What should happen to pols who violate their oath of office?

Can you take your child to have an ice-pick lobotomy because you don't like their sexual orientation? No. Why is that?
Because THAT "therapy" is seen as brutal NOT the mental illness.

Just as brutal as Freud taking the penis of a heterosexual male and attaching it to a gay man. Just as brutal as electric shock therapy.

Now, you can feel free to have an opinion and spend your time praying the gay away if you must. But, AS A TYPE OF THERAPY IT HAS BEEN DISCREDITED.
http://www.apa.org/pi/lgbt/resources/therapeutic-response.pdf
Freud preformed surgery? You got a link for that?

Not Freud, Steinach. Sorry 'bout that. Steinach botched a penis transplant.
Homosexuality - The Testicles
Well at LEAST you admit your last comment was bullsh#t. Now you want to divert from mental therapy to surgical therapy.
Which of course changes the topic of the OP to fit your agenda.

The TOPIC is mental therapy.

What agenda? It's been discredited, hon. If I wanted to divert than I would not have provided you the pdf from the APA.

Conversion therapy has a long history. Ask the Mormons. Do YOU think that this history was solely just based on a bit of therapy? Surely not. It doesn't work. It didn't work before. It didn't work with electric shock therapy. It didn't work by arguing that it wasn't mental. It didn't work with the therapy. It's been discredited.

The latest liberal trend is to ban "conversion therapy for children". Regardless of what you think of it, the reality is that liberals are banning an opinion because they don't approve of it. That's a first amendment violation. Andrew Cuomo is banning it in NY. Hillary Clinton praised him for doing it. How can hillary take the oath of office if she just celebrated a deliberate violation of the first amendment?

I fucking can't stand the westboro baptist church and their funeral protests, but they have a first amendment right to do it, and they can't be prevented from doing it. Yet here, liberals banned conversion therapy. Same violation of first amendment.

Heck, I'm curious, if libs think they can ban opinions they don't agree with, why did they chose to ban conversion therapy before banning NAMBLA? Heck I haven't even seem them suggesting they want to ban NAMBLA.
This is the latest conservative lie, a demonstration of rightwing ignorance, bigotry, and stupidity.

"Conversion therapy for children" has nothing whatsoever to do with the First Amendment; its prohibition is warranted and justified given the fact such 'therapy' is reckless, irresponsible, and devoid of merit – being gay is not a 'mental illness,' where the notion of a 'cure' is bigoted idiocy.

Even those who administered this 'therapy' admit that they were wrong:

Psychiatrist who championed 'gay cure' admits he was wrong

The OP and other bigots remain at liberty to express their ignorance and hate concerning gay Americans, protected by the First Amendment; but there is no First Amendment 'right' for medical providers to practice in a manner harmful to members of society as a whole, where government regulation of such harmful practices is both appropriate and Constitutional.

Clearly the "therapy" liberals want for trannies doesn't work. They are still highly sucidal, depressed. Would libs be fine with banning that therapy or do only smug liberals get to decide what gets banned and what doesn't because they don't approve?

The latest liberal trend is to ban "conversion therapy for children". Regardless of what you think of it, the reality is that liberals are banning an opinion because they don't approve of it. That's a first amendment violation. Andrew Cuomo is banning it in NY. Hillary Clinton praised him for doing it. How can hillary take the oath of office if she just celebrated a deliberate violation of the first amendment?

I fucking can't stand the westboro baptist church and their funeral protests, but they have a first amendment right to do it, and they can't be prevented from doing it. Yet here, liberals banned conversion therapy. Same violation of first amendment.

Heck, I'm curious, if libs think they can ban opinions they don't agree with, why did they chose to ban conversion therapy before banning NAMBLA? Heck I haven't even seem them suggesting they want to ban NAMBLA.
This is the latest conservative lie, a demonstration of rightwing ignorance, bigotry, and stupidity.

"Conversion therapy for children" has nothing whatsoever to do with the First Amendment; its prohibition is warranted and justified given the fact such 'therapy' is reckless, irresponsible, and devoid of merit – being gay is not a 'mental illness,' where the notion of a 'cure' is bigoted idiocy.

Even those who administered this 'therapy' admit that they were wrong:

Psychiatrist who championed 'gay cure' admits he was wrong

The OP and other bigots remain at liberty to express their ignorance and hate concerning gay Americans, protected by the First Amendment; but there is no First Amendment 'right' for medical providers to practice in a manner harmful to members of society as a whole, where government regulation of such harmful practices is both appropriate and Constitutional.
It is still opinion/speech, which cannot be banned simply because you don't approve of it. Or do you think it's fine for me to ban LGBT speech in schools because I don't approve of it?

This was unnecessary. States can already deal with fraud. Anyone who claims or even implies they can change someone else's sexual orientation and then takes money to do so should have their license revoked. It's the same thing as marketing a cancer cure, it's taking advantage of confused, desperate people.

Clearly the "therapy" liberals want for trannies doesn't work. They are still highly sucidal, depressed. Would libs be fine with banning that therapy or do only smug liberals get to decide what gets banned and what doesn't because they don't approve?

What therapy for trannies?

What in hell is conversion therapy?
It's psychiatric "care" that allegedly can convert someone's sexual orientation.

Tell the truth. It's a type of treatment that has used electroshock therapy etc. to change someone's sexual orientation based upon lgbt are mentally ill. It is a pseudoscience that has been discredited for some time. It doesn't work and does irreparable harm. Hence, discredited.
Who has control over raising your child? You or the state?

It can be limited by the state. You know this. You don't have to like it but there it is.
So you are saying that the state has a greater RIGHT then you to decide YOUR child's sexual orientation? Interesting.
Wrong.

Government has the authority to regulate medical practices, procedures, and therapies – and to prohibit those demonstrated to be harmful to society, such as 'conversion therapy.'

Gov. Cuomo will announce regulations Saturday that will ban public and private health care insurers from covering so-called gay conversion therapy, the Daily News has learned.

New York will become the first state in the U.S. to ban the practice — intended to change an individual’s sexual orientation or gender identity — with the use of such regulations.

Cuomo to announce ban on conversion therapy for LGBT youths

:eek: Yep, First Amendment my ass.

John-Meints-Back.bmp

Another straw man fallacy and ridiculous lie.

Liberals defend the right of gay and transgender persons to make personal, private decisions about the meaning of their lives free from unwarranted interference by the state; they defend gay and transgender Americans from the ignorance, bigotry, and hate common to many on the right, the social conservatives who seek to disadvantage them through force of law, in violation of the Constitution.

Forum List

Back