Actress: 9/11 our fault

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
Actress: 9/11 our fault :puke3: :moon4:

By MAGGIE HABERMAN
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Maggie Gyllenhaal

Actress Maggie Gyllenhaal, star of a new flick about the aftermath of 9/11, believes the United States "is responsible in some way" for the devastating terror attacks.
Gyllenhaal, 27, made the comments at the Tribeca Film Festival, where her new movie "The Great New Wonderful" - which has a plot centered on the destruction of the World Trade Center - premiered Friday.

"I think what's good about the movie is that it deals with 9/11 in such a subtle, open way that I think it allows it to be more complicated than just, 'Oh, look at these poor New Yorkers and how hard it was for them,'" Gyllenhaal told the NY1 cable channel.

"Because I think America has done reprehensible things and is responsible in some way and so I think the delicacy with which it's dealt allows that to sort of creep in," she added.

A lower East Side native, Gyllenhaal's new film focuses on a handful of New Yorkers coping with their pain about a year after the Sept. 11, 2001, terror strike.

The 27-year-old vaulted to stardom after appearing in "Secretary" as a mousy assistant.

The film festival where Gyllenhaal spoke was launched by actor Robert De Niro in 2002 as a way to help scarred lower Manhattan rebound.

Originally published on April 24, 2005

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/gossip/story/302977p-259389c.html

Stephanie said:
Actress: 9/11 our fault :puke3: :moon4:

By MAGGIE HABERMAN
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Maggie Gyllenhaal

Actress Maggie Gyllenhaal, star of a new flick about the aftermath of 9/11, believes the United States "is responsible in some way" for the devastating terror attacks.
Gyllenhaal, 27, made the comments at the Tribeca Film Festival, where her new movie "The Great New Wonderful" - which has a plot centered on the destruction of the World Trade Center - premiered Friday.

"I think what's good about the movie is that it deals with 9/11 in such a subtle, open way that I think it allows it to be more complicated than just, 'Oh, look at these poor New Yorkers and how hard it was for them,'" Gyllenhaal told the NY1 cable channel.

"Because I think America has done reprehensible things and is responsible in some way and so I think the delicacy with which it's dealt allows that to sort of creep in," she added.

A lower East Side native, Gyllenhaal's new film focuses on a handful of New Yorkers coping with their pain about a year after the Sept. 11, 2001, terror strike.

The 27-year-old vaulted to stardom after appearing in "Secretary" as a mousy assistant.

The film festival where Gyllenhaal spoke was launched by actor Robert De Niro in 2002 as a way to help scarred lower Manhattan rebound.

Originally published on April 24, 2005

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/gossip/story/302977p-259389c.html

oh ya--it's like our Karma, man ! :wank:

great
another celebrity trying to dazzle us with their "listen to me in famous" bullshit. i think this is why there havent been any good movies latley.

Johnney said:
great
another celebrity trying to dazzle us with their "listen to me in famous" bullshit. i think this is why there havent been any good movies latley.

Funny thing is, shes not that famous. Other then some made for TV movies and being the sister of brokeback fag Jake Gyllenhaal, shes a nobody. This is just a ploy to get her name out there.

Forum List

Back