What should our goal be with eliminating foreign influence?

Toronado3800

Gold Member
Nov 15, 2009
What's the end game? If we ban ads from Russia, China or wherever they'll just have someone who is a citizen post them and then we can't silence our citizens.

I suppose we can at least require "Foreign" ads be labeled as such. I don't entirely want to make every political contribution anyone makes public. There is a difference though between free speech and secret speech.

Is that where we're heading? An internet where you can look up who posted everything or who paid for every ad? Is that where we should go?

What's the end game? If we ban ads from Russia, China or wherever they'll just have someone who is a citizen post them and then we can't silence our citizens.

I suppose we can at least require "Foreign" ads be labeled as such. I don't entirely want to make every political contribution anyone makes public. There is a difference though between free speech and secret speech.

Is that where we're heading? An internet where you can look up who posted everything or who paid for every ad? Is that where we should go?

Are you influenced by ads?

Forum List

Back