What the hell is going on with all the police killing dogs?

The police are trained to shoot the dogs first. As soon as they gain entrance. All they have to do is apologize if they are wrong. It won't stop until the public screams loud enough to make it stop. As long as the police are not required to be reasonable they won't be.

The police are trained to shoot the dogs first. As soon as they gain entrance. All they have to do is apologize if they are wrong. It won't stop until the public screams loud enough to make it stop. As long as the police are not required to be reasonable they won't be.

A cop's first job is to protect and serve....and number 2 is to make it home alive that night. While you're at it how about charging a dog owner who's pit bull did this to a woman out for a jog with felonious assault?

Joggerattackedbypitbulls_zps97b8d844.jpg

A cop's first job is to protect and serve....and number 2 is to make it home alive that night. While you're at it how about charging a dog owner who's pit bull did this to a woman out for a jog with felonious assault?

When a police officer is menaced by a dog while in the proper performance of his duties it is reasonable to use whatever force is necessary to defend himself against injury. But while some police officers will not exceed the level of force needed to evade or repel an aggressive dog, there are others who welcome any opportunity to use lethal force -- on a dog or on a human.

It's true that many police officers are decent, psychologically stable individuals for whom the occasional use of force is an unpleasant aspect of the job. It's also true that the raw authoritarian nature of that job attracts a significant percentage of perversely sadistic personality types who eagerly look forward to inflicting pain and suffering on others. Unfortunately the amount of time needed to positively identify such pathological characteristics during pre-employment evaluation is prohibitive.

Here's the latest. I'm finding the frequency of this beyond very disturbing.

Weimaraner dog shot dead in owner’s back yard by police who were searching for missing three-year-old boy

Sean Kendall's two-year-old Weimaraner, Geist was shot dead last week

Police were searching for a missing boy - he was later found asleep

Owner is now calling for the policeman to be fired from the force

Weimaraner dog shot dead in back yard | Mail Online

article-2669437-1F1F32B000000578-812_306x423.jpg

AND then there is this son of a bitch who slit a Shar Pei's throat. Holy toledo! What the heck is going on?

Grab this. The dog was restrained and the cop said he was going to gut this thing and slit the dogs throat and it bled to death.

The pair allegedly held down and cut the throat of a Shar-Pei, with officials saying there was no reason to kill the dog if it was already restrained.

Schmidt is a 24-year veteran of the Special Operations Section, serving alongside Bolger who was hired in 1992.

The union did not provide information regarding the terms of Schmidt's suspension.

The alleged attack happened on Saturday morning in Brewers Hill, a south-eastern district of the city, after police responded to a report of a woman being bitten.

Deputy Commissioner Dean Palmere said officers gained control of the animal, a seven-year-old Chinese Shar-Pei, with a dog pole and an officer used a knife to cut the dog's throat.

Late last night, Detective Jeremy Silbert issued a statement identifying that policeman as Bolger.

Announcing that internal affairs were investigating the killing, Mr Palmere called the incident 'outrageous and unacceptable'.

Witnesses told police that as Bolger got out of his vehicle, he said: 'I'm going to f****** gut this thing.'

He waited until colleagues got control of the dog before bending down and slashing its throat with a knife, witnesses said. It bled to death before animal control arrived, police told the Baltimore Sun.

article-2662299-1EE8D59600000578-98_306x450.jpg

Here's the poor owner and the dog.

article-0-1EFFC6AE00000578-670_634x545.jpg

I am seriously waiting for the day when one of these cops gets killed by a dog owner who just watched the cop kill his/her dog. Sooner or later it's going to happen.

What citizens need to understand is that when they raise a breed of dog that can do significant damage to a human, they are taking on risk. I've been forced to start carrying a revolver when I go for my run in the morning thanks to the neighborhood dogs. Wear a cap and sunglasses and these beasts try their best to get at you. And often, the owner just smiles when the snapping teeth come within a foot or two of you. A police officer is asked to take on significant risk during his shift...if he is threatened he has every right to mitigate that threat. Once the dog has ahold of him, he's apt to really get hurt. No excuse to harm a restrained dog, unless the owner seems inclined to release it.

What the hell are you talking about. It was a fucking Shar Pei!

