What the hell takes $18 MILLION to build and maintain a website?

You did NOT need the three. The bill passed the Senate overwhelmingly.

But once again we see, Obama doesn't need ANY Repugs' support, or votes for that matter. So there is NO "republican obstruction."

That talking point needs to go into the dustbin.

Geezus...

GOP centrists give Obama a majority – barely | csmonitor.com
Not only is that article old, it's wrong. Do the math.

Get it through your head: There is NO "republican obstruction." That's a blame shifting talking point.

:lol: :eusa_hand: Yeah.

Get it through your head: There is NO "republican obstruction." That's a blame shifting talking point.

To pass a law through the Senate, they don't need 60 votes. That is needed only to stop filibusters.

They can and have passed laws in the Senate without 60 votes, or even 58.

Ok, the original thread has sunk into neener neener land, and I never did get an answer to what I wanted to know.

How much should it cost for a content heavy web site with a large traffic base? Kitten Koder said one could be set one up for 5k for the equipment and 30 k for administration. I think that sounds silly, and I think that is based on what it would cost for a web page like the one we are on now.

I don't believe a government office web page would come in that cheap. But 3 million a year sounds way off the charts expensive.

So I am wondering what a content heavy web page would cost to set up, staff with researches and other such staff, and so on should cost and why.

I have a very rough idea from my experiences, but I don't really know the answer to your question. It would be interesting to me as well to see how a project of this size is priced.

Looking at their website Smartronix, Inc. > Home it looks like a big portion of their business is for the US Government in one way or another. It would be really interesting to see what those services are costing.

Sarah, one day you will wake up and i hope its soon
you are defending the indefensible
you bitched like crazy about this kinda stuff when Bush was in office, as did many conservatives
now you support it only because its your guy doing it

I wouldn't know what the cost should be but I suppose if you could find out what it cost to operate a news web site like CNN you might get an idea.

How the hell did this end up here?

I wasn't thrilled my thread was merged, but it was a POLITICAL commentary on wasteful spending, NOT a tech thread about science.

I just heard this money isn't to build a site, it's to redesign it

that's just fucking crazy to spend 18 million just to redesign a website...what they fuck they going to do buy gold fucking scanners

that's just fucking crazy to spend 18 million just to redesign a website...what they fuck they going to do buy gold fucking scanners
and at $3 million a year, that works out to about $1442/hr
if they work a 40 hour work week

I know some Gov. Contracting Jobs that are for 5 years at only 5 million, 1 million a year and they do critical work for the GOV.

Forum List

Back