What the hell is going on with all the police killing dogs?

The picture and name of the officer who shot the dog in Salt Lake Valley has been disseminated through the internet, I understand.

He needs to lose his job and his LEO license.

Neither will happen.

That's why we keep reading about these stories.

My interest in Law Enforcement and perception of it and its implementation tends toward the exemplary examples of how it should be.

Watch Adam-12 Online - Log 14: S.W.A.T. | Hulu

Adam - 12.

Malloy and Reed.
That's fine in terms of entertainment. But try focusing your attention on reality instead of fiction and fantasy for a clearer understanding of our culture and the direction it has taken in recent years.

The picture and name of the officer who shot the dog in Salt Lake Valley has been disseminated through the internet, I understand.

Neither will happen.

That's why we keep reading about these stories.
Of course you're right about cause. But the ultimate effect will depend on how much exposure these incidents receive via the media.

One of the main causes of police misconduct is the inability of decent, intelligent cops who do not abuse their authority to take any action or speak out against those who do. Because the personal safety of good cops depends on the disposition of the bad ones toward them (see movies, Serpico, and Prince of The City).

No doubt things will need to get worse before they get better and the big problem today is the militarization of our civilian police agencies, which is being fostered and supported by the federal government via financial subsidy and the transfer of military equipment -- such as the recent donation of the 400 MRAP armored vehicles used in Iraq to various local police departments. If civilian police are equipped like soldiers they eventually will begin behaving like soldiers rather than civilian police.

We see this happening already in increasing emulation of the aggressive kicking-doors-down activity of our troops in Iraq by local police who are executing tens of thousands of no-knock raids every year all over the U.S. for reasons as insignificant as suspicion of minor drug possession! Botched Paramilitary Police Raids | Cato Institute The frequency of these raids is increasing and a significant percentage are "botched" in some way -- such as the recent tossing of a flash/bang grenade into a sleeping baby's crib that nearly killed him. (No drugs were found in this example.)

So the important thing is to learn the facts, inform others, and urge them to pay attention.

It's a shame when Police are forced to eliminate a pet dog that gets in the way of a search for a child but the dog population seems to stay around 70 million. I hear they eat dogs in China and Korea. Why not focus on that particular outrage?

The sooner the better, and I hope it is by a method at least as painful as crucifixion.

And this punk coward calls ME "psychotic"? :lol:

You are a psychopath who gets an erection at the thought of killing a dog. I simply want psychotic cops removed from the human race, ideally in a way that makes their fellow gangbangers think twice before emulating their behavior.

Neither will happen. at's why we keep reading about these stories.

3000 peaceful protesters gathered in the police plaza today for three hours.

The chief has been rocked emotionally by the outcry.

This issue is not going to go away.

Police on patrol and on the beat are being told politely, I have heard, "stay away from dogs."

I have never seen anything like this before in city about violence, and it took an unnecessary dog shooting to get it going.

Hey, anybody still calling cops "PIGS" in 2014 was probably a smelly doper who got his head banged by a cop baton PROTESTING us GIs....I got nothing but contempt for the whole bunch of ya....we won the battles, you lost the war.

And BTW, you don't get to decide what is corruption and brutality. You've never seen how quickly a supposedly calm person can have a weapon in their hand and bad intentions. If you don't like cops being "militarized" write your Congressman to end the sales of body armor, 30 round magazines, and night scopes. Civilians don't need that gear. I'm pro NRA but I see little need for some weekender jackass playing soldier in gear only cops can cope with.

That's all a very fascinating diversion.
Every day in this country cops are convicted of "corruption" and "brutality"...not to mention every other crime under the sun.

Get over yourself, g.i. joe.

I like Cops and until/unless they do wrong, I stand behind law enforcement officers.

:doubt:

Here ya go..a whole channel of cops shooting dogs... Enjoy!
police shooting dogs and other animals - YouTube

A whole channel of police beatings. Enjoy!
police brutality beatings - YouTube

Here ya go..A whole site monitoring police corruption, crimes, arrests, sentencing...etc.. Updated daily!
Enjoy!

PoliceMisconduct.net | The Cato Institute's National Police Misconduct Reporting Project

I like Cops and until/unless they do wrong, I stand behind law enforcement officers.

Here ya go..A whole site monitoring police corruption, crimes, arrests, sentencing...etc.. Updated daily!
Enjoy!

PoliceMisconduct.net | The Cato Institute's National Police Misconduct Reporting Project

When did you stop processing my post?

Before you got to the end of the sentence?

Ladies and Gents,

This post is an example of how Liberals process information.

They jump at the first impulse without bothering to read anything past the triggering words, in this case, "I like Cops ."

Liberal lack of impulse control.

Liberals don't think as much as they feel, react and emote.

Nuff said?

Last edited:

Enjoy!

When did you stop processing my post?

Before you got to the end of the sentence?

Oh..I must have been mistaken. The way you wrote that makes it seem like you were unaware of any police wrongdoing .....ever...

So I showed you some...Now you're still saying you "stand behind" them.

Well, lots of people don't...and those videos, websites, personal experiences and history prove it..
So ignore the evidence and go ahead and "stand behind" them.... sieg heil!

EDIT....LMAO..you had to throw a red herring in there about "liberals"? (as if that makes some kind of difference?)

You said you were unaware of any police misconduct....I showed you some. Focus.

You ditzy little child...Pay attention to what we're discussing and stop trying to distract.

