What The Hell Happened To Renee Zellweger?

Every starlet has a shelf life.

No, beauty is not in the eyes of the beholder.

146532556_ad2ce9f325_b_zps5a58d699.jpg

agecomp_zps3f0ab54a.jpg

I don't see much difference in any of those women except for the chubby ones look less attractive.
All are the SAME person. The facial features in each photo are slightly altered to serve a point

He did the same with Miss Universe contestants.

composite%20image2.jpg

What is your point with this? What do these women have to do with anything? :cuckoo:

The conversation evolved. You can see what my point is by expanding the nested comments. There are objective metrics to how people judge facial beauty. You never come across someone who claims that a "1" is really a "10" and vice versa, so beauty is not in the eye of the beholder.

I think that it is. Of course, there are extremes, which is what you are referring to, but some people think that their at best "5" wife OR husband is the most gorgeous thing on the planet. Different people like different things too. Some men like Asian women, some men like African American women, some men like Latino women, some men like Caucasian women. Some men like breasts, some like butts, some like legs, etc. You are trying to apply your own personal standard of beauty universally, and it will never work.

The bottom pictures . . . there really isn't much of a difference at all. All of them are relatively attractive females who you would be lucky to have approach you, I'm sure. Lol!
The age category photos were all pulled from "10s"

Ahem! :biggrin:

celebs-then-and-now-79.jpg

This post got all messed up, and for some reason I can't edit it. So here is the picture I posted, and I said "ahem." :D

The bottom pictures . . . there really isn't much of a difference at all. All of them are relatively attractive females who you would be lucky to have approach you, I'm sure. Lol!
The age category photos were all pulled from "10s"

Ahem! :biggrin:

This post got all messed up, and for some reason I can't edit it. So here is the picture I posted, and I said "ahem." :D

OK. So which is more attractive, younger or older? Will any women, or fancy pants men, step forward and claim that the older Arnold is more attractive? You know, apply their subjective standards to his handsomeness.

On a different front though, Arnold the rich bastard who oozes charisma, celebrity and power is going to be attractive to a lot of women, even younger women. Jane Fonda won't have that same appeal to young men.

OK. So which is more attractive, younger or older? Will any women, or fancy pants men, step forward and claim that the older Arnold is more attractive? You know, apply their subjective standards to his handsomeness.

On a different front though, Arnold the rich bastard who oozes charisma, celebrity and power is going to be attractive to a lot of women, even younger women. Jane Fonda won't have that same appeal to young men.

Certainly, that was my whole point, that the reason why Renee looks different is because she is being unfairly compared to a picture taken 20 years ago, but that certainly doesn't make her unattractive now. Yes, she looks "different." That goes without saying. People look different when they get older. Lol. That is life, and then you die.

I think you are wrong, and that there are plenty of young men that would go for an older rich woman. :D Look at Liz Taylor! I'm 36, and I don't have any problems attracting younger men. :D Not to brag of course.

Oh, another point I would like to make is that a lot of men prefer older women because they are more mellow and less demanding, and a lot of men find them to be better and more uninhibited in the bedroom too. Lol! :wink_2: True story.

younger ...older.... never mattered to me...

what matters for humanoids is the right chemistry.

but

that's another thread :biggrin:

Certainly, that was my whole point, that the reason why Renee looks different is because she is being unfairly compared to a picture taken 20 years ago, but that certainly doesn't make her unattractive now. Yes, she looks "different." That goes without saying. People look different when they get older. Lol. That is life, and then you die.

Apparently it doesn't go without saying. No one is slagging Jane Fonda for looking old, nor Betty White, and I don't think anyone was upchucking into a paper bag at the sight of an older Renee Zellweger. Most everyone though was commenting on how different she looks, how they can't see the path from point A (4 years ago) to point B (yesterday.) That's what makes the photo newsworthy.

I think you are wrong, and that there are plenty of young men that would go for an older rich woman. :D Look at Liz Taylor! I'm 36, and I don't have any problems attracting younger men. :D Not to brag of course.

Enjoy it while it lasts. Attracting men and keeping men are two different games. Pretty young women have an easier time keeping men than do older women who attract the attention of younger men. This though is really a whole other topic.

Apparently it doesn't go without saying. No one is slagging Jane Fonda for looking old, nor Betty White, and I don't think anyone was upchucking into a paper bag at the sight of an older Renee Zellweger. Most everyone though was commenting on how different she looks, how they can't see the path from point A (4 years ago) to point B (yesterday.) That's what makes the photo newsworthy.

Enjoy it while it lasts. Attracting men and keeping men are two different games. Pretty young women have an easier time keeping men than do older women who attract the attention of younger men. This though is really a whole other topic.

Yes well, I'm not really interested in younger men. :D That was not the point. The point was you make it sound as if women are only beautiful up until a certain age and then they are no longer attractive, and you would be wrong. A person is either beautiful (which normally lasts for years), or they are not so beautiful. Besides, looks can be the attracting factor, but if a person is ONLY interested in you for that, then he is NOT a keeper.

Oh, another point I would like to make is that a lot of men prefer older women because they are more mellow and less demanding, and a lot of men find them to be better and more uninhibited in the bedroom too. Lol! :wink_2: True story.
Less demanding is a function of market forces in the dating world. Younger women have the POWER to be more demanding and so they use that bargaining power.