Why Do Cops Shoot Your Dog? ? LewRockwell.com

Police are supposedly bold and intrepid defenders of the public weal, yet every time a cop guns down a dog we’re told, in effect, that officers are uncommonly timid and high-strung creatures who are all but paralyzed with fear at the approach of an unfamiliar canine. We never hear or read about people who provide useful services being “forced” to defend themselves against supposedly aggressive dogs by killing them. Yet “puppycide” by police is something that occurs every day.

The critical variable is not the behavior of the dog, but the sense of impunity granted to police officers. They don’t shoot dogs because they have to, but because they can.

Police consider themselves entitled to shoot any dog that barks in their direction. They likewise claim the supposed authority to arrest and prosecute any Mundane who “threatens” or “distracts” a police dog – or, as they would describe the creature, “K-9 officer.”

Any encounter with a strange dog can leave a person unsettled. This is true of postal carriers, private delivery and service personnel, and police officers. But only cops consider themselves entitled to shoot dogs on sight. Apparently, there is something about being given a badge and a government-issued costume that brings out the latent cowardice in people thus attired.

It's the arrogance of power they all acquire.

Starting when he comes on the force (as hardly more than a kid), a cop can tell people what to do.
He's "special".

He can make U-turns that others can't, park wherever he wants, speed, run stop signs, stop traffic, give tickets, arrest people. He gets to carry a gun concealed when off duty.

People thirty years his senior have to do what he says.

He may have been an outsider and a misfit as a kid but he's IN CHARGE now and you WILL comply....And in his brief adult life he has never known anything else.

especially with the German breeds (including the Weimaraner). I value human life over a dog's life.

I didn't notice anyone's "life in danger" in the article?

You don't know what you're talking about Re: Weimaraners.

Weimaraners are highly intelligent, friendly, obedient and relish their relationship with their owners.

I can't PROVE it... but I doubt any weimaraner anywhere was ever trained to "attack" or "kill".

ANY dog can be MADE vicious...like in your example....but hunting dogs natural instincts make them WANT to cooperate with the human.

The first rule of animal training is "Be smarter than the animal". Well trained animals don't "attack".

Cops have guns, they like guns and they look for "reasons" to use them.

A police officer is asked to take on significant risk during his shift...if he is threatened he has every right to mitigate that threat. Once the dog has ahold of him, he's apt to really get hurt. No excuse to harm a restrained dog, unless the owner seems inclined to release it.

What a crock of shit. Police don't even rank in the top 10 for dangerous jobs. Police in Britain don't even have guns to shoot dogs with & they do just fine. If you can't deal with a dog, you should not be a cop.

They shot the dog for NO REASON.No one was attacked and the child they were "looking for" was found asleep....You're just making excuses for pigs mental instability.

Innocent civilians ALSO have the right to "make it home alive" by not being murdered by cops (500 UNARMED, INNOCENT people are killed by police annually...)

Innocent people's pets ALSO have the right to STAY alive and not be killed by marauding government agents...

In america today you are 8 times more likely to be killed by the cops than by a TERRORIST.

Historically, it always ends the same way..Oppressive governments abuse their power/ the people revolt.
A tipping point will eventually be reached.

When people are sadistic, they are apt to seek a station in life where they can act out upon it.

The only solution is arousal testing at hire.

To all my conservative friends. As much as I have admired and respected our men in blue for decades, I do come from a time when police were out of control in the '60's. So what I am witnessing now is deja vu baby.

I fought power tripping assholes then as a liberal and I can fight again years later as a conservative.

I don't like what I am witnessing. I don't like it at all. The killing of dogs is just one small part of a disturbing trend. Some are calling it a militarization of police forces. I don't know what to call it except "fucked up" at the moment. .

The "because I'm a cop and because I can" theory can be laid out right here.

The excuse when flushed out was that the deer was injured. Oh really? Graphic video at link. ETA: I hunt. I have no problem cooking Bambi. But if I spotlighted a deer as a hunter and got caught, whoa geeze I'd be toast.

Here's the commentary. There's no doubt the cop got his rocks off.

The troopers attempted to scare off the gentle creaure, who they claimed was injured, by sounding the siren and flashing the lights.

The cruiser then crawled forward and nudged the scared animal, which still didn't move.

A man filming said: 'He ain't goin' nowhere dude.'

Another man shouted: 'Want me to grab that [expletive] and drag it across the road?'

A trooper then held a gun just inches from the deer's head and shot it. It is not clear if the deer died because its legs were visibly shaking.