Last edited:
One of the main causes of police misconduct is the inability of decent, intelligent cops who do not abuse their authority to take any action or speak out against those who do. Because the personal safety of good cops depends on the disposition of the bad ones toward them (see movies, Serpico, and Prince of The City).

Nope.....a lot has changed since the Serpico deal....internal affairs now handles problem cops, and no officer need be named for putting them onto somebody.

No doubt things will need to get worse before they get better and the big problem today is the militarization of our civilian police agencies, which is being fostered and supported by the federal government via financial subsidy and the transfer of military equipment -- such as the recent donation of the 400 MRAP armored vehicles used in Iraq to various local police departments. If civilian police are equipped like soldiers they eventually will begin behaving like soldiers rather than civilian police.

Police are facing a growing number of well-armed and body-armored criminals these days....criminals with no fear of prison or execution. Would you have them using revolvers and shotguns while facing Glocks and AK-74s?

We see this happening already in increasing emulation of the aggressive kicking-doors-down activity of our troops in Iraq by local police who are executing tens of thousands of no-knock raids every year all over the U.S. for reasons as insignificant as suspicion of minor drug possession! Botched Paramilitary Police Raids | Cato Institute The frequency of these raids is increasing and a significant percentage are "botched" in some way -- such as the recent tossing of a flash/bang grenade into a sleeping baby's crib that nearly killed him. (No drugs were found in this example.)

No-Knocks have been ruled Constitutional where the officers may encounter gunfire by knocking and identifying themselves. And stun grenades are a non-lethal way of disorienting criminals inside, thus avoiding potential exchanges of gunfire.

So the important thing is to learn the facts, inform others, and urge them to pay attention.

You first. :eusa_angel:

The sooner the better, and I hope it is by a method at least as painful as crucifixion.

And this punk coward calls ME "psychotic"? :lol:

You are a psychopath who gets an erection at the thought of killing a dog. I simply want psychotic cops removed from the human race, ideally in a way that makes their fellow gangbangers think twice before emulating their behavior.

Got a link, pussy? :eusa_whistle::

If cops can not be charged or fired for the killing of people's pets, them people should at least get some kind of re-emburstment (spelling?) should they want one especially if their pets were never a true threat in the first place.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

It's a shame when Police are forced to eliminate a pet dog that gets in the way of a search for a child but the dog population seems to stay around 70 million. I hear they eat dogs in China and Korea. Why not focus on that particular outrage?

I've been outraged at the horrific conditions that dogs in China and South Korea endure on a daily basis in markets across both countries. I've donated time and money to activists who are dedicated to improving conditions.

But I can multi task. And what police are doing in this day and age across America on a frequent basis is outrageous as well.

When a policeman who has spent many years on the force thinks it's a swell idea to walk up to a shar pei as it is being restrained and slit that dogs throat I'd say that fits in the category of outrageous.

When policemen in their search for a missing child walks into your back yard and blows away your dog oh that fits in the category of outrageous.

The frequency is beyond disturbing.

Last edited:
Nope.....a lot has changed since the Serpico deal....internal affairs now handles problem cops, and no officer need be named for putting them onto somebody.
Nonsense.

Unless we are talking about some hick police department without a union, Internal Affairs investigators' hands are tied without supportive evidence to bring charges with. Just dropping an anonymous dime on some screwball or uniformed criminal is pointless. Testimony is necessary -- and if you don't know that, you should.

Police unions are powerful. Consequently, a cop can have charges lodged against him every day but without evidence to support those charges the worst that will happen to him is undesirable assignment.

Police are facing a growing number of well-armed and body-armored criminals these days....criminals with no fear of prison or execution. Would you have them using revolvers and shotguns while facing Glocks and AK-74s?
The last time I heard of any such circumstance was the 1997 L.A. bank holdup which appeared to be inspired by the movie, Heat. The only other situation that came close to civilians mounting an effective armed defense against police was the Waco raid -- which was illegal to begin with.

So what can you show us to support your premise that civilian police need to be equipped like, and behave like, combat troops?

No-Knocks have been ruled Constitutional where the officers may encounter gunfire by knocking and identifying themselves. And stun grenades are a non-lethal way of disorienting criminals inside, thus avoiding potential exchanges of gunfire.
This latitude is being abused on a daily basis as evidenced by the circumstances reported in the vast majority of examples of no-knock raids. Police are getting away with this abuse because no significant issue has yet been made of it.

This is a situation which will need to get worse before it gets better. But when the pendulum does swing the other way the good will suffer along with and because of the bad.

The officer had the right, with a missing child, to enter back yards without warrants.

However, he should have had a can of repellant spray out with his baton when he did so. If a dog advanced, the officer easily cold have repelled him.

Traintime, we are going to hold police officers accountable for their actions.

They don't get free passes because they are LEO.

Because they are LEO, their actions must be scrutinized carefully.

Most of the time they do. This happened in my city where there was a big stink. The guy shot like a 10 or 11 year old wiener dog just for barking at him "aggressively" and running up at him when he was in the wiener dog's yard. The cop was cleared of any wrong doing, but soon after left the PD. I mean a granny with a bad hip and a cane can hold her own against an old dachshund.

Sometimes the local PD will shoot pits and the like running loose after they have reports of aggression. They started using this telescoping harness thing to try to stop having to shoot some of them, but recently a dog they caught in it died on the way to the pound--they think it damaged its windpipe when they looped it on its neck because the dog was fine when they first caged it for transport and it was only like a 15 minute trip.

Forum List

Back