What should happen to US-born kids of illegal aliens being deported?

They need to change the ammendment which allows anyone born in this country citizenship.

No other country in the world does that.

The ammendment was put in to cover the children of freed slaves. To make sure they were recognized as American citizens.

The ammendment did its job. Its time to change it.

It should read that your an American citizen if at least one of your parents is an American citizen.

Changing the ammendment would get rid of the anchor baby bullshit and save the taxpayers a lot of money. No citizenship no hand out for welfare.

You know that's not the slightest bit true, right?

Many countries have birthright citizenship, including almost every country in North and South America.

We don't choose where we're born. Should be able to live anywhere we want. If someone's born in country A they should be entitled to be recognized as citizens of that country. They play no role in what their parents do or what laws are broken, they're blameless.

>

Not sure why it's that difficult of a question. Seems pretty self-evident to me.

Two stage process:

Stage 1. Get a determination from the parents, "Yes" or "No" will the child be returning to the home country of the parents?

If "Yes", children accompany the parents and can return to the United States at a later time.

If "No", move to stage 2
Stage 2. The parents indicate the child should stay in the United States, so evaluate how that can be achieved.

Family - the child remains in the United States with family here legally.

Legal Guardian - the child remains in the United States with a non-family member that comes forward willing to take on legal responsibility for the child.

Foster Care - the parents turn the child over to the state for Foster Care placement.

If no family, legal guardian or if the parents won't relinquish the child to Foster Care then the answer to Stage 1 is really "Yes" and the child goes with the parents and can return to the United States when they grow up.

You were doing well up to the Foster Care option. Try this, go you your state child welfare agency and tell them "I'm bored being a parent, here, you guys take my kids off my hands" and see what happens.

It's not the State's responsibility to make the child's life better, their job is to protect the kid from parental harm. Being poorer in Mexico than in the US is not harm, having less opportunity in Mexico than in the US is not harm, losing one's friends in the US by having to move to Mexico is not harm. Secondly, the mission of Child Welfare is to keep families intact if at all possible, so the desire to have a kid grow up in the US is not a sufficient reason to split up the family and stick the taxpayers with the bill for raising the kid.

Agree. It isn't LEGAL US citizens that asked these filthy, law breaking, tax sucking, disease ridden, lice infested illegals to come to the US and breed like bunnies. THEY did this to their children, not the US govt.

If they gave a rat's back side about their children they would have provided a better life for their children. The reality is, they wanted a better life for themselves. I don't really care what happens to their children. Makes no difference to me. If mommy and dadddy wouldn't have been lowly law breakers they wouldn't have this problem.

Considering Mexico boasts of having 25% of their ENTIRE population living in the US (that's 25,000,000 people, btw), I think 17,000 is a drop in the bucket.

It is always a pleasure to be able to quote a post, and have the post, itself, provide a definitive negative profile of the poster, without my having to add a single word of criticism of said poster. Saves time and effort.

Last edited:
An interesting comparison.

I am a US Citizen living and working in Mexico. I see things I NEVER saw/knew about living in the US.

But, just for the sake of comparison... two illegals drive across the border with a vehicle loaded with illegal drugs. They have their three kids with them. I'm using this example because I actually saw it happen and asked questions.

The parents were arrested by US Customs and the kids returned to the govt of Mexico. No debating, it's just simply done.

As for kids born in the US to illegals - what "should" be is a silly point. What "is" would be the issue. It's RARE for Mom and Dad to be deported anyway. But in the rare case that they are deported they do have a choice. Take your kid with you or the kid goes to foster care/with other family members at the expense of those who actually work for a living.

So you are assuming that all undocumented people with kids are drug runners? What a perfectly right wing thing to do.

What happens to kids of illegals born in other foreign countries, when their parents are caught... they are NOT citizens of those countries and are deported with the parents!....Simple matter of making them NON CITIZENS with a 60 majority Republican Senate and a Republican president.... Law done and let the Pond Scum take that to SCOTUS!

I am a US Citizen living and working in Mexico. I see things I NEVER saw/knew about living in the US.

But, just for the sake of comparison... two illegals drive across the border with a vehicle loaded with illegal drugs. They have their three kids with them. I'm using this example because I actually saw it happen and asked questions.

The parents were arrested by US Customs and the kids returned to the govt of Mexico. No debating, it's just simply done.

As for kids born in the US to illegals - what "should" be is a silly point. What "is" would be the issue. It's RARE for Mom and Dad to be deported anyway. But in the rare case that they are deported they do have a choice. Take your kid with you or the kid goes to foster care/with other family members at the expense of those who actually work for a living.

So you are assuming that all undocumented people with kids are drug runners? What a perfectly right wing thing to do.

Are you reading challenged? What part of the following confuses you?

"But, just for the sake of comparison..."

Or...

"I'm using this EXAMPLE...."

It's a pretty common scenario today. Illegal alien parents who produced kids in the U.S., get busted and deported. What happens to their U.S. citizen kids? Especially young kids, barely past toddler stage?

Those parents are very unlikely to be deported.

More than 17000 with one or more legal children were deported in 2013. That's a lot of broken families, and assuming many of them had more than one child, even more children in untenable positions. I guess that is just another way to demonstrate the loving, compassionate, Christian nation that so many claim we have.

