this attitude that too many have that seem to think they can excuse bad behavior by claiming those bringing it to light are hypocrites who used to let it slide.

Polk is a perfect example of this, he has an excuse for every fucked up thing the government does, and when these are seen to be bullshit he falls back on trying to create the old moral equivency dodge that party politics so relies on.

GoP sucks also Willow.

I fight this attitude that too many have that seem to think they can excuse bad behavior by claiming those bringing it to light are hypocrites who used to let it slide.

Polk is a perfect example of this, he has an excuse for every fucked up thing the government does, and when these are seen to be bullshit he falls back on trying to create the old moral equivency dodge that party politics so relies on.

dammit i was just about to post this:

And what did the Senate Appropriations Committee do to better support our troops in the new 2010 DOD Appropriations bill? They cut the already-skinny O&M account by over $3 billion. The Defense Subcommittee Chairman, Senator Daniel Inouye (D-HI), with the full support of his Republican counterpart, Thad Cochran (R-MS), cut Obama's request for basic O&M by $2.4 billion and for wartime O&M by another $655 million.

GoP sucks also Willow.

And what did the Senate Appropriations Committee do to better support our troops in the new 2010 DOD Appropriations bill? They cut the already-skinny O&M account by over $3 billion. The Defense Subcommittee Chairman, Senator Daniel Inouye (D-HI), with the full support of his Republican counterpart, Thad Cochran (R-MS), cut Obama's request for basic O&M by $2.4 billion and for wartime O&M by another $655 million.
Both parties are exactly the same in the way they govern, anything for the party, anything to get elected.

They may claim they have different goals but the goal is to tell people what to do and they both practise that every chance they get.

GoP sucks also Willow.

Both parties are exactly the same in the way they govern, anything for the party, anything to get elected.

They may claim they have different goals but the goal is to tell people what to do and they both practise that every chance they get.

for the most part i concur, from what i can observe from afar, especially about this topic, pilfering of the money trough.

but you could have presented this stuff from another source than the crazy washington times. i posted the wheeler studies, the current one and the one from 2006.

yes it is posted on huffington post but it is also posted on his own site.

Support Our Troops: The Senate Porkers' Approach

The 2007 Defense Budget May Not Be What You Think

For those who can think beyond partisan lines and sources, both The Washington Times and the Huffington Post ream Congress for diverting funds from the operations and management budget (historically is rarely adequate).

For those who can think beyond partisan lines and sources, both The Washington Times and the Huffington Post ream Congress for diverting funds from the operations and management budget (historically is rarely adequate).

the huffington post posted the article by wheeler. the washington times editorialized the wheeler article, that is one step removed from the source.

Last edited:

Pot...meet kettle...upside your head......

the huffington post posted the article by wheeler. the washington times editorialized the wheeler article, that is one step removed from the source.
I have to laugh at anyone who believes that the HuffPo is journalism rather than op-ed. P.T.Barnum would know your type. :lol:

I have to laugh at anyone who believes that the HuffPo is journalism rather than op-ed. P.T.Barnum would know your type. :lol:

you are so cute when you run against the door; i opened it for you to pass through without harm when i posted the exact same article from wheelers own website.

you still manage to slam your moronic head right into it.

and you run around calling other people idiots. sweet.

Forum List

Back