what should happen to police that coerce confessions?

yeah, until it's YOUR child that is missing and then you would want a suspect water boarded to find out what he knows. So easy to judge something you have no knowledge of.

Would you subject your own child to this sort of treatment?

If my own son were involved with the abduction of a child and refused to divulge that child's whereabouts, I would waterboard his ass myself. Believe that.

Yep, and then he would walk and never serve a day in prison. Physical coercion only works on those that are weak or innocent. The problem I have with officers that coerce confessions in an unethical manner, is that it makes it damn hard for me to prosecute. Polygraphs are not admissible, confessions given under duress are not admissible, and waterboarding is useless. Any seasoned federal agent will tell you that a good story will get info faster than anything.

TV has made us stupid.

Would you subject your own child to this sort of treatment?

If my own son were involved with the abduction of a child and refused to divulge that child's whereabouts, I would waterboard his ass myself. Believe that.

Yep, and then he would walk and never serve a day in prison. Physical coercion only works on those that are weak or innocent. The problem I have with officers that coerce confessions in an unethical manner, is that it makes it damn hard for me to prosecute. Polygraphs are not admissible, confessions given under duress are not admissible, and waterboarding is useless. Any seasoned federal agent will tell you that a good story will get info faster than anything.

TV has made us stupid.

Well I generally agree with you, in that torture provides as much bad evidence as good, and certainly you could forget about a conviction obtained by such I have to believe that most average citizens would spill the beans LONG before you actually touched them.

In a practical world , it is my opinion that physical contact during an interrogation crosses the line.

And yes, TV has dumbed down society.

TV has made us stupid.

Well I generally agree with you, in that torture provides as much bad evidence as good, and certainly you could forget about a conviction obtained by such I have to believe that most average citizens would spill the beans LONG before you actually touched them.

In a practical world , it is my opinion that physical contact during an interrogation crosses the line.

What an idiot you are

Only a moron like you would endanger their own child by torturing the kidnapper just so you could sound like a tough guy on the internet.

What a loser

TV has made us stupid.

What an idiot you are

Only a moron like you would endanger their own child by torturing the kidnapper just so you could sound like a tough guy on the internet.

What a loser

So you concede that water boarding is torture. I agree.

Forum List

Back