She's a Victoria's Secret model with a flawless figure and face to match.

So it's no wonder Rosie Huntington-Whiteley is most men's dream woman.

But new research has revealed the Transformers star's power over the opposite sex is so strong, it is similar to the effects of cocaine.

It is Rosie's baby-face features that give men that same type of rush, Men's Health reported​

The study, conducted by Harvard University researchers, found the face of an attractive woman triggers the same reward centres in a man's brain as the narcotic.

Test subjects were shown images of attractive females, and brain imaging scans revealed that reward circuitry fired off when they looked at comely faces.

A prominent curved forehead, eyes, nose and mouth located relatively low, large eyes, round cheeks and a small chin were among the features men found most attractive.​

Less demanding is a function of market forces in the dating world. Younger women have the POWER to be more demanding and so the use that bargaining power.

She's a Victoria's Secret model with a flawless figure and face to match.

So it's no wonder Rosie Huntington-Whiteley is most men's dream woman.

But new research has revealed the Transformers star's power over the opposite sex is so strong, it is similar to the effects of cocaine.

It is Rosie's baby-face features that give men that same type of rush, Men's Health reported​

The study, conducted by Harvard University researchers, found the face of an attractive woman triggers the same reward centres in a man's brain as the narcotic.

Test subjects were shown images of attractive females, and brain imaging scans revealed that reward circuitry fired off when they looked at comely faces.

A prominent curved forehead, eyes, nose and mouth located relatively low, large eyes, round cheeks and a small chin were among the features men found most attractive.​

It's not her baby face! It's the fact that these women are "on display" showing much more than your average women, so of course they are in men's fantasies!!! You are SO naive. Besides, most of YOU would not stand a chance in hell, so keep fantasizing! :lmao:

You are incredibly silly.

Yes well, I'm not really interested in younger men. :D That was not the point. The point was you make it sound as if women are only beautiful up until a certain age and then they are no longer attractive, and you would be wrong. A person is either beautiful (which normally lasts for years), or they are not so beautiful. Besides, looks can be the attracting factor, but if a person is ONLY interested in you for that, then he is NOT a keeper.

Youth, regardless of physical beauty, is a force multiplier for women. A young plain Jane is better looking than a middle-aged plain Jane.

Youth, regardless of physical beauty, is a force multiplier for women. A young plain Jane is better looking than a middle-aged plain Jane.

Bwa-ha-ha! A Victoria's Secret model, but it's about her FACE! Please, you are growing more and more desperate trying to prove some silly point. Beauty is beauty period.

I'll bet if Renee Zellwegger walked up to you, you would be speechless like the dork that you probably are. :D

Oh, and that's another point. All young women are certainly NOT beautiful, not even the majority of them. Real natural beauty is actually quite rare. A lot of young (and older) women have a big nose, a big chin, a skinny face, a fat face, a big forehead, etc. Women of all ages (up to a certain point of course) can have physical beauty, and ALL women who are beautiful are going to have to come to terms with the fact that as they age, their beauty will diminish. Men too. Of course, both men and women can use money and power to lure a partner, but that is not the kind of partner that you want to have. Of course if you are an extremely shallow person, like our Ridiculous Rik here, then well . . . . you get what you deserve. :)

Bwa-ha-ha! A Victoria's Secret model, but it's about her FACE! Please, you are growing more and more desperate trying to prove some silly point. Beauty is beauty period.

I'll bet if Renee Zellwegger walked up to you, you would be speechless like the dork that you probably are. :D
Neoteny:

Neoteny is the retention, by adults in a species, of traits previously seen only in juveniles (pedomorphosis/paedomorphosis), and is a subject studied in the field of developmental biology.

In neoteny, the physiological (or somatic) development of an animal or organism is slowed or delayed.

Ultimately this process results in the retention, in the adults of a species, of juvenile physical characteristics well into maturity.
In terms of sexual attraction, neoteny is a powerful driver for men:

This paper reports cross-cultural evidence that males in five populations (Brazilians, U.S. Americans, Russians, Ache,and Hiwi) show an attraction to females with neotenous facial proportions (a combination of large eyes, small noses, and full lips) even after female age is controlled for​

Neoteny:

Neoteny is the retention, by adults in a species, of traits previously seen only in juveniles (pedomorphosis/paedomorphosis), and is a subject studied in the field of developmental biology.

In neoteny, the physiological (or somatic) development of an animal or organism is slowed or delayed.

Ultimately this process results in the retention, in the adults of a species, of juvenile physical characteristics well into maturity.
In terms of sexual attraction, neoteny is a powerful driver for men:

This paper reports cross-cultural evidence that males in five populations (Brazilians, U.S. Americans, Russians, Ache,and Hiwi) show an attraction to females with neotenous facial proportions (a combination of large eyes, small noses, and full lips) even after female age is controlled for​

So . . . you are saying that most men prefer elves?

I don't care about some papers you find on the internet. Different people prefer different characteristics in a mate. That is a fact that you cannot dispute.

It's so stupid because those are characteristics of SOME people, not all younger people! :rolleyes-41: Unbelievable! YES, even young people have different facial features. Unless you're talking about infants and toddlers.

Forum List

Back