What should happen to US-born kids of illegal aliens being deported?

They need to change the ammendment which allows anyone born in this country citizenship.

No other country in the world does that.
False.

1.jpg

Nearly the entire Western Hemisphere grants birthright citizenship, including virtually all of the North American Continent.

And how many of these countries have the massive illegal immigration problem that we do?
Irrelevant to the point, which was that the United States is not the only country in the world with birthright citizenship. Either Claudette was completely ignorant about birthright citizenship in other countries or willfully lying.

The kids go with their parents back to the parents' homeland.
They should be deported, with their parents, stripped of citizenship awarded by a perversion of the 14th Amendments well intentioned protection of the descendants of slaves, and implanted with micro-chips and tracked.

If they come back, jail them.

Last edited:
If people want to amend the Constitution, they should focus on that goal. Seems they are easily distracted.

Kids born to illegal alien parents should be illegal as well, and be deported right along with their parents.
However much we'd like that to be true, the Constitution is clear on that issue. It would take an amendment to make these children illegal.
The constitution is NOT clear... the amendment in question has been being twisted for decades. What should happen is for POTUS to decide how to interpret it... OR amend it again to be very specific, and deny citizenship to those born to illegal parents illegally residing in America. As it is now, there is no clarification as giving citizenship to anyone born to ILLEGAL parents.

The kids go with their parents back to the parents' homeland.
They should be deported, with their parents, stripped of citizenship awarded by a perversion of the 14th Amendments well intentioned protection of the descendants of slaves, and implanted with micro-chips and tracked.

If they come back, jail them.
One minor point of law needs to be done first...change the 14th amendment.

Kids born to illegal alien parents should be illegal as well, and be deported right along with their parents.
However much we'd like that to be true, the Constitution is clear on that issue. It would take an amendment to make these children illegal.
The constitution is NOT clear... the amendment in question has been being twisted for decades. What should happen is for POTUS to decide how to interpret it... OR amend it again to be very specific, and deny citizenship to those born to illegal parents illegally residing in America. As it is now, there is no clarification as giving citizenship to anyone born to ILLEGAL parents.
That too would require a lawsuit brought before the Supreme Court in order for them to make such an interpretation. Anyone can start such a lawsuit.....you perhaps?

>

Not sure why it's that difficult of a question. Seems pretty self-evident to me.

Two stage process:

Stage 1. Get a determination from the parents, "Yes" or "No" will the child be returning to the home country of the parents?

If "Yes", children accompany the parents and can return to the United States at a later time.

If "No", move to stage 2
Stage 2. The parents indicate the child should stay in the United States, so evaluate how that can be achieved.

Family - the child remains in the United States with family here legally.

Legal Guardian - the child remains in the United States with a non-family member that comes forward willing to take on legal responsibility for the child.

Foster Care - the parents turn the child over to the state for Foster Care placement.

If no family, legal guardian or if the parents won't relinquish the child to Foster Care then the answer to Stage 1 is really "Yes" and the child goes with the parents and can return to the United States when they grow up.

>>>>​

That too would require a lawsuit brought before the Supreme Court in order for them to make such an interpretation. Anyone can start such a lawsuit.....you perhaps?

No lawsuit would be required. There have been bills written in congress to change birthright citizenship and they just have to be presented to the Supreme Court. Unfortunately, they get shelved by PC liberals in congress. One day it will happen though better sooner than later.

It's a pretty common scenario today. Illegal alien parents who produced kids in the U.S., get busted and deported. What happens to their U.S. citizen kids? Especially young kids, barely past toddler stage?

Those parents are very unlikely to be deported.

More than 17000 with one or more legal children were deported in 2013. That's a lot of broken families, and assuming many of them had more than one child, even more children in untenable positions. I guess that is just another way to demonstrate the loving, compassionate, Christian nation that so many claim we have.

The conservatives should be relieved to know that the government is on top of this. This is the real reason that they are setting up FEMA camps. The children will be sent there and forced to work in tamale manufacturing plants until they are old enough to be sent to the fields to pick grapes. At age 18, each one will get a 1979 Buick low rider with fringe around the inside, and 2 tattoos of his/her choice. They will then be given a map to East LA. and released.

An interesting comparison.

I am a US Citizen living and working in Mexico. I see things I NEVER saw/knew about living in the US.

But, just for the sake of comparison... two illegals drive across the border with a vehicle loaded with illegal drugs. They have their three kids with them. I'm using this example because I actually saw it happen and asked questions.

The parents were arrested by US Customs and the kids returned to the govt of Mexico. No debating, it's just simply done.

As for kids born in the US to illegals - what "should" be is a silly point. What "is" would be the issue. It's RARE for Mom and Dad to be deported anyway. But in the rare case that they are deported they do have a choice. Take your kid with you or the kid goes to foster care/with other family members at the expense of those who actually work for a living.

It's a pretty common scenario today. Illegal alien parents who produced kids in the U.S., get busted and deported. What happens to their U.S. citizen kids? Especially young kids, barely past toddler stage?

Those parents are very unlikely to be deported.

More than 17000 with one or more legal children were deported in 2013. That's a lot of broken families, and assuming many of them had more than one child, even more children in untenable positions. I guess that is just another way to demonstrate the loving, compassionate, Christian nation that so many claim we have.

Children of Americans who have committed crimes get separated from their parents also when they get incarcerated. Sometimes it can be for years. Are you also going to cry to cry for them? Christianity is based on respecting laws and his commandments and illegal aliens break many of them. Where's your compassion for America families that have been negatively impacted by illegal immigration? Parent lawbreaker whether they be foreign or domestic do not get a pass on justice just because they have kids nor should they.

Agree. It isn't LEGAL US citizens that asked these filthy, law breaking, tax sucking, disease ridden, lice infested illegals to come to the US and breed like bunnies. THEY did this to their children, not the US govt.

If they gave a rat's back side about their children they would have provided a better life for their children. The reality is, they wanted a better life for themselves. I don't really care what happens to their children. Makes no difference to me. If mommy and dadddy wouldn't have been lowly law breakers they wouldn't have this problem.

Considering Mexico boasts of having 25% of their ENTIRE population living in the US (that's 25,000,000 people, btw), I think 17,000 is a drop in the bucket.

Forum List

Back