What should happen to pols who violate their oath of office?

novasteve

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2011
Bellevue
The latest liberal trend is to ban "conversion therapy for children". Regardless of what you think of it, the reality is that liberals are banning an opinion because they don't approve of it. That's a first amendment violation. Andrew Cuomo is banning it in NY. Hillary Clinton praised him for doing it. How can hillary take the oath of office if she just celebrated a deliberate violation of the first amendment?

I fucking can't stand the westboro baptist church and their funeral protests, but they have a first amendment right to do it, and they can't be prevented from doing it. Yet here, liberals banned conversion therapy. Same violation of first amendment.

Heck, I'm curious, if libs think they can ban opinions they don't agree with, why did they chose to ban conversion therapy before banning NAMBLA? Heck I haven't even seem them suggesting they want to ban NAMBLA.

The latest liberal trend is to ban "conversion therapy for children". Regardless of what you think of it, the reality is that liberals are banning an opinion because they don't approve of it. That's a first amendment violation. Andrew Cuomo is banning it in NY. Hillary Clinton praised him for doing it. How can hillary take the oath of office if she just celebrated a deliberate violation of the first amendment?

I fucking can't stand the westboro baptist church and their funeral protests, but they have a first amendment right to do it, and they can't be prevented from doing it. Yet here, liberals banned conversion therapy. Same violation of first amendment.

Heck, I'm curious, if libs think they can ban opinions they don't agree with, why did they chose to ban conversion therapy before banning NAMBLA? Heck I haven't even seem them suggesting they want to ban NAMBLA.
What in hell is conversion therapy?

Congratulations! You just won the "DUMBEST THREAD SO FAR TODAY " trophy. I hope you enjoy it.

It's psychiatric "care" that allegedly can convert someone's sexual orientation.

It's psychiatric "care" that allegedly can convert someone's sexual orientation.

Tell the truth. It's a type of treatment that has used electroshock therapy etc. to change someone's sexual orientation based upon lgbt are mentally ill. It is a pseudoscience that has been discredited for some time. It doesn't work and does irreparable harm. Hence, discredited.

"What should happen to pols who violate their oath of office"

In general, they should lose all pension and future benefits, and be held personally/criminally responsible for any damages their violation causes.

Tell the truth. It's a type of treatment that has used electroshock therapy etc. to change someone's sexual orientation based upon lgbt are mentally ill. It is a pseudoscience that has been discredited for some time. It doesn't work and does irreparable harm. Hence, discredited.
Who has control over raising your child? You or the state?

If you agree with Novasteve on this one, hopefully not you.

It can be limited by the state. You know this. You don't have to like it but there it is.

It can be limited by the state. You know this. You don't have to like it but there it is.
So you are saying that the state has a greater RIGHT then you to decide YOUR child's sexual orientation? Interesting.

So you are saying that the state has a greater RIGHT then you to decide YOUR child's sexual orientation? Interesting.

Can you take your child to have an ice-pick lobotomy because you don't like their sexual orientation? No. Why is that?

Our Constitution says nothing about conversion therapy

Can you take your child to have an ice-pick lobotomy because you don't like their sexual orientation? No. Why is that?
Because THAT "therapy" is seen as brutal NOT the mental illness.

Just as brutal as Freud taking the penis of a heterosexual male and attaching it to a gay man. Just as brutal as electric shock therapy.

Now, you can feel free to have an opinion and spend your time praying the gay away if you must. But, AS A TYPE OF THERAPY IT HAS BEEN DISCREDITED.
http://www.apa.org/pi/lgbt/resources/therapeutic-response.pdf

Just as brutal as Freud taking the penis of a heterosexual male and attaching it to a gay man. Just as brutal as electric shock therapy.

Now, you can feel free to have an opinion and spend your time praying the gay away if you must. But, AS A TYPE OF THERAPY IT HAS BEEN DISCREDITED.
Freud preformed surgery? You got a link for that?

Not Freud, Steinach. Sorry 'bout that. Steinach botched a penis transplant.
Homosexuality - The Testicles

Not Freud, Steinach. Sorry 'bout that. Steinach botched a penis transplant.
Homosexuality - The Testicles
Well at LEAST you admit your last comment was bullsh#t. Now you want to divert from mental therapy to surgical therapy.
Which of course changes the topic of the OP to fit your agenda.

The TOPIC is mental therapy.

Forum List

Back