What the Civil War was really about. Tariffs versus Free Trade

Somehow it figures that a racist moron would have a racist depiction of the first lady as their avatar and then know not a darn thing about the civil war and its oh so obvious cause. One has to wonder how people can be so dumb with so much information available today?

The *Civil War was over Slavery

HAHAHA. You haven't understood a word this board has said have you?. The war could not possibly have been about slavery since BOTH sides practiced slavery throughout the war. Case closed, nitwit.
You don't even know that slavery was illegal in the northern states?? What the fuck are you arguing over if you're this fucking stupid?

Okay- some apples and oranges here.

Slavery was legal in Slave holding states- which we would consider Southern States.

4 of those Southern States did not secede- they were part of the Union but I would not call them "Northern".

Yes- slavery was legal in the Union- both before the war started- and after. That was essentially why the 13th Amendment was necessary.
Nope, slavery was illegal in the north:

Vermont, 1777†
Pennsylvania, 1780††
Massachusetts, 1783
Connecticut, 1784††
Rhode Island, 1784†††
Ohio, 1802
New Jersey, 1804††
Indiana, 1820
New York, 1827
Iowa, 1839
Illinois, 1843
New Hampshire. 1857†††

† = not strictly enforced
†† = only applied to folks born after the abolition laws passed
††† = freed most slaves. Rest were freed by the 13th Amendment

Slavery in the North

It is almost like you didn't actually read my post.

Slavery was legal in Slave holding states- which we would consider Southern States.

4 of those Southern States did not secede- they were part of the Union but I would not call them "Northern".

Yes- slavery was legal in the Union- both before the war started- and after. That was essentially why the 13th Amendment was necessary.
West Virginia was actually created due to them not seceding and they were able to have slaves.

Importing a few bottles of wine for rich slave owners hardly made up for the imbalance of trade. As a primarily agricultural society, the South for the majority of whites was a subsistence economy. They produced what they consumed.The South's revenue depended upon exports and that depended on low tariffs for trading partners. The North was, indeed, industrial and did not want competition from Europe. That made for conflict in law, but the South's slave-based élite was married to the very slaves they held in bondage and contempt. So, the Southern position was about slavery, even for those who chose not to recognize the fact.

So now you demonstrate yet even more ignorance by not knowing the difference between the northern states and the border states. :eusa_doh:

There is no difference, you fool. The border states were definitely northern states. The could have joined the confederacy but they chose to go with the union. THINK

Lagos Nigeria.

lagos-city-nigeria-image.jpg

I doubt if that really is nigeria but if it is, it was built by outsiders from america or europe or china. Blacks can't even operate a yardstick.

So now you demonstrate yet even more ignorance by not knowing the difference between the northern states and the border states. :eusa_doh:

There is no difference, you fool. The border states were definitely northern states. The could have joined the confederacy but they chose to go with the union. THINK

LOL....you think Maryland is a 'Northern State'? Kentucky is a "Northern State"?

And you think Missouri is a "Northern" State?

You don't know any Southerners do you?

[

West Virginia was actually created due to them not seceding and they were able to have slaves.

That's not what happened, you fool. In 1860 WV was part of virginia and the whole state seceded. Then the western part of the state decided to join the union and lincoln let them. Lincoln said he opposed secession but the hypocrite made an exception when parts of the CSA wanted to secede!!

LOL....you think Maryland is a 'Northern State'? Kentucky is a "Northern State"?

They chose to align themselves with the north, you fool. During the CW they were part of the north and they were slave states.. THINK

[

That's not what happened, you fool. In 1860 WV was part of virginia and the whole state seceded. Then the western part of the state decided to join the union and lincoln let them. Lincoln said he opposed secession but the hypocrite made an exception when parts of the CSA wanted to secede!!

Thats a longer version of what I said moron. THINK

Last edited:

They chose to align themselves with the north, you fool. During the CW they were part of the north and they were slave states.. THINK

During the Civil War- they were part of the United States- and part of the Union faction.

They were never part of the "North".

Anyone who has ever been in any of those states would know that they are not Northern.

[

Your way was incomprehensible. Keep the ebonics to yourself, please.

During the Civil War- they were part of the United States- and part of the Union faction.

Anyone who has ever been in any of those states would know that they are not Northern.

During the CW, Union and The North meant the same thing. Clear now?

[

Your way was incomprehensible. Keep the ebonics to yourself, please.
Its only incomprehensible if you are retarded. I would never speak Ebonics to white trash. You obviously have a hard time with your own native language.

During the CW, Union and The North meant the same thing. Clear now?

And we are no longer fighting the Civil War- and those states have never been part of the North- they were 'border states' and they were Southern states that did not secede- and they were loyal American states.

And we are no longer fighting the Civil War- and those states have never been part of the North- they were 'border states' and they were Southern states that did not secede- and they were loyal American states.
As long as their initial loyalty wasn't pushed too hard regarding the matter of slavery.

Well we should be kind to the OP.

He thinks that Africa is like a Tarzan movie.

Not like this.

View attachment 44795

I don't know where that pic was taken but it was prolly South Africa, the only first world country on the whole continent. It, of course, was built by whites though blacks are destroying it as i type.

Like these cities:

th

upload_2015-7-22_14-46-40.jpeg

Neither of those two pictures are from South Africa...

Also your knowledge of American History and the History between the Blue and Grey is appalling...

First off the war between the Union States and the Confederate States was not really a civil war, and was just a war. The Confederate states had already left the Union and formed their own nation when they attacked a Union Fort in a Southern State that Lincoln refused to surrender.

Second, Lincoln was abolitionist from the old WHIG party and was the first Republican President to get elected. From the WHIG party came two Political Parties and one was the Republican and the other was the American Party which is known as the Know Nothing Movement.

The newly formed Republican Party were against the spreading of slavery in New Territories, and in fact Lincoln was not going to abolish slavery in the south but it became a punishment after the Confederate States insurrection against the North...

Finally, you should read the actual history of the Insurrection and not the White Power idiot guide...

Well we should be kind to the OP.

He thinks that Africa is like a Tarzan movie.

Not like this.

View attachment 44795

I don't know where that pic was taken but it was prolly South Africa, the only first world country on the whole continent. It, of course, was built by whites though blacks are destroying it as i type.

Finally, you should read the actual history of the Insurrection and not the White Power idiot guide...

LOL- very nicely put.

Forum List

Back