'Man down,' said a voice behind the camera, after making the noise of a tree falling. 'That's better than huntin'.

article-0-198A936D00000578-454_634x330.jpg

Here's where he takes out the deer at point blank range.

article-0-198A962600000578-921_634x330.jpg

article-0-198A977500000578-784_634x330.jpg

Video and more of the story at link.

'That's better than huntin'!' Disturbing video showing Michigan State trooper shooting deer at point-blank range goes viral | Mail Online

Last edited:
What citizens need to understand is that when they raise a breed of dog that can do significant damage to a human, they are taking on risk. I've been forced to start carrying a revolver when I go for my run in the morning thanks to the neighborhood dogs. Wear a cap and sunglasses and these beasts try their best to get at you. And often, the owner just smiles when the snapping teeth come within a foot or two of you. A police officer is asked to take on significant risk during his shift...if he is threatened he has every right to mitigate that threat. Once the dog has ahold of him, he's apt to really get hurt. No excuse to harm a restrained dog, unless the owner seems inclined to release it.

What the hell are you talking about. It was a fucking Shar Pei!

I can read, MORON.....I can only hope you encounter a timid little Shar Pei sometime....you'll get your shit ripped off, boy.

When a police officer is menaced by a dog while in the proper performance of his duties it is reasonable to use whatever force is necessary to defend himself against injury. But while some police officers will not exceed the level of force needed to evade or repel an aggressive dog, there are others who welcome any opportunity to use lethal force -- on a dog or on a human.

It's true that many police officers are decent, psychologically stable individuals for whom the occasional use of force is an unpleasant aspect of the job. It's also true that the raw authoritarian nature of that job attracts a significant percentage of perversely sadistic personality types who eagerly look forward to inflicting pain and suffering on others. Unfortunately the amount of time needed to positively identify such pathological characteristics during pre-employment evaluation is prohibitive.

You're describing the kind of guy who will run TOWARD gunfire....so easy to armchair quarterback a police officer or soldier when it ain't you who was there in the shit. Give me one of your "pyschopaths" any day in combat....I know he won't hesitate when the killing starts. And he won't need to hide until he has overwhelming force like what happened at the college in Virginia. You would and get your own ass shot off and likely others in your squad. Face it, you ain't cut out for the work involved and therefore not qualified to judge those who are.

Last edited:
BTW....I noticed there was no comment about the beautiful woman who was mauled and disfigured by somebody's Pit. What's the matter, is the reality of a dog attack a little too REAL for you bleeding hearts? It's about time a dog owner who menaces a person with his killer-on-a-leash, be treated the same as a person who waves a knife or points a pistol at another. There is little accountability for dog attacks....charges are rarely filed and that's the OUTRAGE...not a cop who caps a charging dog.

BTW....I noticed there was no comment about the beautiful woman who was mauled and disfigured by somebody's Pit. What's the matter, is the reality of a dog attack a little too REAL for you bleeding hearts? It's about time a dog owner who menaces a person with his killer-on-a-leash, be treated the same as a person who waves a knife or points a pistol at another. There is little accountability for dog attacks....charges are rarely filed and that's the OUTRAGE...not a cop who caps a charging dog.

This thread has nothing to do with people being mauled by unrestrained animals.

That picture was posted as a diversion.

Give me one of your "pyschopaths" any day in combat....I know he won't hesitate when the killing starts.

Cops aren't in "combat". That's part of the problem. They treat citizens like "enemy" who need to be forced to "comply" with whatever "orders" they feel like giving at that particular moment.
Quite often they escalate benign situations into an "excuse" to use force on people.

We already know "they won't hesitate when the killing starts". That's another part of the problem.

When the only tool you have is a hammer, pretty soon everything starts looking like a nail....

When they put on their government costume every day, they pin on their "courage" and strap on their "manhood"....fuckin pussies.

No, it was posted as a CONSEQUENCE of a dog attack....but go ahead on and hate on cops....you'll probably never need one to save your bacon right? right? :eusa_snooty:

The thread was about a pet in his own yard that was shot to death by psychopathic pigs who were looking for a "lost" child...who was found to be asleep....The cops weren't needed..the dog didn't have to be shot. You get that, right?

The picture has nothing to do with any of that and was posted as a diversion.

Forum List

Back