What the hell is wrong with us?!

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
20230728_190603.jpg

Look at the above picture and tell me when we are going to wake the hell up.

That's Feinstein and she looks like a damn newly discovered Egyptian Mummy. Worse yet her cognitive ability is perhaps marginally better than that of a mummy.

Then we have Biden & McConnell with their senior citizen "moments"

We are allowing people with brains operating well below normal status to not only represent us but RULE OVER US.

I have said time after time we DESPERATELY NEED
Term limits
And age RESTRICTIONS

It is well past time to put an end to the "EXCLUSIVE CLUB"

View attachment 808956

That's Feinstein and she looks like a damn newly discovered Egyptian Mummy. Worse yet her cognitive ability is perhaps marginally better than that of a mummy.

We are allowing people with brains operating well below normal status to not only represent us but RULE OVER US.

Term limits
And age RESTRICTIONS

What happened is the rich got too much power

View attachment 808956

Term limits
And age RESTRICTIONS

You forgot Grassley...and Trump. :)

Hey, just us stuck in our two party system that rewards politicians who just don't know when to hang up the towel and pass the torch.

View attachment 808956

Term limits
And age RESTRICTIONS

You might as well be yelling at the moon. We’re not getting any of that

I didn't forget them. Old is old. We need age limits. Period
age limits wont do it,, AOC is a perfect example of that,,

just like with a drivers license if an old person cant pick up a 55 gal drum of concrete they cant drive a car,,

my 86 yr old mother almost got rejected for picking up a prescription in a drive through because the person couldnt believe it was her because she was driving a car at 86,,

I am still scared of her,,

View attachment 808956

Term limits
And age RESTRICTIONS

I have a 96 years old aunt who has absolutely zero political ambitions, but could do a better job of governing than most in Washington DC these days. Admittedly in the last two years in my opinion, she has had some decline in cognitive ability but she still is sharper than most of the morons in DC. She walks long distances with no cane or walker, still has her driver's license and drives herself to nearby appointments, does her own grocery shopping, a lot of her housekeeping, and manages her financial portfolio competently.

We had a very good friend pass last year, age 93. Sharp as a tack. (Died from renal failure.) His mother-in-law died at age 101 earlier this year--literally of old age. Again, sharp as a tack right up to the end. Then there are others who are mentally unfit at 50 and younger.

This is to say that neither term limits nor age limits will solve the problems with incompetent and/or corrupt government in DC. What will solve the problem is to take the money out of it--no pension other than maybe a small percentage match of deposits in a 401K only while the member is in office--ALL private business and investments must be put into a blind trust and stocks, bonds, etc. can neither be purchased nor sold while the member is in Congress--representatives and senators utilize and pay for healthcare in the same system the citizens use, members must recuse themselves from debate or vote on any issue affecting a business they own.

Do that and most will term limit themselves and go home to live under the laws they pass for the rest of us. Integrity will be restored to the government. Those who love the job can stay under those restrictions and we will benefit from their experience, but we will have true public servants in office instead of professional politicians out to get whatever they can for themselves.

And as for age, if a person is still mentally sharp at 60, 70, 80, 90, there is no reason he/she should not serve at least as far as age is concerned. But it could be a good idea for those running for high office to receive a fully comprehensive cognitive function exam in addition to a medical exam that would include testing for illegal substances, etc.

age limits wont do it,, AOC is a perfect example of that,,

just like with a drivers license if an old person cant pick up a 55 gal drum of concrete they cant drive a car,,

my 86 yr old mother almost got rejected for picking up a prescription in a drive through because the person couldnt believe it was her because she was driving a car at 86,,

I am still scared of her,,
Umm wut? That's 550 pounds lol

I have a 96 years old aunt who has absolutely zero political ambitions, but could do a better job of governing than most in Washington DC these days. Admittedly in the last two years in my opinion, she has had some decline in cognitive ability but she still is sharper than most of the morons in DC. She walks long distances with no cane or walker, still has her driver's license and drives herself to nearby appointments, does her own grocery shopping, a lot of her housekeeping, and manages her financial portfolio competently.

We had a very good friend pass last year, age 93. Sharp as a tack. (Died from renal failure.) His mother-in-law died at age 101 earlier this year--literally of old age. Again, sharp as a tack right up to the end. Then there are others who are mentally unfit at 50 and younger.

This is to say that neither term limits nor age limits will solve the problems with incompetent and/or corrupt government in DC. What will solve the problem is to take the money out of it--no pension other than maybe a small percentage match of deposits in a 401K only while the member is in office--ALL private business and investments must be put into a blind trust and stocks, bonds, etc. can neither be purchased nor sold while the member is in Congress--representatives and senators utilize and pay for healthcare in the same system the citizens use, members must recuse themselves from debate or vote on any issue affecting a business they own.

Do that and most will term limit themselves and go home to live under the laws they pass for the rest of us. Integrity will be restored to the government. Those who love the job can stay under those restrictions and we will benefit from their experience, but we will have true public servants in office instead of professional politicians out to get whatever they can for themselves.

And as for age, if a person is still mentally sharp at 60, 70, 80, 90, there is no reason he/she should not serve at least as far as age is concerned. But it could be a good idea for those running for high office to receive a fully comprehensive cognitive function exam in addition to a medical exam that would include testing for illegal substances, etc.
Age limits would end the rule of those who belong in nursing homes.

Term limits would end the good Ole boys club

View attachment 808956

Term limits
And age RESTRICTIONS

She would have retired but for the GOP block on appointing a replacement to Judiciary.
McConnell won't retire because the nuts would turn the Senate into the House.

The senate rules won't protect the GOP from the idiocy that is the GOP once McConnell's gone.

Forum List

Back