What should we expect?

Abbey Normal

Jul 9, 2005
Mid-Atlantic region
We have brand new neighbors in the house right next door to ours. One of their cars looks like what I have been taught on this board to call, a "Ricer". It is a small kind of shapeless car (I'll have to check the model) with a rather big goofy spoiler on the back. I don't have other details yet.

What does this bode for us? Are there common Ricer traits that we will have to live with?

Abbey Normal said:
We have brand new neighbors in the house right next door to ours. One of their cars looks like what I have been taugh on this board to call, a "Ricer". It is a small kind of shapeless car (I'll have to check the model) with a rather big goofy spoiler on the back. I don't have other details yet.

What does this bode for us? Are there common Ricer traits that we will have to live with?

Noise

dilloduck said:
music noise--- :terror:

Come now.. I drive a relatively responsible looking car, and plenty of music noise comes out of it.. Don't be so biased. :D

Shattered said:
Come now.. I drive a relatively responsible looking car, and plenty of music noise comes out of it.. Don't be so biased. :D

You call GZ your "big goofy spoiler" too ?

manu1959 said:
the smell of kim che.....and keep an eye on your dogs :fifty:
"Kim che"?- that's Korean, isn't it?-
fermented cabbage, or some such thing.

I thought Koreans drove Hyundais.

And I think the Chinese are the ones who favor dogs.

Abbey Normal said:
Update: It's a Subaru, and it also has that raised up open grilly thing on the hood.
Is it an Impreza WRX STI?
Subaru-Impreza-1280.jpg

Those spoilers and hood things are factory options. Perhaps it's not as bad as you might think.

Rice would mean if the bumper color didn't match the body color, it had a bunch of racing stickers on it, and the spoiler looked like it was literally ripped off a 737 and bolted onto the trunk.

USViking said:
"Kim che"?- that's Korean, isn't it?-
fermented cabbage, or some such thing.

I thought Koreans drove Hyundais.

And I think the Chinese are the ones who favor dogs.

could be a mixed marriage :flameth:

Abbey Normal said:
Update: It's a Subaru, and it also has that raised up open grilly thing on the hood.
Clay nailed it on the description.

really, like the other posters, you can expect a noise from the car like it has an exhaust manifold problem, but they do this on purpose. I had a truck a few years ago with a hole in its manifold, and it sounded just like these cars do, but solely by accident.

The hood scoop thing is likely fake, and something that is just glued on. It is just for looks, as it is a fuel injected car, so it has no way of being functional.

The spoilers make the car look like if they were extended a bit taller, the car could pass for a giant lawnmower.

oh, and expect loud thumping music, that rivals the noise coming from the fart can on their tailpipe(s).

to see more definitions (and funny insults) of ricers, go to this site www.ricecop.com and laugh yourself silly!

If that is it, he probably spent close to 33K for the car. I wouldn't worry about it until something comes up.

I would be more worried if my next door neighbor had one of these:

normal_ricer.jpg

or one of these:

052721.jpg

fuzzykitten99 said:
Clay nailed it on the description.

really, like the other posters, you can expect a noise from the car like it has an exhaust manifold problem, but they do this on purpose. I had a truck a few years ago with a hole in its manifold, and it sounded just like these cars do, but solely by accident.

The hood scoop thing is likely fake, and something that is just glued on. It is just for looks, as it is a fuel injected car, so it has no way of being functional.

The spoilers make the car look like if they were extended a bit taller, the car could pass for a giant lawnmower.

oh, and expect loud thumping music, that rivals the noise coming from the fart can on their tailpipe(s).

to see more definitions (and funny insults) of ricers, go to this site www.ricecop.com and laugh yourself silly!
If I'm not mistaken, the hood scoop is for providing air to the intercooler. I think it serves some function.

The ClayTaurus said:
Is it an Impreza WRX STI?
Subaru-Impreza-1280.jpg

Those spoilers and hood things are factory options. Perhaps it's not as bad as you might think.

Rice would mean if the bumper color didn't match the body color, it had a bunch of racing stickers on it, and the spoiler looked like it was literally ripped off a 737 and bolted onto the trunk.

Wow, that thing is ugly. Like a wannabe muscle car.

The front end is kinda sporty though.

The ClayTaurus said:
If I'm not mistaken, the hood scoop is for providing air to the intercooler. I think it serves some function.
could be, but the age of the guy driving it would help determine whether it were real or not. 99% of the time, the scoop is just a stick on, and there is no actual hole in the hood. Even then, if it is real, the little function it has, isn't all that measurable in terms of performance increases, unless they replaced it with an aftermarket one. Hood scoops work more effectively on carbureted vehicles.

Forum List

Back