What the hell is wrong with us?!

View attachment 808956

Look at the above picture and tell me when we are going to wake the hell up.

That's Feinstein and she looks like a damn newly discovered Egyptian Mummy. Worse yet her cognitive ability is perhaps marginally better than that of a mummy.

Then we have Biden & McConnell with their senior citizen "moments"

We are allowing people with brains operating well below normal status to not only represent us but RULE OVER US.

I have said time after time we DESPERATELY NEED
Term limits
And age RESTRICTIONS

It is well past time to put an end to the "EXCLUSIVE CLUB"
I don't see what difference it really makes between an old hag mummy voting blue or a younger agile dummy voting blue.

View attachment 808956

That's Feinstein and she looks like a damn newly discovered Egyptian Mummy. Worse yet her cognitive ability is perhaps marginally better than that of a mummy.

We are allowing people with brains operating well below normal status to not only represent us but RULE OVER US.

Term limits
And age RESTRICTIONS

When your voting base are drug zombies, you can be any age and stay in power.

View attachment 808956

Term limits
And age RESTRICTIONS

One does have to wonder what Feinstein is gaining from sticking around the assisted living facility known as "The Senate".

There is some kind of ulterior motive which goes beyond the title.

I think she is benefitting financially somehow.

Her replacement would be another Democrat appointed by the Democratic governor of California, so it isn't about party.
tell me how a mindless mass of a human benefits from money,,,

fact is the party will keep her there as long as possible mainly because shes easy to control as we see from her assistant just telling her what to say,,

where are the people in her life that love and care about her??

A pondering on Feinstein's motive:

Here’s an updated take that will undoubtedly draw some objections: Feinstein holding the seat until the election next year may be the most responsible thing she can do in case of one possible, albeit unlikely, scenario: a vacancy on the Supreme Court. In indulging her stubbornness, her ego, her paranoia—whatever we want to call it—Feinstein may be what stands between a 6-to-3 conservative Supreme Court majority tilting to a 7-to-2 position, or the key to it shifting back to 5-4. Either of those outcomes would be one liberals may regret not having taken more seriously.

The reason why Feinstein holds all this power is tied to her seat on the Senate Judiciary Committee. Democrats have an 11-to-10 advantage over Republicans on the panel, giving them zero margin for error in advancing President Joe Biden’s nominees for lifetime appointments to federal courts, including the Supreme Court. A tied 10-to-10 vote, at least under the current rules, leaves those nominees potentially stuck in limbo. Whenever she’s absent, Feinstein leaves Democrats on the committee with an insufficient 10 votes.

So one might argue that all that is more reason for Feinstein to resign, and let a younger, healthier Democrat take over her spot on the committee. But that’s not what would be guaranteed to happen. Even if Feinstein were to leave her seat early, allowing California Gov. Gavin Newsom to appoint an interim lawmaker until after the 2024 election, there is nothing ensuring that that successor could be the 11th vote on Judiciary. Committee assignments are part of the start of every Congress, and changes are subject to 60 votes if some lawmakers object and demand a recorded vote. That means 10 Republicans would have to allow Democrats to either send Feinstein’s replacement or another lawmaker into that role. There is scant evidence that Republicans would accede to that request.

Need proof? In April, the Senate considered Feinstein’s request that she be allowed to step away from Judiciary for a beat, and to allow another Democrat to take her seat. The effort, clearly heading to defeat, wasn’t even put to a floor vote. Even in a body known for its cordiality across party lines, Republicans saw the ability to confirm nominees to lifetime gigs in robes and wielding gavels as more important than courtesy to an ailing colleague. “We’re not going to help the Democrats with that,” Republican Sen. Joni Ernst of Iowa said.

A pondering on Feinstein's motive:

Here’s an updated take that will undoubtedly draw some objections: Feinstein holding the seat until the election next year may be the most responsible thing she can do in case of one possible, albeit unlikely, scenario: a vacancy on the Supreme Court. In indulging her stubbornness, her ego, her paranoia—whatever we want to call it—Feinstein may be what stands between a 6-to-3 conservative Supreme Court majority tilting to a 7-to-2 position, or the key to it shifting back to 5-4. Either of those outcomes would be one liberals may regret not having taken more seriously.

The reason why Feinstein holds all this power is tied to her seat on the Senate Judiciary Committee. Democrats have an 11-to-10 advantage over Republicans on the panel, giving them zero margin for error in advancing President Joe Biden’s nominees for lifetime appointments to federal courts, including the Supreme Court. A tied 10-to-10 vote, at least under the current rules, leaves those nominees potentially stuck in limbo. Whenever she’s absent, Feinstein leaves Democrats on the committee with an insufficient 10 votes.

So one might argue that all that is more reason for Feinstein to resign, and let a younger, healthier Democrat take over her spot on the committee. But that’s not what would be guaranteed to happen. Even if Feinstein were to leave her seat early, allowing California Gov. Gavin Newsom to appoint an interim lawmaker until after the 2024 election, there is nothing ensuring that that successor could be the 11th vote on Judiciary. Committee assignments are part of the start of every Congress, and changes are subject to 60 votes if some lawmakers object and demand a recorded vote. That means 10 Republicans would have to allow Democrats to either send Feinstein’s replacement or another lawmaker into that role. There is scant evidence that Republicans would accede to that request.

Need proof? In April, the Senate considered Feinstein’s request that she be allowed to step away from Judiciary for a beat, and to allow another Democrat to take her seat. The effort, clearly heading to defeat, wasn’t even put to a floor vote. Even in a body known for its cordiality across party lines, Republicans saw the ability to confirm nominees to lifetime gigs in robes and wielding gavels as more important than courtesy to an ailing colleague. “We’re not going to help the Democrats with that,” Republican Sen. Joni Ernst of Iowa said.
party over country,,

You forgot Grassley...and Trump. :)

Hey, just us stuck in our two party system that rewards politicians who just don't know when to hang up the towel and pass the torch.
iu

View attachment 808956

Term limits
And age RESTRICTIONS

Commercial for term limits: 2 terms, no stock trading

Both parties are putting themselves above the country. The Republicans are blocking a replacement for Feinstein on the Judiciary Committee.
exactly,, thats why singling out one while ignoring the other tells us which party you shill for,,,

I myself think both major parties should be declared terrorist organizations and banned from US politics,, also be stripped of all their money and go directly towards the debt,,

She would have retired but for the GOP block on appointing a replacement to Judiciary.
McConnell won't retire because the nuts would turn the Senate into the House.

The senate rules won't protect the GOP from the idiocy that is the GOP once McConnell's gone.

Fetterman is no improvement

Forum List

Back