Children of Americans who have committed crimes get separated from their parents also when they get incarcerated. Sometimes it can be for years. Are you also going to cry to cry for them? Christianity is based on respecting laws and his commandments and illegal aliens break many of them. Where's your compassion for America families that have been negatively impacted by illegal immigration? Parent lawbreaker whether they be foreign or domestic do not get a pass on justice just because they have kids nor should they.

They aren't exported to another country are they? Of course I expect nothing different from right wingers who advocate shooting refuge children who are fleeing rape and death by drug cartels on sight. What a Christian thing to do.

It's a pretty common scenario today. Illegal alien parents who produced kids in the U.S., get busted and deported. What happens to their U.S. citizen kids? Especially young kids, barely past toddler stage?

More than 17000 with one or more legal children were deported in 2013. That's a lot of broken families, and assuming many of them had more than one child, even more children in untenable positions. I guess that is just another way to demonstrate the loving, compassionate, Christian nation that so many claim we have.

Children of Americans who have committed crimes get separated from their parents also when they get incarcerated. Sometimes it can be for years. Are you also going to cry to cry for them? Christianity is based on respecting laws and his commandments and illegal aliens break many of them. Where's your compassion for America families that have been negatively impacted by illegal immigration? Parent lawbreaker whether they be foreign or domestic do not get a pass on justice just because they have kids nor should they.

They aren't exported to another country are they? Of course I expect nothing different from right wingers who advocate shooting refuge children who are fleeing rape and death by drug cartels on sight. What a Christian thing to do.

What so-called right wingers have advocated for that? Only a handful of radicals might. Typical liberal to demonize conservatives for those idiots. It has yet to be proven that these so-called refugee kids were fleeing rape and death by drug cartels in their own countries. When questioned it was reported that they said they came here to get in on Obama's big amnesty and were told to plead refugee status by their parents as they know we are a soft touch. The Christian thing to do would be to not violate our borders illegally and make false claims to gain entry.

Are you reading challenged? What part of the following confuses you?

"But, just for the sake of comparison..."

Or...

"I'm using this EXAMPLE...."

com·par·i·son
noun \kəm-ˈper-ə-sən, -ˈpa-rə-\ .
: the act of looking at things to see how they are similar or different
: the act of suggesting that two or more things are similar or in the same category

ex·am·ple
iɡˈzampəl/
noun
noun: example; plural noun: examples
  1. 1.
    a thing characteristic of its kind or illustrating a general rule.
    "it's a good example of how European action can produce results"
    synonyms:specimen, sample, exemplar, exemplification, instance, case, illustration, case in point
    "a fine example of Chinese porcelain"
    [TBODY] [/TBODY]
Either of the two definitions implies that the two are substantially the same. I ask again....Are you are assuming that all undocumented people with kids are drug runners as are the drug runners you sited as your example?

We don't choose where we're born. Should be able to live anywhere we want. If someone's born in country A they should be entitled to be recognized as citizens of that country. They play no role in what their parents do or what laws are broken, they're blameless.

Take it up with the governments of the world then and good luck with that, lol. Yes, the parents are to blame but why should the kids get rewards for their parent's lawbreaking?

WTH is an "undocumented" people?

They need to change the ammendment which allows anyone born in this country citizenship.

The ammendment was put in to cover the children of freed slaves. To make sure they were recognized as American citizens.

It should read that your an American citizen if at least one of your parents is an American citizen.

Changing the ammendment would get rid of the anchor baby bullshit and save the taxpayers a lot of money. No citizenship no hand out for welfare.

Many countries have birthright citizenship, including almost every country in North and South America.

Do those countries have a massive illegal immigration problem like we do? Um, no.

What so-called right wingers have advocated for that? Only a handful of radicals might. Typical liberal to demonize conservatives for those idiots. It has yet to be proven that these so-called refugee kids were fleeing rape and death by drug cartels in their own countries. When questioned it was reported that they said they came here to get in on Obama's big amnesty and were told to plead refugee status by their parents as they know we are a soft touch. The Christian thing to do would be to not violate our borders illegally and make false claims to gain entry.

Sure. That handful of radicals call all the shots for the GOP/TP. No credible source said they weren't actual refugees fleeing the highest murder rate in the entire western hemisphere. Of course, if you believe the claims made by Louie Gohmert, or fox or Hannity, you wouldn't be aware of that.

Last edited:

Take it up with the governments of the world then and good luck with that, lol. Yes, the parents are to blame but why should the kids get rewards for their parent's lawbreaking?

In our country, before you can punish somebody they have to have done something bad. A baby doesn't assume any blame for where its' mother delivers them.

You're proposal is punishing a baby much as the Catholics do for things like not being baptized which consigns babies to Hell. So guess you're in good company.

WTH is an "undocumented" people?

I will be happy to discuss ideas with you, but if you have trouble with big words, you'll have to look them up yourself.

Do those countries have a massive illegal immigration problem like we do? Um, no.

So now you want to be more like Mexico? That's what I thought.

If people want to amend the Constitution, they should focus on that goal. Seems they are easily distracted.

There is no Amendment necessary. The mistake is in the interpretation, and even the author of the Amendment has said that birthright citizenship was not the intent of it.

Mark

Forum List

Back