A Question.

uptownlivin90

Rebelious Youngin
Oct 16, 2009
Maryland
Honest question:

If Texas seceded from the Union I'm assuming that that would make Texas a Federal Government and the Counties the state government (correct me if that assumption is wrong). My question is, could the states (counties) of Texas seced from Texas and re-unionize and would Texans opt to block this from occuring? And could they under the circumstance since they themselves seceded from the union?

Not that I believe any of this will actually happen. I secessionists as unpatriotic cowards, but it is a fair question to ask.

You're wrong. They would still be counties. Texas wouldnt be a Federal system so the government wouldnt be Federal.

Texas would still be a state, as state is essentially another name for country or nation.

All speculation. Never happen in a million year. What, Texas leave the Union? Where would Texas go? Back to Mexico?:lol:

All speculation. Never happen in a million year. What, Texas leave the Union? Where would Texas go? Back to Mexico?:lol:

Again this is all so I can understand this whole Texas nationalist movement thing a little better. Never once said I thought it could ever happen.

About one of four countries worldwide are federal (sharing of powers between national and state governments). Texas would not be one of those nations, unless it created such powers for the counties. The counties in Texas do not have such powers now. If Texas seceded, I cannot imagine Herr Perry or the state legislature would ever give the counties specified powers unchecked by the Texas government.

Last edited:
About one of four countries worldwide are federal (sharing of powers between national and state governments). Texas would not be one of those nations, unless it created such powers for the counties. The counties in Texas do not have such powers now. If Texas seceded, I cannot imagine Herr Perry or the state legislature would ever give the counties specified powers unchecked by the Texas government.

So your saying... no states rights in the Republic of Texas? Just ... Texas? Why not?:lol:

Honest question:

If Texas seceded from the Union I'm assuming that that would make Texas a Federal Government and the Counties the state government (correct me if that assumption is wrong). My question is, could the states (counties) of Texas seced from Texas and re-unionize and would Texans opt to block this from occuring? And could they under the circumstance since they themselves seceded from the union?

Not that I believe any of this will actually happen. I secessionists as unpatriotic cowards, but it is a fair question to ask.

Sounds reasonable to me. After-all, if a state has sovereignty over a nation then logic follows that a county would have sovereignty over a state.

Honest question:

Sounds reasonable to me. After-all, if a state has sovereignty over a nation then logic follows that a county would have sovereignty over a state.

Ok... good good. I like this. Okay so the scenario that goes through my head right now... Texas secedes, the Houstan, Dallas, Fort Worth, Arlington, San Antonio, and Austin and surrounding counties all re-unionize... now does anybody see this as plausible at all. Wasn't this tried once before? *cough**cough* somebody got that ass whooped*cough**cough* :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back